blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:21:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272834 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 1556 1557 [1558] 1559 1560 1561 1562 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6379349 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #23355 on: October 26, 2011, 03:12:26 PM »

As it is possible you are not aware " love you long time" is a direct quote from Full metal Jacket which is pictured in the scene below.

I can only pray that these pics will help heal your discouraged eyes.

Nimrod R1 which had its final flight in June this year.

Click to see full-size image.

Some wind turbines in Denmark

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23356 on: October 26, 2011, 03:13:54 PM »

I have become an utter, 100%, out & out LilDave fanboy, & it's the first page I open every morning. If there is a better life/poker Blog out there these days, I have not seen it. (It might be a flip if The Camel started writing regularly again, mind).

The lad is SO balanced. No chirping, no "I'm the greatest", takes his beats like a man & gets on with it. Self-analyses big hands, & not afraid to admit when he gets it wrong. And he plays for what are, to me, eye-watering levels. His ability to articulate his thought processes is incredible, too., And not too much of that silly "sick" "joke" talk either. Most of all, no porkies, he tells it straight.

He's helped me out next door, with some Omaha strategy stuff. I can coach Omaha to newbies as good as any, & I make money year on year at Omaha (only very small amounts, to be fair) but when it gets beyond that, I'm out of my depth, but he's been over there & penned some golden stuff for me.

Heaven knows how good he will be when he leaves school & takes up poker full-time.

Here's a link to his Blog. PLEASE take a moment to read it. You'll be hooked within minutes. I'm gona Tweet that Link too, I have 1,500 or so Twitter followers, & so I hope he picks up a few extra readers.

http://bit.ly/rMcodN

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23357 on: October 26, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »

As it is possible you are not aware " love you long time" is a direct quote from Full metal Jacket which is pictured in the scene below.

I can only pray that these pics will help heal your discouraged eyes.

Nimrod R1 which had its final flight in June this year.

Some wind turbines in Denmark

MUCH better! I could probably write a very long book on what I know of NIMROD, but I'll spare you that for now.

Clever the way that NIMROD pictured is balanced on that little stick though, eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #23358 on: October 26, 2011, 03:22:19 PM »

As it is possible you are not aware " love you long time" is a direct quote from Full metal Jacket

as sampled by the 2 Live Crew, maybe she's into old school hip hop. pics? Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6VTj7LhCtE

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23359 on: October 26, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »

do you remember playing me HU4rollz in Bristol about 4-5 years ago?

i thought you were god and told all my friends I had played against teekay.

Me? Heads up? For rollz? Think I've played (Live) Heads-Up twice in my life, but no, I don't recall that I'm afraid.

I think Ironside recalls one of the heads-up matches you played.

Oh yes - in Glasgow, & he won it, or at least busted my arse good & proper. 5-1, I seem to recall.

Did you ever hear the backstory of that night?

We were due to host a blonde Tourney @ Hamilton Accs football ground the next day, & Davey Newth had agreed to loan us the Tables. Earlier that day, someone had got arsey with TraceT (a close friend of his & a serial blonde Poster back then) on the Forum, so he got all stroppy & demanded an apology, or "no Tables". Dave C went apeshit, & it all kicked off. The van was sitting outside with the Tables in, but they refused to let us have them!

Pete S had been commissioned by Dave C to film the Event at Hamilton FC, at no small cost to blonde, & blonde were gonna sell the footage. Not quite sure who the buyer was ever gonna be, though.....sadly, DC & I rarely saw eye to eye on these "details". I liked him a lot as a poker player, but once we were in business together, it was uphill for both of us. To be fair to him, I'm not exactly tolerant & understanding in business, it's "my way or no way". Dave was the same, lol, so a recipe for disaster.

Until a year or so ago, I still saw DC from time to time, & we both kept it nice & cool, no aggro. I understand he is living in the Phillipines these days. We fell out terribly over blonde business, much bitterness, but life goes on, & I hope his life pans out well in the future.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:32:40 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23360 on: October 26, 2011, 03:36:28 PM »

As it is possible you are not aware " love you long time" is a direct quote from Full metal Jacket

as sampled by the 2 Live Crew, maybe she's into old school hip hop. pics? Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6VTj7LhCtE

Hmm, not sure my adolescent young female office colleague would be into that vile tosh. She brings a copy of "Jackie" into the office; I don't see much cross-selling between those two mediums, somehow.....

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #23361 on: October 26, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »

tikay

we really must chat "roads".

Please telll me, why are concrete barriers becoming more popular? Surely "armco" are installed to disipate energy for the people involved. Ive never investigated cocrete and their construction but it strikes me that it doesnt have the same life saving capacity.

I could tell you some eye watering repair cost stories of barriers et al. Im not sure if you aware aware but I have been adjusting highways claims for the past year (on behalf of insurers), something I fell into if I am being honest, but it turns out I am starting to become something of "the" expert. Other people use those words, but I dont know of anyone with my experience (by volume of claims) and my database of info i imagine would rival anyones (I got carried away).

As for the M25 I cant share your love.  I cant go into detail as to why (to do with the above), but day to day it is the bain of my life. Well, I guess it is and it isnt, it also keeps bread on my table, so maybe it isnt!

Anyway, if you are ever bored and fancy some road chat, let me know  Tongue

and in all seriousness, if you were ever involved in roads and their construction, or more inportantly worked for a civils for roads, let me know, I might even be able to commssion you for advice!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #23362 on: October 26, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »

We were due to host a blonde Tourney @ Hamilton Accs football ground the next day, & Davey Newth had agreed to loan us the Tables. Earlier that day, someone had got arsey with TraceT (a close friend of his & a serial blonde Poster back then) on the Forum, so he got all stroppy & demanded an apology, or "no Tables". Dave C went apeshit, & it all kicked off. The van was sitting outside with the Tables in, but they refused to let us have them!

was traceT even in glasgow? thought the comments were made about ang?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #23363 on: October 26, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »

vile tosh to a grandad = funny to an adolescent

anyway if she's so young why don't you have a quiet word and point her in the right direction?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23364 on: October 26, 2011, 03:54:46 PM »

was traceT even in glasgow? thought the comments were made about ang?

My bad, you are quite correct. I get confused....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23365 on: October 26, 2011, 03:56:14 PM »

vile tosh to a grandad = funny to an adolescent

anyway if she's so young why don't you have a quiet word and point her in the right direction?

Adolescents never listen to grandads. Grandads think they know everything. Adolescent DO know everything. I offered her my "Great Western Steam" CD, but she spurned me.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23366 on: October 26, 2011, 04:06:44 PM »

"I'm not young enough to know everything." - J.M. Barrie (also attributed to Oscar Wilde)

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23367 on: October 26, 2011, 04:08:37 PM »

tikay

Please telll me, why are concrete barriers becoming more popular? Surely "armco" are installed to disipate energy for the people involved. Ive never investigated cocrete and their construction but it strikes me that it doesnt have the same life saving capacity.

I could tell you some eye watering repair cost stories of barriers et al. Im not sure if you aware aware but I have been adjusting highways claims for the past year (on behalf of insurers), something I fell into if I am being honest, but it turns out I am starting to become something of "the" expert. Other people use those words, but I dont know of anyone with my experience (by volume of claims) and my database of info i imagine would rival anyones (I got carried away).

As for the M25 I cant share your love.  I cant go into detail as to why (to do with the above), but day to day it is the bain of my life. Well, I guess it is and it isnt, it also keeps bread on my table, so maybe it isnt!

Anyway, if you are ever bored and fancy some road chat, let me know  Tongue

and in all seriousness, if you were ever involved in roads and their construction, or more inportantly worked for a civils for roads, let me know, I might even be able to commssion you for advice!

It's past my daily nap time, so I'll save that for later.

But yes, there is an incredibly good reason why concrete crash barrier systems are now favoured over "traditional" metal Armco. The first time I saw the new concrete system now favoured was on the M1 between J21A & J22. Increasingly, it is being favoured everywhere now, & I don't believe Armco is still being installed, except in special circumstances.

You actually answer your own question. Metal Armco barriers ARE safer, but once damaged, for legal & insurance reasons, which you are aware of, they must be insta-repaired, which costs a fortune, & closes 33% of the road capacity for up to 24 hours after every prang.

I don't know the safety stats, but I'm pretty sure concrete is the more dangerous of the two systems, but the money saved counts for more, it seems.

No, I was never involved in road construction, except for a few road bridges - over the Ribble in Preston, the Orwell in Norwich, & rebuilding an old one over the Trent near Newark.

In my very early days in construction, I had a minor involvement in Beston Viaduct (M6) which is the very long elevated section of the M6 near Birmingham, which runs right past Walsall FC, or used to.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #23368 on: October 26, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »

tikay

As for the M25 I cant share your love.  I cant go into detail as to why (to do with the above), but day to day it is the bain of my life. Well, I guess it is and it isnt, it also keeps bread on my table, so maybe it isnt!

But yes, there is an incredibly good reason why concrete crash barrier systems are now favoured over "traditional" metal Armco. The first time I saw the new concrete system now favoured was on the M1 between J21A & J22. Increasingly, it is being favoured everywhere now, & I don't believe Armco is still being installed, except in special circumstances.

You actually answer your own question. Metal Armco barriers ARE safer, but once damnaged, for legal & insurance reasons, which you are aware of, they musty be insta-repaired, which costs a fortune, & closes 33% of the road capacity for up to 24 hours after every prang.

I don't know the safety stats, but I'm pretty sure concrete is the more dangerous of the two systems, but the money saved counts for more, it seems.

No, I was never involved in road construction, except for a few road bridges - over the Ribble in Preston, the Orwell in Norwich, & rebuilding an old one over the Trent near Newark.

In my very early days in construction, I had a minor involvement in Beston Viaduct (M6) which is the very long elevated section of the M6 near Birmingham, which runs right past Walsall FC, or used to.

we should definately chat

the current cost of repairs would make every driver weep

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23369 on: October 26, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »

tikay

You actually answer your own question. Metal Armco barriers ARE safer, but once damnaged, for legal & insurance reasons, which you are aware of, they musty be insta-repaired, which costs a fortune, & closes 33% of the road capacity for up to 24 hours after every prang.

we should definately chat

the current cost of repairs would make every driver weep

Hence the changeover to concrete, surely?

Anyway, concrete can be quite forgiving.....

Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 1556 1557 [1558] 1559 1560 1561 1562 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: