blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2004 2005 2006 2007 [2008] 2009 2010 2011 2012 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320403 times)
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30105 on: September 16, 2012, 02:11:17 AM »

Just typed iambic pentameter into wikipedia. May need to be sober before i fully understand it, even then there's a high chance of failure!!!!

Cymru am byth
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30106 on: September 21, 2012, 08:21:18 PM »

Thanks Aaron.

This year they presented me with some framed photographs of myself - caricatures more correctly.

Jeez, everyone would have a field day if I Uploaded those. To be fair, I look a lot younger in them.

A real shame you could not be there, & I hope you will be  back at the SPT's soon. We announced the SPT '13 Tour last night on the Show. Sort of. 

How is the lad - Lionel, is it? Sorry, I'm bad with names.

Leo, close enough though.

He's great, just started Secondary School a few weeks back.  For some reason they call it High School these days. 

As it happens he's going to the same secondary school that I went to 30 years ago, the main changes are the school now looks like a prison with 8 foot high stiff steel fencing around it.  Not because it's in a bad area, it's not, but I expect someone came up with the bright idea during a child protection meeting one day.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #30107 on: September 25, 2012, 01:23:13 PM »

tikay!

Pee Emming you r.e something Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30108 on: September 28, 2012, 10:16:24 AM »

First class Rod, thank you, & a wonderful example that originality & British craftsmasnship still exists, & can be successful. I so admiire these "small" business ventures.

Excellent choice of subjects, too, I could barely have chosen better.

Bankside Power Station - I did a ton of work there in the late 60's, & it was where I first lost a week's wages playing 3 card brag in the site hut. It is closed now - it is the "Tate Modern" (an Art Gallery) I believe. At one time, it used to generate the power for the London Underground system ("The Tube").

The Greyhound Terminal, the Hoover Building.

That Hoover Building is so iconic, it is on ther A40 at Perivale in Middlesex. Would you believe it is now a Tesco?! "Hoover" used to be a generic term for vacuum cleaners, or cleaning the house. Hoover up. How times change.

I don't do Xmas Pressies, but if I did, this is what I would buy for Methuselah Minor.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30109 on: September 28, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »

I could not let the moment pass without a few photos of that magnificent Hoover Building, then & now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30110 on: September 28, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »

There was an amazing storm in Aberdeen this week.

That foamy stuff is spume - sea foam & sand mixed.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30111 on: September 28, 2012, 10:38:51 AM »

Meanwhile, the recession continues to bite.

At Silverstone in Northampton last week, they had a "Ferrari Owners Club" meeting/rally thing. One thousand Ferraris took part, & the entire Silverstone circuit - bar 200 yards - was packed with Ferraris, nose to tail.

I don't really know WHAT to make of all that.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30112 on: September 28, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »

I hear they shared the venue with the annual penis substitution convention that week.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30113 on: September 28, 2012, 10:53:24 AM »

Must be so embarrassing when you turn up to a day out of racing and everyone has the same colour car as you.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #30114 on: September 28, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »

Meanwhile, the recession continues to bite.

At Silverstone in Northampton last week, they had a "Ferrari Owners Club" meeting/rally thing. One thousand Ferraris took part, & the entire Silverstone circuit - bar 200 yards - was packed with Ferraris, nose to tail.

I don't really know WHAT to make of all that.

That people like red Ferrari's ?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30115 on: September 28, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »

No no, not at all Ray!

ALL Ferraris should be red, who on earth would want any other colour. HAS to be red.  A yellow Ferrari is so so common.

No, it just fascinated me. We all pursue different hobbies & recreations, & it's easy to diss others. I just speculated on the mindset.

I have a £200,000 Ferrari, tell you what, lets go to Silverstone today with 1,000 (ONE THOUSAND) like-minded souls, queue for 3 hours to take my place on the track, drive round it 3 times at 25mph, then go home. It was great, we drove round like heroes.

I just find that an incredible insight into human psychology.

And don't think THEY don't mock US, as we sit boggle-eyed in front of 12 Tables clicking buttons for 10 or 12 hours at a stretch.

Each to their own, it's just THE most fantastic insight to modern life.

Anyway, ignore me, I go off on these little flights of fancy sometimes. Nothing as fascinating as life.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #30116 on: September 28, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »

No no, not at all Ray!

ALL Ferraris should be red, who on earth would want any other colour. HAS to be red.  A yellow Ferrari is so so common.

No, it just fascinated me. We all pursue different hobbies & recreations, & it's easy to diss others. I just speculated on the mindset.

I have a £200,000 Ferrari, tell you what, lets go to Silverstone today with 1,000 (ONE THOUSAND) like-minded souls, queue for 3 hours to take my place on the track, drive round it 3 times at 25mph, then go home. It was great, we drove round like heroes.

And don't think THEY don't mock US, as we sit boggle-eyed in front of 12 Tables clicking buttons for 10 or 12 hours at a stretch.

Anyway, ignore me, I go off on these little flights of fancy sometimes. Nothing as fascinating as life.

call

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #30117 on: September 28, 2012, 01:49:23 PM »

No no, not at all Ray!

ALL Ferraris should be red, who on earth would want any other colour. HAS to be red.  A yellow Ferrari is so so common.

Lazy gits  Grin

Probably only car that I'd buy red.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30118 on: September 28, 2012, 02:02:57 PM »

No no, not at all Ray!

Lazy gits  Grin

Probably only car that I'd buy red.

Alfa are releasing the 4c in a year or so.  Would definitely have one of those in that shade of red:

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30119 on: September 28, 2012, 02:27:50 PM »

No no, not at all Ray!

Not a subscriber to this. Crass V8 Ferraris maybe. If I ever had a spare 5 figures, I'd have myself one of these, in this colour:

Nice refined 575M V12 GT. Lovely. Start at about 50k these days. Positively cheap.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Pages: 1 ... 2004 2005 2006 2007 [2008] 2009 2010 2011 2012 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: