blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:39:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2134 2135 2136 2137 [2138] 2139 2140 2141 2142 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332764 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #32055 on: April 22, 2013, 02:30:09 PM »

Good to see you again this weekend Tikay!

I watched that "men who built america" show as well, abso brilliant - Rockefella an absolute lunatic, love the story about him owning 99.9% of america's mines, onlyoneperson owned another mine, worth about $25k and didn't want to sell it, Rockefella walked in, gave him $1m for it and then instantly burnt it down!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32056 on: April 22, 2013, 02:39:02 PM »

Reminds me of the Howard Hughes Vegas story:

On November 24, 1966 (Thanksgiving Day), Hughes arrived in Las Vegas by railroad car and moved into the Desert Inn. Because he refused to leave the hotel, and to avoid further conflicts with the owners, Hughes bought the Desert Inn in early 1967. The hotel's eighth floor became the nerve center of his empire and the ninth-floor penthouse became Hughes' personal residence. (Wiki)

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/may/15/how-vegas-went-mob-corporate/

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #32057 on: April 22, 2013, 03:37:29 PM »

Stop it Marky, stop it!

Half the world are (kindly) egging me to make my mind up & get it booked. Thewy nearly booked my Hotel & flight last week! Dylan & Scotty are all in The Mirage, too. I stopped him, as I never had a Passport at the time, but my new one has now arrived, so I've solved one problem. XXX is thinking of coming, too, he'd probably room-share with me if so.

That schedule (mainly the PLO8 one) is mouth-watering, EXACTLY what I was looking for. I would not arrive until around June 9th, but I could/would play almost all of those, with the probable exception of the $3,000 jobbie, which would be a bit rich for me unless I had run well earlier in the schedule & binked a few cashes.

Not that I know the schedules off by heart, but I'm pretty sure you have missed one off - the $1,500 PLO8 WSOP affair on June 10th?

Still some time to dither, but things always seem official with a booking, and it's always fun to plan it all out.

I'm only arriving on the 21st, but still manage to get a couple of the O8s and there is a PLO/O8 mix too at the Nugget. Save myself about £500 in cabs by staying at the Nugget, as opposed to travelling back and forth to the strip every day.

I was on a freeroll with the schedule anyway, if it was wrong I could blame FerencL from 2p2 for his error, but he had that tournament in with the other limit ones on his list Smiley

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #32058 on: April 22, 2013, 03:48:07 PM »

Tony, you know you're going to, so you may as well just get it booked.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #32059 on: April 22, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »

Vegas Staking Interest.

Ralph 5%

Aaron 5%

Doobs, amount to be agreed.

Fat Welsh Bloke 5%.

Reserved by PM (Liverpool fan...) 2.5%.

sharplea, 2%

I'm going to reserve 1% for Irene (TRIP5) too, as she had some the other night, & has not been paid her return from last year yet, as she asked me to look after it for her.

Supernova 1%.

Flushy wants to buy some of my action in any WSOP PLO8 Events, I play, too, (yes, incred! but true!) though he has not suggested how much yet. Think he suggested a meaty %.

Someone asked the question via PM, so I'll nail the rumour here & now - all action sold will be at spot, or "face value", there is nil mark-up.

The WSOP Events have the Reg Fee built into the Entry Fee, but at Binions, Nugget, Caesars & Venetian, it is added on top, seperately, I think. In those cases, I will absorb the Reg fee myself, which seems right & reasonable to me. After all, I get all the fun.

There is also the matter of the Thread that Cos started, for the Main Event, which included Red-Dog. I find that one a little awkward, embarassing, to discuss, or even broach. It may seem rude & ungrateful that I have not commented on that Thread, but I don't really know what to say.......

I am sure we agreed for me to have 1% too. I only pop on here every now and again (as I am busy trolling next door), so not sure where it was written down, if at all, but I am still up for contributing to your Vegas latte package.

Found it now.

Quote from: Knottikay on March 18, 2013, 02:00:13 PM
Staking??

1 % if still available please.

If no, no worries....
If yes, I will ship whenever you need me too.

Cheers.

Some folks never learn......

Of course you can Alan, thank you, I'll add you to the List shortly.

Hope you & yours are well. How old is your son now? Please don't tell me he is a Stoke City fan?

[/i]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:36:51 PM by Knottikay » Logged

Life has no rebuy options
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #32060 on: April 23, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »

There is also the matter of the Thread that Cos started, for the Main Event, which included Red-Dog. I find that one a little awkward, embarassing, to discuss, or even broach. It may seem rude & ungrateful that I have not commented on that Thread, but I don't really know what to say.......

What do you want to say Tony? I am sure nobody thinks you're rude and ungrateful, those that know you know you find that sort of stuff tough.

For what's its worth, I would bet my life that everyone who made a commitment on that thread would love to see you play; it's bucket list stuff - and many of those guys would get a buzz from knowing you'd played.  If you want to play, do it is my advice. You could even add a bit of a charity angle like I did if it makes you feel a bit more comfortable.

Anyway.... See you in Vegas old boy Smiley
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #32061 on: April 23, 2013, 04:08:10 PM »

This is astonishing. How morally corrupt must you be to do this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22266051

The should sentence him to do a Krypton Factor style challenge on an assault course full of IADs with one of his devices as the only means of help.

Ah! The element of surprise
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32062 on: April 23, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »

The should sentence him to do a Krypton Factor style challenge on an assault course full of IADs with one of his devices as the only means of help.

Wow, that really is about as negligent as it gets.

Not even that, pure evil.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32063 on: April 23, 2013, 04:16:25 PM »

Yes, I heard the story on the wireless earlier.

What a despicable act. Those who suffered must feel the ultimate betrayal.

Interesting, though, that he sold the devices to, amongst others, Iraq. Interesting on all sorts of levels, if we think it through.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32064 on: April 23, 2013, 04:30:44 PM »

Obviously he's a git, but.....

I don't get how it got this far. You'd think one person in any nations military outfit might just question what they are and how they work, and when told the wishy washy utter shit that was used to describe it's effectiveness that it was pretty obvious. They are supposed to be vaguely in the know about war and shiz. I just don't get it.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #32065 on: April 23, 2013, 05:17:24 PM »

I don't get how it got this far. You'd think one person in any nations military outfit might just question what they are and how they work, and when told the wishy washy utter shit that was used to describe it's effectiveness that it was pretty obvious. They are supposed to be vaguely in the know about war and shiz. I just don't get it.

This.  How does nobody at any point ask for a test of the effectiveness?

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #32066 on: April 23, 2013, 05:21:27 PM »

This.  How does nobody at any point ask for a test of the effectiveness?
A life sentence here wouldn't bother me in the slightest though.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32067 on: April 23, 2013, 05:22:27 PM »

That was my first thought, but then I saw on the news that people in Iraq have been done for taking backhanders and it all makes sense. At each stage of the chain, the person buying them/approving the purchase knew/suspected they were bullshit but corruption is so endemic out there that they didn't really give a shit. Of course, they then can't not use them as so much money has been spent on them so the charade continues to the end.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32068 on: April 23, 2013, 05:26:39 PM »

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if many of the minions just assumed, so many people are utterly stupid.

I was more specifically thinking about any UK military person/MEDC person with half an iota of brain power and interest in 'science'.

So I take a stick, and I click onto it a magic the gathering card, now IM A BOMB FINDER.

tbf, Bush was president, so I don't know why i'm surprised by anything.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32069 on: April 23, 2013, 05:26:49 PM »

That was my first thought, but then I saw on the news that people in Iraq have been done for taking backhanders and it all makes sense. At each stage of the chain, the person buying them/approving the purchase knew/suspected they were bullshit but corruption is so endemic out there that they didn't really give a shit. Of course, they then can't not use them as so much money has been spent on them so the charade continues to the end.

And there you have it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 2134 2135 2136 2137 [2138] 2139 2140 2141 2142 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: