blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 08:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2307 2308 2309 2310 [2311] 2312 2313 2314 2315 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6389892 times)
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #34650 on: July 24, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »

http://in.reuters.com/video/2013/02/18/japan-presents-the-incredible-shrinking?videoId=241182419
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #34651 on: July 24, 2013, 07:37:55 PM »

You might like this Tikay - pics taken on the tube in the 1980s

http://spitalfieldslife.com/2013/07/19/bob-mazzer-on-the-tube/

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34652 on: July 24, 2013, 11:30:51 PM »

Pretty incredible story I just read about a woman who didn't "mind the gap" at a train station in Japan.

She fell between the platform and the train and was rescued by all the commuters pushing the train away from the platform, note they didn't push it along, they tilted it sideways, so she could be pulled out.

After this the train left the station 8 minutes late.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23402889

I liked a comment on a the site I originally read the story on, so true here or in the USA:  "In America it couldn't happen for fear of everyone being sued. Instead she would wait under the train for hours until the authorities arrived to assess the situation and get approval for the proposed rescue operation."

Click to see full-size image.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34653 on: July 25, 2013, 12:00:27 AM »

You like your wiki pages and, if you haven't already gone through this chap's, get a large latte and a couple of biscuits.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Carroll

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34654 on: July 25, 2013, 08:47:08 AM »

I need to make an apology.

A couple of months ago, I posted about the oddities of having to give your name to get a warm beverage at Starbuck's and that, in order to handle this better, I was making up names and considering doing this full time, as it were.

It has taken me a long time and a not inconsiderable number of venti English teas, but I have finally twigged that, naturellement, a Honeybadger approach is the correct one.

Whilst it is likely correct to give a lot of false names, I should be balancing my range to include some Simons.

Accordingly, yesterday's beverage adorned my true identity.

But would the masses believe me? How could they know? Ha ha! Eureka! Bosh! Biff! Zok!

Unexpected reasons why I love blonde #386.

The apology is for being so comically slow to twig the correct answer. Seems only right to make it on the same thread as the question. Thank you all for your unerring patience.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34655 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:57 AM »

I love Tal.

Not in a girly way of course, (Well perhaps a bit) but rather in the 'one of the many brilliant but ever so slightly odd people that make Great Britain great' kind of way.

The older I get, the better I was.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #34656 on: July 25, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »

I love Tal.

Not in a girly way of course, (Well perhaps a bit) but rather in the 'one of the many brilliant but ever so slightly odd people that make Great Britain great' kind of way.

+1 to this.  Would also like to see a Tal diary!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34657 on: July 25, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »

I love Tal.

Amen to that.

Tom, it would be perfectly lovely if you could get up to DTD this weekend (Fri, Sat, or Sun), even if you don't fancy playing the 6-Max, there are sideys galore, & it'd be great to see you. Mr Tal will be there, too, as well as many of our mutual friends, pals, acquaintances, & PITA's.

Go on, you know you want to......you can even talk about kettles & curtain-making if you want. On your own. In the corner. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34658 on: July 25, 2013, 09:12:12 AM »

I love Tal.

+1 to this.  Would also like to see a Tal diary!

Yes, as long as he refrains from that poetry nonsense. He wrote a poem & put it in the Kettle Diary yesterday. It was, if I may make so bold, perfect tosh, & will never see the light of day again. A walrus & a carpenter indeed, wtf?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34659 on: July 25, 2013, 09:17:01 AM »

I love Tal.

Amen to that.

Tom, it would be perfectly lovely if you could get up to DTD this weekend (Fri, Sat, or Sun), even if you don't fancy playing the 6-Max, there are sideys galore, & it'd be great to see you. Mr Tal will be there, too, as well as many of our mutual friends, pals, acquaintances, & PITA's.

Go on, you know you want to......you can even talk about kettles & curtain-making if you want. On your own. In the corner. 

I'd quite like to play the 6-Max, it suits my in- your face, laggy style perfectly.

How much would I have to fork out for the privilege?

PS- I know of the details are posted elsewhere, but another link wouldn't hurt.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34660 on: July 25, 2013, 09:17:15 AM »

You silly lot!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34661 on: July 25, 2013, 09:20:17 AM »

I need to make an apology.

A couple of months ago, I posted about the oddities of having to give your name to get a warm beverage at Starbuck's and that, in order to handle this better, I was making up names and considering doing this full time, as it were.

It has taken me a long time and a not inconsiderable number of venti English teas, but I have finally twigged that, naturellement, a Honeybadger approach is the correct one.

Whilst it is likely correct to give a lot of false names, I should be balancing my range to include some Simons.

Accordingly, yesterday's beverage adorned my true identity.

But would the masses believe me? How could they know? Ha ha! Eureka! Bosh! Biff! Zok!

Unexpected reasons why I love blonde #386.

The apology is for being so comically slow to twig the correct answer. Seems only right to make it on the same thread as the question. Thank you all for your unerring patience.

Brilliaant. A Starbucks triple range merge, written in the style of Honeybadger, including italics for emphasis.

In Vegas, when I was wearing my Media Pass, the Starbucks staff would clock the pass, & instantly say "good morning Tony".

Which may sound of no import, but it really does give a warm feeling inside, as if they actually really ARE pleased to be of service.

And, of course, the Golden Rule of good convo, especially when a bit back to the wall, defensive, or trying to resolve a problem, is to address someone by their name. You instantly gain traction & leverage with them, & put them at a disadvantage. You just do, as you, with your well-honed social skills would know, Simon.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34662 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:16 AM »

I love Tal.

Amen to that.

I'd quite like to play the 6-Max, it suits my in- your face, laggy style perfectly.

How much would I have to fork out for the privilege?

PS- I know of the details are posted elsewhere, but another link wouldn't hurt.

The 6-Max Main is £220, Tom, & kicks off at 2pm on Saturday. The sideys start at £25.

30,000 chips, 40 minute clock.

Young Alex (Posh Bloke), said something like "the SPT Events have a terrific, atmosphere & are always great fun". Made my day when he posted that. No, it really did, because that is the whole idea.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:28:36 AM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34663 on: July 25, 2013, 09:25:49 AM »

In an LA Starbucks, I bought two large (Grande?) latte's.

Having no small bills, I tried to pay with a $100 note, but they couldn't break it.

"No problem Sir, If we can't make change the drinks are free."

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #34664 on: July 25, 2013, 09:31:20 AM »

In an LA Starbucks, I bought two large (Grande?) latte's.

Having no small bills, I tried to pay with a $100 note, but they couldn't break it.

"No problem Sir, If we can't make change the drinks are free."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2080794/Man-attempts-pay-1m-Walmart-shopping-trip-North-Carolina.html
Pages: 1 ... 2307 2308 2309 2310 [2311] 2312 2313 2314 2315 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: