blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:14:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2493 2494 2495 2496 [2497] 2498 2499 2500 2501 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6328765 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #37440 on: May 08, 2014, 08:33:58 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

whilst we're on politics...
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #37441 on: May 08, 2014, 09:31:31 PM »

As a continuation of yesterdays conversation.  I have just seen this:

Basically sums up what I was trying to say.

He's far too cool.

The problem with that final point is what do you do about all the racist people who are still talking about it amongst each other? Imagine if the only voice that could be heard on immigration in the UK was UKIP? *shudders*

Yep, just can't see how sensible people taking about racism will stop people becoming racists.  People were racists long before we had a word for it.  

Talking of UKIP, how the hell did Neil Hamilton get a job in politics again?   I head him rattling on about how people were getting swamped by immigrants the other day.  You'd think he wouldn't be able to say anything that would make me think any worse about him, but there it was.

For the youth, Neil Hamilton was once my MP and was a bit naughty when in office before.  

There's a bit missing off the Morgan quote, it's from a 2005 60 minutes interview.

FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You're not going to say, "I know this white guy named Mike Wallace." Hear what I'm saying?

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #37442 on: May 08, 2014, 09:57:16 PM »

As a continuation of yesterdays conversation.  I have just seen this:

Basically sums up what I was trying to say.

He's far too cool.

The problem with that final point is what do you do about all the racist people who are still talking about it amongst each other? Imagine if the only voice that could be heard on immigration in the UK was UKIP? *shudders*

Yep, just can't see how sensible people taking about racism will stop people becoming racists.  People were racists long before we had a word for it.  

Talking of UKIP, how the hell did Neil Hamilton get a job in politics again?   I head him rattling on about how people were getting swamped by immigrants the other day.  You'd think he wouldn't be able to say anything that would make me think any worse about him, but there it was.

For the youth, Neil Hamilton was once my MP and was a bit naughty when in office before.  

There's a bit missing off the Morgan quote, it's from a 2005 60 minutes interview.

FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You're not going to say, "I know this white guy named Mike Wallace." Hear what I'm saying?

Changes it completely. Cheers.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37443 on: May 10, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »

It's amazing how, sometimes, the smallest little thng can escalate, & get out of hand, but the Chris Huhne speeding thing must take the biscuit.

Simply, he got caught speeding by a camera, but his wife took the rap for him.

I bet I know, literally, hundreds of folks who have done exactly that.

It ended up with....

THREE people going to prison. Chris, his wife, & a part-time judge (a what?) named Constance Briscoe.

THREE ruined careers.

Over £100,000 of legal bills between them.

Yes, they were all daft at some stage of the matter, but I can't help but feel a bit of sympathy here.

It all came out on top, of course, over an extra-marital affair.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned seems to be so apt. That's the sort of saying that Shakespeare or someone should have coined if they were half as bright as some make out.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #37444 on: May 10, 2014, 11:22:02 AM »

You might be interested in his 'I am guilty, but shouldn't have been convicted' vomit inducing piece in the Grauniad this week:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/04/i-was-guilty-constance-briscoe-decption
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37445 on: May 10, 2014, 11:28:45 AM »

You might be interested in his 'I am guilty, but shouldn't have been convicted' vomit inducing piece in the Grauniad this week:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/04/i-was-guilty-constance-briscoe-decption

....and so it goes on.

Unbelievable.

Sometimes its best just to take our medicine & move on, but I think we  have all failed that test from time to time.

I often think the old adage "turn the other cheek" would save so much hassle & grief in life generally, but it seems a dying fashion.

Reminds me of another saying that Shakespeare would have coined if he were half as good as the arty-farty types keep telling me.

What a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #37446 on: May 10, 2014, 11:39:56 AM »

Quite so. Should have just taken his lumps and got on with the business of being an uninspiring politician.

A part time judge, by the way, is roughly speaking a barrister who adjudicates (usually as a 'recorder') courts.

Being a part time judge is these days the only way to become a full time judge.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recorder_(judge)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37447 on: May 10, 2014, 11:42:15 AM »

Quite so. Should have just taken his lumps and got on with the business of being an uninspiring politician.

A part time judge, by the way, is roughly speaking a barrister who adjudicates (usually as a 'recorder') courts.

When you think of how much training & education over many years it must take to be a legal bod, the whole thing just becomes extraordinary, to throw it all away over something so trivial.

A mind-blowing story in its own way.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #37448 on: May 10, 2014, 11:45:06 AM »

When you think of how much training & education over many years it must take to be a legal bod, the whole thing just becomes extraordinary, to throw it all away over something so trivial.

A mind-blowing story in its own way.

It has been suggested that her mental state is not the best. I'd imagine if I'd been before her and lost I'd be pushing to have the verdict set aside for sure on the grounds that if she's been demonstrably dishonest in the past how can the conviction ever be safe?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #37449 on: May 10, 2014, 12:02:08 PM »

That "hell hath no fury" line is one people attribute to Shakespeare but it was 100 years later than that: William Congreve.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #37450 on: May 10, 2014, 12:10:53 PM »

I know you love your definite and indefinite articles, tikay.

There are two types of recorder in the judiciary:

A Recorder is a type of lower level judge, mainly part time. The Recorder is a senior appointment in each judicial circuit (region)= so, there are lots of Recorders in Birmingham, but only one person who is The Recorder of Birmingham.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37451 on: May 10, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »

A Recorder is a type of lower level judge, mainly part time. The Recorder is a senior appointment in each judicial circuit (region)= so, there are lots of Recorders in Birmingham, but only one person who is The Recorder of Birmingham.

Brilliant.

Was there not a chap by the name of "Judge Judge" at one time? Became a big Legal bod, as I recall.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #37452 on: May 10, 2014, 12:14:40 PM »

Brilliant.

Was there not a chap by the name of "Judge Judge" at one time? Became a big Legal bod, as I recall.

The Lord Chief Justice, Lord Judge

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37453 on: May 10, 2014, 12:17:46 PM »

Brilliant.

The Lord Chief Justice, Lord Judge

Catch-22 springs to mind, Major Major Major Major was a Major, real name Major Major Major, or Maj Major for short.

Think I might just read Catch-22 again, not read it for 40 years or more.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37454 on: May 10, 2014, 02:31:47 PM »

I once knew a judge with no thumbs. Justice Fingers.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 2493 2494 2495 2496 [2497] 2498 2499 2500 2501 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: