blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:43:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2491 2492 2493 2494 [2495] 2496 2497 2498 2499 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329574 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37410 on: May 08, 2014, 11:36:22 AM »

Think a quick shout-out to lord Grumpy is in order, too, as some may wonder why he is discussing this with me.

I've played 3 PLO8 WSOP Events in the last 2 years, cashing in 2, & I think Lord G was table-side, or on my Rail, for every hour of all three, "marking my card". Rarely wrong, either, seems to know every player.

He don't 'arf bloody talk a lot though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #37411 on: May 08, 2014, 11:42:02 AM »

"What a spasticated call you fucking donkey".

If you liked that, you should go and play 1/1 in Sheffield on a Friday / Saturday night.  I think I was in there 3 hours and there was a fight, someone threatening to knock someone else out and a long winded exchange of abuse and just a whole host of other morons wanting to argue / fight with each other.  There was also a guy who had his gf with him who was been just horribly abusive towards her.  It was probably the most vile behavior I've ever seen anywhere, let alone in a card room.  "I've had better than you" and "Fuck off home then you slag" were some of the go to lines.

My personal favorite was a guy completely out of his mind, telling everyone at the table he was there just to have a good time and didn't mind if he lost.  Just to get a full taste of irony, this speech lasted a good 30mins.  He would rather spend £100 playing cards then go into a nightclub and end up getting in a fight etc etc.

Once he busts he gets up from the table and snap gets into a fight with someone playing roulette and is dragged out by the bouncers.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37412 on: May 08, 2014, 11:46:37 AM »

If you liked that, you should go and play 1/1 in Sheffield on a Friday / Saturday night.  I think I was in there 3 hours and there was a fight, someone threatening to knock someone else out and a long winded exchange of abuse and just a whole host of other morons wanting to argue / fight with each other.  There was also a guy who had his gf with him who was been just horribly abusive towards her.  It was probably the most vile behavior I've ever seen anywhere, let alone in a card room.  "I've had better than you" and "Fuck off home then you slag" were some of the go to lines.

My personal favorite was a guy completely out of his mind, telling everyone at the table he was there just to have a good time and didn't mind if he lost.  Just to get a full taste of irony, this speech lasted a good 30mins.  He would rather spend £100 playing cards then go into a nightclub and end up getting in a fight etc etc.

Once he busts he gets up from the table and snap gets into a fight with someone playing roulette and is dragged out by the bouncers.

Cardrooms really need to police this sort of stuff better, imo, just sling 'em out, do a Sinclair.

Don't care what anyone says, it can't be good for our game.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37413 on: May 08, 2014, 11:47:12 AM »

Makes me proud to be from Sheffield.

I must say, Sheffield has always been an odd place for poker. Its the only place I've played where I feel the locals don't really understand the game. Not in a strategy sense, in the social, communal and subscultural sense. Everywhere else I've played the people seem to understand the scene, post places like here etc. Sheffield has always been a bit backwards, and this is coming from someone who is from and loves the place. Maybe I'm just too close to it.

I'm pretty certain that Sheffield was the last place to stop smoking at the tables. Its also the only card room where I have seen someone throw a full cup of tea at another player after a bad beat.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37414 on: May 08, 2014, 11:52:34 AM »

If you liked that, you should go and play 1/1 in Sheffield on a Friday / Saturday night.  I think I was in there 3 hours and there was a fight, someone threatening to knock someone else out and a long winded exchange of abuse and just a whole host of other morons wanting to argue / fight with each other.  There was also a guy who had his gf with him who was been just horribly abusive towards her.  It was probably the most vile behavior I've ever seen anywhere, let alone in a card room.  "I've had better than you" and "Fuck off home then you slag" were some of the go to lines.

My personal favorite was a guy completely out of his mind, telling everyone at the table he was there just to have a good time and didn't mind if he lost.  Just to get a full taste of irony, this speech lasted a good 30mins.  He would rather spend £100 playing cards then go into a nightclub and end up getting in a fight etc etc.

Makes me proud to be from Sheffield.

I must say, Sheffield has always been an odd place for poker. Its the only place I've played where I feel the locals don't really understand the game. Not in a strategy sense, in the social, communal and subscultural sense. Everywhere else I've played the people seem to understand the scene, post places like here etc. Sheffield has always been a bit backwards, and this is coming from someone who is from and loves the place. Maybe I'm just too close to it.

I'm pretty certain that Sheffield was the last place to stop smoking at the tables. Its also the only card room where I have seen someone throw a full cup of tea at another player after a bad beat.

Pretty sure Naps Owlerton was one of the last rooms to allow - even encourage, with an ashtray provided - smoking at the table.

I can't really comment on Sheffield players generally, only a local could get away with what you just wrote!

I actually enjoyed Sheffield poker back in the day, but I've not played there for 8 or 10 years now, & doubt I ever will again, just because I rarely play Live these days.

Am playing the baby Omaha @ DTD on Sunday though, boom! Assuming they get enough runners to start it, of course.....

Can you actually believe, at my age, I'm EXCITED about playing a £150 PLO event this Sunday, & do the "x more sleeps" thing about it every day? Guess it really is time I grew up, & acted my age.

PS - 3 days & 15 minutes to go.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:56:55 AM by tikay » Logged

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #37415 on: May 08, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »

Its also the only card room where I have seen someone throw a full cup of tea at another player after a bad beat.

My favorite thing about this, not even drinking!  Grin
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #37416 on: May 08, 2014, 01:29:10 PM »

As a continuation of yesterdays conversation.  I have just seen this:

Click to see full-size image.

Basically sums up what I was trying to say.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #37417 on: May 08, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »

Well, I'm not going to argue with Morgan Freeman.  Lips Sealed

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #37418 on: May 08, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »

Its also the only card room where I have seen someone throw a full cup of tea at another player after a bad beat.

That line is hilarious, even if it is awfuly bad form old chap!

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #37419 on: May 08, 2014, 01:59:40 PM »

Heinous behaviour described itt. Boggles the mind that people can think, let alone say such things.

Work constraints prevent me from attending the main this week but, if I make it up at the weekend, perhaps I'll give the PLO a spin....(cue queues at the door!)

Allez!!
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #37420 on: May 08, 2014, 01:59:59 PM »

I have a ruddy good mind to have you flogged.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37421 on: May 08, 2014, 02:11:50 PM »

He's far too cool.

The problem with that final point is what do you do about all the racist people who are still talking about it amongst each other? Imagine if the only voice that could be heard on immigration in the UK was UKIP? *shudders*
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #37422 on: May 08, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »

I have a ruddy good mind to have you flogged.

"They do say that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head."

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #37423 on: May 08, 2014, 02:30:23 PM »

He's far too cool.

The problem with that final point is what do you do about all the racist people who are still talking about it amongst each other? Imagine if the only voice that could be heard on immigration in the UK was UKIP? *shudders*

Yep, just can't see how sensible people taking about racism will stop people becoming racists.  People were racists long before we had a word for it.  

Talking of UKIP, how the hell did Neil Hamilton get a job in politics again?   I head him rattling on about how people were getting swamped by immigrants the other day.  You'd think he wouldn't be able to say anything that would make me think any worse about him, but there it was.

For the youth, Neil Hamilton was once my MP and was a bit naughty when in office before.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #37424 on: May 08, 2014, 02:46:17 PM »

It kind of worrying that we openly racist parties are gaining momentum in British politics and that because of the media attention more and more people are apparently backing them.

I read an interesting comment regarding the whole immigration / jobs issue.  And fwiw I don't know how much truth there is in this but I will try and put across the gist of it.

'There are currently 3.5million British expats who're currently living abroad in EU countries with a British passport.  If Britain were to leave the EU then they would no longer have rights to live in these countries without changing their nationality.  Most of these people are 'British' and would not want to lose their passports / residency rights to the UK and so would return to the UK to ensure they keep their citizenship.  The number of people that would return to the UK looking for jobs and hoses would far exceed the number of people who come from other EU countries looking for work / homes.'

As I said I don't know how much of this is true, but if this is even halfway towards been correct then its certainly something to think about.  I subscribe to the 'Don't vote it only encourages them' policy.  Also, if I were to vote, I don't think I would have enough information to make an informed decision.
Pages: 1 ... 2491 2492 2493 2494 [2495] 2496 2497 2498 2499 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: