blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:12:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2543 2544 2545 2546 [2547] 2548 2549 2550 2551 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321669 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #38190 on: June 09, 2014, 09:33:25 PM »

Have just done a walk to Caesar's to see where this new room is. It is to the left of the seats for the sports book. I believe it was just gaming floor there previously. Everything else (Mesa, Shania Twain, the burger place, PCD lounge and shop) is where it was. There's now just a narrower walkway between the sports book and the shops. It's directly opposite Mesa.

Am second alternate for the daily Aria 125*. If that doesn't go as planned, I might join you later for PHPLO (not sure how you pronounce that, but, if you try, I suggest having an empty mouth)

Setting fire to money.gif

*Caesar's has a salad bar (incredibly, they missed out on the obvious name for it - Caesar's Salad, anyone?), where you can get the largest vessel ever full of a salad of your choice. You just tick all the boxes of the stuff you want in it and they back up the truck. For $12. It seems to be a combination of Guess Your Weight and All You Can Eat, as they give you your own weight in salad. In my case, they definitely overestimated my weight. This should explain my tardiness.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #38191 on: June 09, 2014, 09:37:13 PM »

Group of American tourists walk past Mesa. For those who don't know, outside, there's a seven foot statue in marble of Joe Louis in his boxing pose.

Tourist one: "Who is that?"
Tourist two: "Some kind of boxer"
Tourist three: "Ali?"
Tourist one: "Oh! Cassius Clay! I geddit! Clay!"

Utterly brilliant.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #38192 on: June 09, 2014, 11:26:34 PM »

more from Caesars..

Click to see full-size image.

Just finished a Bill Bryson book in which he described the Ceasar's Palace carpet as looking like 'woven vomit'  Cheesy

Which book was that, please?

I've become hopelessly addicted to Bryson's books. They are really just series of little anecdotes somehow grouped under an umbrella title, but I have to read them twice, so as not to miss a word, or any of the nuances, he is so ironic, dry, & understated. Think he uses adjectives & adverbs better than anyone I know.

He is a time sponge, but a worthwhile one.

Meanwhile, if Caesars carpet looks like vomit, what about the Rio carpet?

Reminds me of something, can't quite think what.......

It's from 'The lost continent', I've finished it so I'll get my dad to bring it you next time he sees you.
I have one he wrote about Shakespeare you can have too, It may help you see the bard in a whole new light!

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38193 on: June 10, 2014, 02:30:47 AM »

$75 PLO High jobbie at Planet Hollywood 9pm tonight , $2k guaranteed.

BOOM!

Thanks Simon.

After I've dribbled off my starting stack in that Limit thing, I'll go play that.

It is not on the stake, ( the PH Omaha) as it was not scheduled, but if peeps want it on the stake, I don't mind either way.

Be pretty sad if I cashed off stake.......

Will try & decide what to do about it being on the stake later today, or I'll accept a ruling from MerePernickity, the Stake Arbiter.

Include it on the stake.

It's probably about time that you started spelling pernickety correctly, too.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:33:00 AM by MereNovice » Logged

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #38194 on: June 10, 2014, 11:06:37 AM »

Ha, JaffaCake, who claims to be boycotting this exemplary Diary, spotted in the thread.

Limit Stud @ GN today, Jeff?
Woke up at 745am after a late night. Thought I'd use the time to read 50 pages of this to check u defo blanked my mike Ashley post. I got told off for being late for a 230pm rendezvous after falling into such a deep sleep. Normall service is now resumed
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #38195 on: June 10, 2014, 07:52:08 PM »

Also by bill Bryson a walk in the woods .. That's a good read also Tikay
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #38196 on: June 10, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »

BOOM!

Thanks Simon.

After I've dribbled off my starting stack in that Limit thing, I'll go play that.

It is not on the stake, ( the PH Omaha) as it was not scheduled, but if peeps want it on the stake, I don't mind either way.

Will try & decide what to do about it being on the stake later today, or I'll accept a ruling from MerePernickity, the Stake Arbiter.

Include it on the stake.

6,000 starting chips. 20 minute levels. Blinds went:

25/50
50/100
100/200
200/400
400/800
500/1,000
1,000/2,000

And then I...er...lost interest...in 26th.

It's a rotten place, PH. All bangs and whistles, full of guys with blurry eyes and bottled beers gawking at the "dancers" on the tables, while the faux dance mixes of indie songs thumps away at high volume. It's pretty much everything I don't want. Each to their own and that.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38197 on: June 10, 2014, 08:19:22 PM »

BOOM!

Thanks Simon.

Include it on the stake.

6,000 starting chips. 20 minute levels. Blinds went:

25/50
50/100
100/200
200/400
400/800
500/1,000
1,000/2,000

And then I...er...lost interest...in 26th.

It's a rotten place, PH. All bangs and whistles, full of guys with blurry eyes and bottled beers gawking at the "dancers" on the tables, while the faux dance mixes of indie songs thumps away at high volume. It's pretty much everything I don't want. Each to their own and that.

Well yes, a "sprightly" structure, but for $70, @ 9pm, we cant expect much else really.

Planet Hollywood? My first visit in 9 years, & nothing would entice me, ever, to return, I disliked everything about the place. As you say, each to their own.

I stayed there in 2005, I think, with Compo, Rhow & the Poker 425 Crew, & in that very room where we played last night, we would have a Production Meeting @ 10am every morning. Compo would come straight from a cash game somewhere, have the Meet, then return to the cash game, he did that for 3 days straight when he arrived, never even checked in to his room, lol.

Guess I'd better do a Tourney Report.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38198 on: June 10, 2014, 09:07:50 PM »

$75 PLO @ Planet Hollywood, Monday June 9th

As reported earlier, this played quite fast, 6,000 chips, 20 minute clock, & we were on 400-800 by Level 5. Or would have been if I'd survived the last hand of Level 4.

Barely played a hand, had nothing even remotely approachng playable.

Down to 4,000, with Blinds about to go 400-800, I made my move with.....

Quite a pleasing flop.....

So I shoved, & got looked up by Gent with big Spades, & he insta got there on the turn.

Not sure what I could have done different in the whole thing really. Bit disappointing, but not sure I did much wrong, or right, for that matter.

Was sat next to a VERY loud lady, of ample proportions, who was making my ears bleed, she was louder than the PA system & boom boom music from downstairs combined.

We resume on the stake tomorrow, @ Golden Nugget, in what their schedule.......

http://www.goldennugget.com/lasvegas/pdf/gps2014.pdf

...describes as "Big O8".

I'm not entirely sure what that means. I assume 5 card Eight or Better, but it implies "Limit", as it does not mention PL.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #38199 on: June 10, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »

I'm not enjoying saying this but why would you shove with that?

K765 ds is known in the trade as DST or double-suited trash and is favoured on the whole by lagtards, people on tilt and fish IMHO.

Best get back to nitting it up and grinding it out if you ask me.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38200 on: June 10, 2014, 11:01:27 PM »

K765 ds is known in the trade as DST or double-suited trash and is favoured on the whole by lagtards, people on tilt and fish IMHO.

Can't grind too much with that structure.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #38201 on: June 10, 2014, 11:08:31 PM »

What structure?

6.5 BB's is a lot more playable at PLO than holdem.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38202 on: June 10, 2014, 11:16:55 PM »

What structure?

I'm happy to bow to your superior knowledge Ralph, It's just my aggro nature.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38203 on: June 10, 2014, 11:19:07 PM »

Well I probably qualfy on all counts Ralph, but......

I should have explaned it better, though my explanation was accurate, if lacking in detail.

4 limpers into my BB, I check.

When I see that Flop, I pot it, (1,600) leaving me 2,400 behind. I got called, & the turn was the J of spades. I moved in, but he had spades. 

I feared he had spades, but with 3 Bigs behind, & a few outs even if I was wrong, I had to get it in. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38204 on: June 10, 2014, 11:21:13 PM »

What structure?

Agree entirely, but it looked like a good flop to make my move, especially with Blinds golng 400-800 next hand.

Pages: 1 ... 2543 2544 2545 2546 [2547] 2548 2549 2550 2551 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: