blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:57:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2602 2603 2604 2605 [2606] 2607 2608 2609 2610 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320299 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #39075 on: July 26, 2014, 12:12:15 PM »

I have to admit that if i have one addition it is books, I love the feeling of going into a bookshop knowing I will come out with at least one book (often more) but not really knowing which ones. That feeling is only really beaten by knowing that one of your favourite authors has a new book out and that you will shortly be purchasing it.

I have to admit to even preferring to physically buy the book in a shop as opposed to Amazon (despite the cost difference) as it just takes me back to being a kid again.

The feel you get when you are finishing a really good book is always a mix of pleasure and a little bit of disappointment that it is over!

Great post.

Have you ever considered contributing to a more cultured diary by any chance?

Wow , Has Woodsey started one.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #39076 on: July 26, 2014, 12:18:29 PM »

I have to admit that if i have one addition it is books, I love the feeling of going into a bookshop knowing I will come out with at least one book (often more) but not really knowing which ones. That feeling is only really beaten by knowing that one of your favourite authors has a new book out and that you will shortly be purchasing it.

I have to admit to even preferring to physically buy the book in a shop as opposed to Amazon (despite the cost difference) as it just takes me back to being a kid again.

The feel you get when you are finishing a really good book is always a mix of pleasure and a little bit of disappointment that it is over!

Great post.

GG Coffee Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39077 on: July 26, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »

As Spammer Tom noted, that is a great post, so touchy-feely. I'll reply later, bit tied up right now, but thank you.

Not many things more enjoyable than spending a morning in a proper bookshop.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39078 on: July 26, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »

Great post.

Brilliant.

Not sure I've ever seen "cultured" & "woodsey" in the same sentence.  Very knowledgeable on matters of Thai girls & the like, mind.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #39079 on: July 26, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »

A cultured diary, now if only my friends had read that they would currently be in serious need of medical help (can you actually die laughing). If you notice I did not mention which types of books I generally read!. I am a fan of sci-fi and fantasy (started with the hobbit, and moved through David Eddings, Donaldson, Fiest and my all time favourite David Gemmell) I do read some other genre's including most the Sherlock Holmes, early John Grisham.

One thing I do love at the moment is the range of children/young adult books it just seems to have massively expanded since I was a child. My daughter read the Hobbit at 8 because she could not wait, but had already read Muddle Earth 1 & 2 (correct title check it out if you have kids) and currently my lad is reading Muddle Earth, and we actually have to take the books off them and out of their rooms at night to stop them reading!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39080 on: July 26, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »

A cultured diary, now if only my friends had read that they would currently be in serious need of medical help (can you actually die laughing). If you notice I did not mention which types of books I generally read!. I am a fan of sci-fi and fantasy (started with the hobbit, and moved through David Eddings, Donaldson, Fiest and my all time favourite David Gemmell) I do read some other genre's including most the Sherlock Holmes, early John Grisham.

One thing I do love at the moment is the range of children/young adult books it just seems to have massively expanded since I was a child. My daughter read the Hobbit at 8 because she could not wait, but had already read Muddle Earth 1 & 2 (correct title check it out if you have kids) and currently my lad is reading Muddle Earth, and we actually have to take the books off them and out of their rooms at night to stop them reading!

Most heartening thing I've read all week, that's great to hear.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39081 on: July 26, 2014, 12:38:15 PM »

But you read sci-fi?

Really?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39082 on: July 26, 2014, 12:55:31 PM »

Saw this quote on another thread.

"So, for now, I'm going to enjoy a nice, relaxing, restful Saturday, gonna have a stroll along the Thames, do my ironing, cook me a vegetable curry, watch some racing, cricket, darts, have a nap, & play some poker.  "

Would this be a preprepared curry that you have purchased or will you be making one from scratch? 
If the latter would you be kind enough to share your recipe, thank you.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39083 on: July 26, 2014, 01:01:31 PM »

Saw this quote on another thread.

"So, for now, I'm going to enjoy a nice, relaxing, restful Saturday, gonna have a stroll along the Thames, do my ironing, cook me a vegetable curry, watch some racing, cricket, darts, have a nap, & play some poker.  "

Would this be a preprepared curry that you have purchased or will you be making one from scratch? 
If the latter would you be kind enough to share your recipe, thank you.

It can't be Tony. he doesn't do foreign food.... or telly..... or jokes..... or descriptive prose.... or fiction..... or art...... or greens..... or exercise.... or straight lines....

The older I get, the better I was.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39084 on: July 26, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »

Playing the 25/25 in Blackpool ("Vegas of the North"). I have been seated next to someone who I believe would describe himself as a character.

Any tips?

(I don't have an mp3 player with me)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #39085 on: July 26, 2014, 01:08:19 PM »

Yes I am afraid so, feel like i should be stood up say I am an addict and I read Sci-fi.

I think my defence would be that it is escapism and creates lots of different environments to write amazing stories, just finished a very good one which almost had a wild west frontier feel about it!

However if I could recommend one that I read recently it would be "The Great North Road" by Peter Hamilton it is a mix of Sci-fi/detective and thriller, best book I have read in a long time. I would say read it and then see if you still have the same view about Sci-Fi.  
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39086 on: July 26, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »

Playing the 25/25 in Blackpool ("Vegas of the North"). I have been seated next to someone who I believe would describe himself as a character.

Any tips?

Howard Plant?

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #39087 on: July 26, 2014, 01:35:07 PM »

Any tips?

Howard Plant?

This or Skalie Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39088 on: July 26, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »

Any tips?

Howard Plant?

Ok. That now limits any future posts on this topic!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #39089 on: July 26, 2014, 01:48:18 PM »

Any tips?

Howard Plant?

Ok. That now limits any future posts on this topic!

Has the gentleman introduced himself to the dealers as follows? 'Hi i am the millionaire Howard Plant?'  That's his usual introduction line if the dealer is female!
Pages: 1 ... 2602 2603 2604 2605 [2606] 2607 2608 2609 2610 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: