blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:57:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2607 2608 2609 2610 [2611] 2612 2613 2614 2615 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296197 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #39150 on: July 29, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »

I take no sides in any of this stuff, in fact I'm sick of hearing about it to be honest. However what really irked me last week was cycling past the BBC building in Nottingham down by the canal, there was a very large and vocal group of Palestinians chanting and protesting about 'BBC bias against Palestine'. Now I don't know if they really had a case or not as all I hear is blame and counter blame from both sides, but it struck me what a fucking cheek it was to have a country be good enough to accept you in to live here and then have the gall to protest against their media.

If I ever lived in another country that were kind enough to accept me I would never protest against their media, they are just ungrateful idiots imo.

Your kidding right? Freedom of expression is one reason they came here. If they think the media is biased, let them protest, whats the big deal. Hardly a country good enough to accept people with that sort of attitude. Just seeing the words having the gall to protest makes my blood boil.

No I'm not kidding, I would never do that in a country that was good enough to host me,

So let me get this straight. You're saying that Brits should have the right to protest and free speech, but immigrants shouldn't?

No, I'm saying I would not do such a thing in a country that was kind enough to host me, I would feel I was disrespecting them and their kindness.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39151 on: July 29, 2014, 03:35:45 PM »

I take no sides in any of this stuff, in fact I'm sick of hearing about it to be honest. However what really irked me last week was cycling past the BBC building in Nottingham down by the canal, there was a very large and vocal group of Palestinians chanting and protesting about 'BBC bias against Palestine'. Now I don't know if they really had a case or not as all I hear is blame and counter blame from both sides, but it struck me what a fucking cheek it was to have a country be good enough to accept you in to live here and then have the gall to protest against their media.

If I ever lived in another country that were kind enough to accept me I would never protest against their media, they are just ungrateful idiots imo.

Your kidding right? Freedom of expression is one reason they came here. If they think the media is biased, let them protest, whats the big deal. Hardly a country good enough to accept people with that sort of attitude. Just seeing the words having the gall to protest makes my blood boil.

No I'm not kidding, I would never do that in a country that was good enough to host me,

So let me get this straight. You're saying that Brits should have the right to protest and free speech, but immigrants shouldn't?

No, I'm saying I would not do such a thing in a country that was kind enough to host me, I would feel I was disrespecting them and their kindness.

So the people that you saw should stay quiet because the UK has bee kind enough to let them in, and for them to speak out against a perceived injustice is disrespectful?

Disrespectful to who exactly?

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #39152 on: July 29, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »

So the people that you saw should stay quiet because the UK has bee kind enough to let them in, and for them to speak out against a perceived injustice is disrespectful?

Disrespectful to who exactly?

Had they been protesting about Israel invading Gaza and killing their countrymen It would have been fair enough, but a perceived bias of the BBC just seems a bit trivial especially when other bigger things happening to the. And yes I do think it comes across as ungrateful and disrespectful to the UK that has welcomed them here even if if is within their rights to protest.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:49:26 PM by Woodsey » Logged
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #39153 on: July 29, 2014, 10:44:32 PM »

Isnt that is what is great about Britain though?  That they have the right to do that and everyone respects their right to do it.  Wouldn't asking them not to just be censoring them in the way a totalitarian regime would?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39154 on: July 29, 2014, 10:46:15 PM »

Veering off topic wildly...

...or perhaps back to a previous topic...

...I have an Aldi story.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39155 on: July 29, 2014, 11:03:57 PM »

A while ago, I went to buy some prosecco, as Aldi's is very good for its price, I'm assured. This was to cater for a birthday party, so I was looking for 32 bottles of this stuff.

So, there I am in the aisle. There are eight boxes of four on the shelf. Fandabidozie. Just what I need.

As I'm loading the trolley, a shop assistant approaches.

"Need any help, sir?"
"No, I should be ok. Just taking all these boxes"
"Oh", he said mournfully, "I'm afraid you can't have them all, sir"

There's a stumper. Is there a restriction on the amount of alcohol someone can buy? I deigned to ask why not.

"If we sell all these to you, we won't have any for display. That's all the stock we have"
"Hang on. Let me get this straight. You can't sell me these bottles of prosecco in case someone else wants to buy them?"
"Yes"
"But there is someone who wants to buy them. Me. Now."

I was worried I was going too quickly. I needn't have concerned myself.

"I'm sorry, but that's how it is"

Have you ever in your life encountered something so bewilderingly preposterous?

The issue managed to resolve itself because they were able to get more from a nearby store. I obviously got lucky. FWIW, the prosecco went down very well. We had strawberries to go in, too. Posh? Moi? Pah!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #39156 on: July 29, 2014, 11:21:22 PM »

You should start an "aldi shoppers moaning thread" so you can discuss these ridiculous restrictions with other like minded shoppers and bemoan how the Aldi experience isn't like it once was.....

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39157 on: July 29, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »

You should start an "aldi shoppers moaning thread" so you can discuss these ridiculous restrictions with other like minded shoppers and bemoan how the Aldi experience isn't like it once was.....

It's just the sheer weirdness of the decision. Was a while ago now. Still happily shop there.

Now if you want me to moan about something, I've just seen another one of those shameless Herbal Essences Nicole Scherzinger adverts. It's only shampoo, Bab.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #39158 on: July 29, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »

They do big bottles of lemonade for 17p to be fair  Cheesy
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #39159 on: July 30, 2014, 01:13:46 AM »

Whilst protesting is a human right it's also a goddam waste of time & energy. Remember the petrol price protests from a couple of years ago because prices went over a quid a litre? All those go slow parades and blockades? Petrol is now like £1.27 right?

Somebody correctly said that there is no solution to a complex conflict that has been ongoing for generations. Absolutely right. So why protest? Just because you have a right doesn't mean you necessarily have to exercise it. This real consciousness of our human rights and our eagerness to exercise them is shaping our society in a detrimental way I think.

I would like to protest about the fact every time I turn on the news it bores me to tears. Palestine this, Gaza that, rah rah can't live together. And if it's not that it's how Rod Hull used Emu to touch kids blah blah found the courage to come forward after 30 years. Basically what I want from the news is stories about people doing good stuff to help others and for Isabel Webster to get naked. Right I've protested, what happens now?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39160 on: July 30, 2014, 01:19:48 AM »

What happens now is, I'm off to google Isabel Webster.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39161 on: July 30, 2014, 01:21:44 AM »

Aye, her getting naked would def be good news. Good shout.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #39162 on: July 30, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »

It's just the sheer weirdness of the decision. Was a while ago now. Still happily shop there.

Now if you want me to moan about something, I've just seen another one of those shameless Herbal Essences Nicole Scherzinger adverts. It's only shampoo, Bab.

Do you think those Muller yogurt adverts she does, would be far better if when she, for instance, pulls the emergency cord on the train, and falls into her pot of yogurt, instead of just a bead of yogurt on her nose, she comes up plastered in the stuff, thus showing that she doesn't take herself too seriously, which she obviously does now?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39163 on: July 30, 2014, 08:31:02 AM »

Do you think those Muller yogurt adverts she does, would be far better if when she, for instance, pulls the emergency cord on the train, and falls into her pot of yogurt, instead of just a bead of yogurt on her nose, she comes up plastered in the stuff, thus showing that she doesn't take herself too seriously, which she obviously does now?

You mean like Joanna Lumley did? Yes, I suppose so. You get the impression in real life she would be in the back of a Maybach, being fed the fruit corner by a hunky bloke in a dickie bow and no shirt.

No one enjoys yoghurt that much, either. Mullerlicious, my arsen*l.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #39164 on: July 30, 2014, 09:44:51 AM »

Aldi heat treated uht semi skimmed milk 58 p a litre
It's 90 p In morrisons
Co-op rainbow yorkie pudding mix 54 p
Morrisons 17 p
There's certainly some good deals if you take notice
Pages: 1 ... 2607 2608 2609 2610 [2611] 2612 2613 2614 2615 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: