blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:16:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2767 2768 2769 2770 [2771] 2772 2773 2774 2775 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321920 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41550 on: April 28, 2015, 06:48:49 PM »

Finished the 2nd Danny Baker book yesterday and, for me, it suffers a bit in comparison to the first one because he's told a few of the stories on his radio show before, so I was already familiar with them.

Tikay, you are right in that he writes exactly as he speaks.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #41551 on: April 29, 2015, 12:54:04 AM »

Well done on a great show tonight Tikay, loving the new format.

Is it the same details as last year? Will send over the in the next couple of days.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41552 on: April 29, 2015, 11:19:48 AM »

Is it the same details as last year? Will send over the in the next couple of days.

Thanks Kev, but you never made it easy, with your constant aggression.(WP, WP).

The dynamic is extremely awkward. For starters, I've not played NLH cash for best part of a decade, so that was a bit intimidating, especially to do so in front of 50,000 pairs of eyes, many of whom would love to mock failure from the comfort of their armchairs. I did sort of hint to the Producers that I'd rather not, but they insisted, marv. It did not help - no disrespect to him at all - to be paired in the Studio with Jamie Sykes, who has a proper game, or so it seemed to me. All very nerve wracking. Luckily, once he sussed how nervous & out of sorts I was, he was most helpful & understanding.

For the one or two around the globe who have not seen the £100 Challenge, two of us in the Studio sit down at a 25p - 50p table with £100, take on all-comers, over 2 hours, & a league table develops over the weeks. Mr Channing is currently top with £185 I think, but 3 players have lost the lot, so I was pretty keen not to do the same.  And I desperately wanted to do better than Cambridge Alex. (I did, BOOM).

The problem, the odd dynamic, is that thinking players can really pile on the pressure, knowing that if we lose the £100, that's it, no second bullet. And you did that perfectly, you bugger, as did Tommy D & rspca.

I managed to run the £100 up to a peak of £189, then went on a bit of a downswing, & eventually ended with £115, for a £15 profit. Never have I been more relieved to make a whole £15.

I just decided, in advance, only to play from late position, & try & be as aggro as my little balls would allow. As it happens, I quite enjoyed the 6-Max NLH cash - I've never played it before.  

I done a big chunk when I made a play against rspca with J high, even 3 bet him on the river, to which he promptly 4 bet shoved all-in. Foldddddddd. He showed Q high, the rascal.

And of course, it's human nature, but players LOVE to pull a successful bluff on the TV, & why not? So its easy to end up looking pretty daft, though to be fair, I don't need much help in that department these days.

My biggest pot of the night - or should have been - was my Kings full against trip nines, but the guy folded on the river. I must be SO transparent.

Glad you enjoyed the Show, & the new format.

I was strangely discomfited yesterday, & more so in the Studio, for the entire evening, including all the pre-records we did between 7pm & 9pm, so I've no idea how it looked to the viewers, none at all. I just know I was glad when it ended, & I got the hell out of the studio afterwards pdq. I really hope they don't ask me to do it again.

And breathe.....

Payment details - yes, same as last year, thank you.

I'll get all the other Staking stuff up to date today, too, apols for the delay, been a bit all over the shop.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:23:30 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #41553 on: April 29, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »

You didn't beat Alex you crushed him:) the kk hand, I had just quit the table but seen the hand play out. Otr Jj donks river for pot or just over, when you jam you always have a Fh here. 6 9 is a trivial fold from your oppos perspective, he has trips with no kicker. Jamie Sykes came across really well, and seemed really aggro, guy had the moves and spoke well about the game 2.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41554 on: April 29, 2015, 12:38:01 PM »

You didn't beat Alex you crushed him:) the kk hand, I had just quit the table but seen the hand play out. Otr Jj donks river for pot or just over, when you jam you always have a Fh here. 6 9 is a trivial fold from your oppos perspective, he has trips with no kicker. Jamie Sykes came across really well, and seemed really aggro, guy had the moves and spoke well about the game 2.

I was struggling to type my bet size into the studio I-pad, which is a bit naff, so, given he only had about 30% of the pot behind, I had to jam. Was really surprised he folded for so little. He typed "WORST FOLD OF MY LIFE". And I'm thinking, not really mate.....

He seemed a nice lad, too, "JJJohnson" I think.

Jamie? Yup, bright lad, intelligent, articulate, very comfy in himself. Was surprised to learn he was born & raised in Harrogate, that's posh. (By Yorkshire standards).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #41555 on: April 29, 2015, 03:06:04 PM »

85 sent , think this is the right amount gor 1 %!
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #41556 on: April 30, 2015, 07:53:00 AM »

Mere or Tikay - if £85 is 1% in English, how much in $$$? Reason I ask is that I just got a gig working for WSOP to update so will be in Vegas...and can give Tikay cash then for my 1% Smiley
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41557 on: April 30, 2015, 08:03:05 AM »

Mere or Tikay - if £85 is 1% in English, how much in $$$? Reason I ask is that I just got a gig working for WSOP to update so will be in Vegas...and can give Tikay cash then for my 1% Smiley

Approx. $130. I'm using an exchange rate of 1.51.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:12:10 AM by MereNovice » Logged

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #41558 on: April 30, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »

Approx. $130. I'm using an exchange rate of 1.51.

OK, cheers.

Cash in Vegas ok Tikay?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41559 on: April 30, 2015, 09:56:04 AM »

Reason I ask is that I just got a gig working for WSOP to update so will be in Vegas...

Thin..

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #41560 on: April 30, 2015, 11:49:10 AM »

Reason I ask is that I just got a gig working for WSOP to update so will be in Vegas...

Thin..

Very thin. Only got sorted yesterday. Stupidly excited lol!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #41561 on: April 30, 2015, 01:01:01 PM »

Thanks Kev, but you never made it easy, with your constant aggression.(WP, WP).

The dynamic is extremely awkward. For starters, I've not played NLH cash for best part of a decade, so that was a bit intimidating, especially to do so in front of 50,000 pairs of eyes, many of whom would love to mock failure from the comfort of their armchairs. I did sort of hint to the Producers that I'd rather not, but they insisted, marv. It did not help - no disrespect to him at all - to be paired in the Studio with Jamie Sykes, who has a proper game, or so it seemed to me. All very nerve wracking. Luckily, once he sussed how nervous & out of sorts I was, he was most helpful & understanding.

For the one or two around the globe who have not seen the £100 Challenge, two of us in the Studio sit down at a 25p - 50p table with £100, take on all-comers, over 2 hours, & a league table develops over the weeks. Mr Channing is currently top with £185 I think, but 3 players have lost the lot, so I was pretty keen not to do the same.  And I desperately wanted to do better than Cambridge Alex. (I did, BOOM).

The problem, the odd dynamic, is that thinking players can really pile on the pressure, knowing that if we lose the £100, that's it, no second bullet. And you did that perfectly, you bugger, as did Tommy D & rspca.

I managed to run the £100 up to a peak of £189, then went on a bit of a downswing, & eventually ended with £115, for a £15 profit. Never have I been more relieved to make a whole £15.

I just decided, in advance, only to play from late position, & try & be as aggro as my little balls would allow. As it happens, I quite enjoyed the 6-Max NLH cash - I've never played it before.  

I done a big chunk when I made a play against rspca with J high, even 3 bet him on the river, to which he promptly 4 bet shoved all-in. Foldddddddd. He showed Q high, the rascal.

And of course, it's human nature, but players LOVE to pull a successful bluff on the TV, & why not? So its easy to end up looking pretty daft, though to be fair, I don't need much help in that department these days.

My biggest pot of the night - or should have been - was my Kings full against trip nines, but the guy folded on the river. I must be SO transparent.

Glad you enjoyed the Show, & the new format.

I was strangely discomfited yesterday, & more so in the Studio, for the entire evening, including all the pre-records we did between 7pm & 9pm, so I've no idea how it looked to the viewers, none at all. I just know I was glad when it ended, & I got the hell out of the studio afterwards pdq. I really hope they don't ask me to do it again.

And breathe.....

Payment details - yes, same as last year, thank you.

I'll get all the other Staking stuff up to date today, too, apols for the delay, been a bit all over the shop.

Think your new style show is really good.  I have watched it the last two weeks with posh boy and this week with Sykes and Rutter.  Both shows were really enjoyable to watch.  Thought the Sykes/Rutter combo was excellent from a teaching angle even though their thought levels were advanced they put across their points in a really good manner for the more casual punter.

Can you pm bank details so i can send the 1%.  Is it £85?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:13:12 PM by arbboy » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41562 on: April 30, 2015, 01:06:01 PM »

Some friends of mine who watch the poker shows and are very much enthusiasts, rather than players, have said they love the 100 challenge.

Feedback was to get some better people on, as these "pros" are rubbish and keep losing their money.

Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #41563 on: May 01, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »

Can you send bank details please. Will try and ship later but may have to wait until Friday when back in Blighty. Cheers

Hi Tikay, back in the UK for the weekend can you ping me your details please?

Ah! The element of surprise
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41564 on: May 02, 2015, 10:34:21 AM »

Can you send bank details please. Will try and ship later but may have to wait until Friday when back in Blighty. Cheers

Hi Tikay, back in the UK for the weekend can you ping me your details please?

Details duly pinged, thank you.

I'll update where we are with payments for everyone shortly, though there is no rush, I don't start playing until May 30th, though, ideally, I'd prefer everyone is square before I head out on May 29.

Pages: 1 ... 2767 2768 2769 2770 [2771] 2772 2773 2774 2775 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: