blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:01:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2769 2770 2771 2772 [2773] 2774 2775 2776 2777 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296633 times)
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41580 on: May 02, 2015, 06:26:04 PM »

Mention of "same Bank Details" got me thinking.

I don't tend to change much unless I'm forced to, but this must tell me something about my nature.

Same bank account since about 1983. 

Same personal e-Mail addy since 1997.

Same mobile phone number since 1987.

Same house since 1980.

Same job since 2006. (& only 2 jobs, lifetime, before that).

[/i]

There are scores of similar examples. I'm easily pleased, I guess.

Excellent, that saved me asking the question about bank details since it's been a couple of years since I have 'invested' in your Vegas adventures.  Turns out I would have been safe transferring the money to the same place after a couple of decades.

£425 sent, well, give me 2 minutes and it will be.

As an aside I have really enjoyed all the Sky Sport Sky Poker TV shows so far.

Over the last couple of years I had only caught the occasional show as I had been preoccupied with other things outside the poker world.

I think with the more focused 2 hour show a week I find it easier to find the time to sit down and watch it.  Glad to see the return of the studio challenge format with the leaderboard.  I've been watching and quietly railing during most of them, watching your delayed reaction on screen to wins and losses is pretty entertaining for the viewer.  Less so for you when you're being bluffed off a pot with Q high!
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41581 on: May 02, 2015, 07:59:24 PM »

374 MPH train, hang on to your latte!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41582 on: May 02, 2015, 10:21:09 PM »

£85 sent by bank transfer. I was going to round it up to £100 but then remembered the grief I got on here last year.

I just hope you ENJOY it and not worry too much about cashing/working too hard when out there/spending too much time reporting back etc etc etc. Go and relax and have a bit of Tikay time for a change.

....looks like I will miss out this year but I hope I may get out there next year.

PS....I only invest every year for the wonderful Jeeves Reports.....and have never expected a return, at all Wink. So, GL GL GL.

Thanks Alan - can confirm your £85 has been safely received, & I'll update the payment list shortly, & let Mere Grumpy know where we are.

I will enjoy it, but I will also fret endlessly about not cashing, doing blogs, work, & everything else, I can't help it, I've become a serial whitterer, it's an age & insecurity thing I suppose.

Jeeves? Fingers crossed, but I don't know yet for sure if she will be there this year, but I'll ask her & see what she says.

Quite unrelated, but blonde used to be a very aggro place at one time, with acerbic & mean comments left right & centre, but its far more civilised these days. (Which is, perhaps, why the Post count is in decline). Meanwhile, the oasis of peace & quiet on Next Door's Forum is but a distant memory, & it's become quite nasty at times, what with so many seemingly bent on causing trouble. Strange how things evolve & change. The vast majority, thank goodness, are still decent sorts, but a few troublemakers can't 'arf make some waves.  

Are you enjoying the Snooker? I was hoping Bingham might beat Trump, & set up a "good guys" final with Murphy, but he's started badly this morning.

I like Bingham immensely, ditto Murphy. Not sure why I have, to a degree, taken against Trump, but I have. It might, partly, be because I tend to like people who smile readily, & dislike scowlers. Daft & illogical, but that's how it is.

Click to see full-size image.

Trump is a good kid IMO. He has lessons to learn of course but didn't we all at that age?

He will become a great ambassador for the game one day.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41583 on: May 04, 2015, 10:43:50 AM »

£85 sent by bank transfer. I was going to round it up to £100 but then remembered the grief I got on here last year.

I just hope you ENJOY it and not worry too much about cashing/working too hard when out there/spending too much time reporting back etc etc etc. Go and relax and have a bit of Tikay time for a change.

....looks like I will miss out this year but I hope I may get out there next year.

PS....I only invest every year for the wonderful Jeeves Reports.....and have never expected a return, at all Wink. So, GL GL GL.

Thanks Alan - can confirm your £85 has been safely received, & I'll update the payment list shortly, & let Mere Grumpy know where we are.

I will enjoy it, but I will also fret endlessly about not cashing, doing blogs, work, & everything else, I can't help it, I've become a serial whitterer, it's an age & insecurity thing I suppose.

Jeeves? Fingers crossed, but I don't know yet for sure if she will be there this year, but I'll ask her & see what she says.

Quite unrelated, but blonde used to be a very aggro place at one time, with acerbic & mean comments left right & centre, but its far more civilised these days. (Which is, perhaps, why the Post count is in decline). Meanwhile, the oasis of peace & quiet on Next Door's Forum is but a distant memory, & it's become quite nasty at times, what with so many seemingly bent on causing trouble. Strange how things evolve & change. The vast majority, thank goodness, are still decent sorts, but a few troublemakers can't 'arf make some waves.  

Are you enjoying the Snooker? I was hoping Bingham might beat Trump, & set up a "good guys" final with Murphy, but he's started badly this morning.

I like Bingham immensely, ditto Murphy. Not sure why I have, to a degree, taken against Trump, but I have. It might, partly, be because I tend to like people who smile readily, & dislike scowlers. Daft & illogical, but that's how it is.

Click to see full-size image.

Trump is a good kid IMO. He has lessons to learn of course but didn't we all at that age?

He will become a great ambassador for the game one day.

Yes, we all have lessons to learn, no matter what our age, but it'd be a very rare beast indeed, unique maybe, who was well-rounded in every way, social skills & awareness especially, at the tender age of 25. So yes, he may become a worthy ambassador for snooker one day, but not yet awhile I fancy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41584 on: May 04, 2015, 10:51:08 AM »

I don't tend to change much unless I'm forced to, but this must tell me something about my nature.

Same house since 1980.

Going to call bulls**t on that one I'm afraid and would back it up with cold hard cash.

It might be similar but chances of it being the same are pretty much zero.

Sorry to be a pedant but I'm in that kind of mood today.

Might just take you up on that Mr Matt.

The bet is booked upon 2 conditions.

1) Give me a year or two of float on 1987. I'm trying to find the exact date, but I'd bet good money it was '87 or 88.

2) Same number? Well unless you count the mandatory introduction of an additional number to the prefix (all 0831 numbers became 08731), I have my original number.

At the time, I was able to choose my number from a given list, & selected one that started with my then favourite roulette number, & ended with 4 consecutive numbers all the same. In those days, before caller ident, we had to memorise all phone numbers. My oh my, times have changed. I have over 3,000 "contacts" in my Moby, & I honestly could not tell you a single number now without looking it up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #41585 on: May 04, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »

Same house since 1980.

Going to call bulls**t on that one I'm afraid and would back it up with cold hard cash.

1) Give me a year or two of float on 1987. I'm trying to find the exact date, but I'd bet good money it was '87 or 88.

2) Same number? Well unless you count the mandatory introduction of an additional number to the prefix (all 0831 numbers became 08731), I have my original number.

At the time, I was able to choose my number from a given list, & selected one that started with my then favourite roulette number, & ended with 4 consecutive numbers all the same. In those days, before caller ident, we had to memorise all phone numbers. My oh my, times have changed. I have over 3,000 "contacts" in my Moby, & I honestly could not tell you a single number now without looking it up.

your fave roulette number has changed? jesus, that must be a rookie error! can't change your faves, otherwise it hurts too much when it rolls in and you're not on it Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41586 on: May 04, 2015, 12:16:08 PM »

Same house since 1980.

your fave roulette number has changed? jesus, that must be a rookie error! can't change your faves, otherwise it hurts too much when it rolls in and you're not on it Cheesy

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

I have not changed them, I just gave up playing it. Not played it for 30 years or more, thank goodness, but if I tried it today, I'd use exactly the same numbers. (I did prime numbers only).

It's utterly ridiculous, & without a shred of credible logic, but you are correct, we'd think suppose it comes in?.

I would guess folks who do the Lottery think the same, too.

Back in the day I did the Football Pools, same thing, identical numbers every week.  

Daft, 'innit?

PS - The Football Pools coupons were checked manually. Imagine that!

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #41587 on: May 05, 2015, 01:48:53 AM »

My dad's shop did manual checks on the accumulators too and that would be less than five years ago As I worked a few Saturdays there.

I'm fairly sure I pencilled in some Vegas action of yours but I haven't sent anything yet. Could you post or PM confirmation and a figure and ill get it sent over. No problem if your oversubscribed I understand it happens.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41588 on: May 06, 2015, 12:17:35 PM »

My dad's shop did manual checks on the accumulators too and that would be less than five years ago As I worked a few Saturdays there.

I'm fairly sure I pencilled in some Vegas action of yours but I haven't sent anything yet. Could you post or PM confirmation and a figure and ill get it sent over. No problem if your oversubscribed I understand it happens.

Hi Adam,

Manual checking of Accas in a bookies, wow, that takes me back.

We used to use a state of the art high tech device called a "Genie" to settle bets, but I was a bit OCD, & preferred to do it manually.

As to Vegas Staking, you reserved 1%, which remains BOOKED.

No rush for payment (£85), though preferably before I head off, on May 29th.

The full list of those who have Booked action is on Page 2966, here......

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.41475

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41589 on: May 06, 2015, 12:23:59 PM »

The up to date list of who has paid is highlighted on the Stakers List on Page 2966......

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.41475

I'll send that to MereGrumpy later, so he can update the Spready.

Fraser requested 5%, & understood that may be too much, but sent £425 anyway, so I'll be sending him a refund for £212.50 today.

Thank you to all those who have paid. For those who have yet to pay, there is no rush at all, I don't start playing until May 30th so well over 3 weeks yet. 

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #41590 on: May 06, 2015, 12:25:54 PM »

Hi Tony. Can I please amend my staking from 1% to 0.5%. Hope its okay.

Also can I pay via Stars?

Many Thanks.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #41591 on: May 06, 2015, 12:27:54 PM »

it was only the footy coupons Tikay, we were actually using EPOS way before the big firms but entered football bets as an "empty" bet to settle manually later. we used to input any big looking lines into the settler before 3 oclock to check liabilities even though we had a £10k limit in place.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41592 on: May 06, 2015, 12:27:56 PM »

Hi Tony. Can I please amend my staking from 1% to 0.5%. Hope its okay.

Also can I pay via Stars?

Many Thanks.

Yes, of course, no problem. I'll amend the Stakers List shortly.

If you wish to cancel, that's fine too.

Sadly, 'Stars is no good to me, sorry.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #41593 on: May 06, 2015, 12:32:12 PM »

okay. would still like 0.5%.
I think I have your details from before.
you must be due it. Squirrel and Nuts.  Wink

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41594 on: May 06, 2015, 12:43:05 PM »

it was only the footy coupons Tikay, we were actually using EPOS way before the big firms but entered football bets as an "empty" bet to settle manually later. we used to input any big looking lines into the settler before 3 oclock to check liabilities even though we had a £10k limit in place.

Ahh, gotcha, the Shop I worked in never did football coupons, or not that I recall, just horse racing really, I don't actually recall any bets other than horse racing.

It was just my Saturday job, think I got paid a tenner, which of course I punted back, & some.

I just loved the thrill though, & I spent all week looking forward to Saturday.

There were no TV's in the shop in those days, though we had a little black & white affair behind the counter.

In the morning, during BAGS dogs, I'd write the prices up on the sheets or the white board. I always wrote "3/2" rather than "6/4" as I was a smartarse......

In the afternoon, the Owner (it was an Independent) did all the big singles, & his "private" stuff over the phone from high rollers, & I did all the multiples.

The ITV Seven was all the rage at the time, & for the first race, I'd have a stack of slips about 12" high, but as long as the jolly never trotted up, most of them got scrubbed out, so it got progressively easier race by race.

Dickie Davies was the host on the TV, & he was unintentionally hilarious - if a 33/1 shot won the first & 2nd, he'd say "GREAT NEWS in the ITV Seven, looks like it will be a big one today". And we'd be there laughing, as 95% of the slips would be dead by now.

I eventually spent several years trying to buy my own shop, it was my dream to own a bookies shop. Now, of course, I'm rather glad I did not, it must be tough to compete with the Multiples & Online outfits. There used to be adverts in The Sporting Life for shops, almost every day, & I followed all of them up.

Every time I went to see a Shop, the owner would say the same thing.

"Great little shop this, takes £5,000 (or whatever) per week over the counter, but my private clients punt twice that, so you are getting a bargain".

Guess I looked daft, but even I knew that the private business did not come with the shop.

In a weird way, I still get that buzz from Sky Bet, as they send out their daily liabilities & profits to an internal distribution list, so I get a little kick from that, too.

Do you still have a shop?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:45:23 PM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 2769 2770 2771 2772 [2773] 2774 2775 2776 2777 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: