blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2778 2779 2780 2781 [2782] 2783 2784 2785 2786 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331807 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41715 on: May 24, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »

I check the punctuality of my flight every day, here.....

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/VIR43/history/20150430/1020Z/EGKK/KLAS

It's never been on time once, but apart from a few bad days, when it left 2 hours late, it's not been too bad, it generally arrives at McCarron around 2pm.

The reason for the anxiety is there is a $220 PLO Tourney at Binions on the day I arrive, which starts at 2pm, & has 4 x 30 minute levels of Late Reg, plus a 15 minute break, so I've got until 4.15pm to get there.

With the Immigration queue usually 45 minutes minimum, it's touch & go.

Would love to play that Binions thing though, to sort of get my eye in, before my first proper Tourney on the next day, Saturday, at The Venetian.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41716 on: May 24, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »

Playing a big schedule this year, which is mighty expensive, but my Team of stakers have put up around half of the cost.

I squirrelled away my rather fortunate PLO cash windfall during the UKPC, which was just the job. I should or could have won a lot more, or lost the bloody lot when I wimped out of that big pot, but it was always in my mind that the cash would be handy for Vegas.  I changed that into USD last week at a good rate, thanks to some help from Ryan. (He has flown out to Vegas today).

Then I went up to DTD last week, to withdraw the balance of my UKPC Omaha bink from last year, & played the Grand Prix thing, to try & show willing, throwing 2 bullets - both duds - at it. Simon Trumper has offered to sell me USD for that cash, at spot, which is very kind of him, so I'm meeting him Tuesday to sort that.

I have built up a bit of a 'roll Next Door too, just under £2,000, playing little DYM's, am currently undecided whether to withdraw that too, to give me  a bit of leeway. Might just leave it there though, as rainy day money.

So, pretty much, it's all been financed by poker. And luck.

This week is going to be a nightmare, with a Show to do on Tuesday, & a long haul up to Leeds on Wednesday for a Meet, as well as still sorting the details for the next UKPC. It'll pass in a flash though, & come friday morning, fingers crossed, off we jolly well go.

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:59:13 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41717 on: May 24, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »

Encouraging......

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/VIR43/history/20150524/1020Z/EGKK/KLAS

See...

Taxiing (pushed from gate 6 minutes ago)

Took off a similar time yesterday, & with favourable wind it took 9 hours 52, arriving at 1.44pm. I'd settle for that.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41718 on: May 24, 2015, 12:43:05 PM »

It was taxi-ing for over half an hour, but eventually took off at 12.01.

Touch and go, that.

bromley04

View Profile
« Reply #41719 on: May 24, 2015, 01:20:04 PM »

I planned to go up to Foyles early this morning, to get some reading material for Vegas, I generally take 5 or 6, then read 2 or 3. The flight, 10 hours each way, is a great opportunity to read plenty. Luckily, I checked on google, & discovered Foyles does not open until Noon today, though you can browse from 11am.

I'll maybe go tomorrow.

In a departure from my "never read fiction" habit, I'm currently wrestling with Joseph Heller's "Catch 22", said to be one of the greatest pieces of writing this century.

It's a bit of a struggle, though, it is funny, & beautifully ironic, very clever, but it is written in what is, to me, a very weird style, with incomprehensibly long sentences, 90 or 100 words long in some cases.  

I may just have to quit, as I'm finding it very hard work.

I really dislike giving up on a book part way through, but it's a meaty tome, & I have so many other books I want to read, especially factual stuff.

Funny to see you say this as I had exactly the same experience  with this book a long time ago.  I don't read that often but when I do I usually get addicted and fly through a book in a couple of sessions.  With this one however I got a few chapters in and just couldn't muster up the desire to continue.  I have always toyed with trying it again but reading your post makes me realise why I never do!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #41720 on: May 24, 2015, 01:23:05 PM »

You are all weird.  Catch 22 is one of the best books ever.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #41721 on: May 24, 2015, 01:24:10 PM »

Good luck in Vegas tikay. Will see you early next week. Really looking forward to it!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41722 on: May 24, 2015, 01:29:21 PM »

You are all weird.  Catch 22 is one of the best books ever.

It's a good book but it's difficult to read. A real catch 22 situation.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41723 on: May 24, 2015, 01:29:48 PM »

I planned to go up to Foyles early this morning, to get some reading material for Vegas, I generally take 5 or 6, then read 2 or 3. The flight, 10 hours each way, is a great opportunity to read plenty. Luckily, I checked on google, & discovered Foyles does not open until Noon today, though you can browse from 11am.

I'll maybe go tomorrow.

In a departure from my "never read fiction" habit, I'm currently wrestling with Joseph Heller's "Catch 22", said to be one of the greatest pieces of writing this century.

It's a bit of a struggle, though, it is funny, & beautifully ironic, very clever, but it is written in what is, to me, a very weird style, with incomprehensibly long sentences, 90 or 100 words long in some cases.  

I really dislike giving up on a book part way through, but it's a meaty tome, & I have so many other books I want to read, especially factual stuff.

Funny to see you say this as I had exactly the same experience  with this book a long time ago.  I don't read that often but when I do I usually get addicted and fly through a book in a couple of sessions.  With this one however I got a few chapters in and just couldn't muster up the desire to continue.  I have always toyed with trying it again but reading your post makes me realise why I never do!

That is so odd, Adam, as I actually tried to read it about 30 or 40 years ago, but gave up.

I keep seeing references to it though, so, on impulse, I decided to try again. Same result, so far, am not quite getting it.

Don't doubt it is a great book, just not for me. I'll try a few more chapters before giving up though, I want to at least reach the Milo chapter, Milo seems the key character in my mind, with his egg business.

PS - see you Tuesday, looking forward to it. Try and get Natterley to smarten up a bit though, it's Sky Sports.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41724 on: May 24, 2015, 01:33:12 PM »

Must admit, I've never read Catch 22.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41725 on: May 24, 2015, 01:41:37 PM »

Must admit, I've never read Catch 22.

If I'm honest I tried to read it and failed, so I watched the movie instead.

Once upon a time I used to plough through regardless but these days if it doesn't draw me in and propel me along I just bin it and start another.

life's too short and there are too many good books out there.

The older I get, the better I was.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #41726 on: May 24, 2015, 02:12:36 PM »

I check the punctuality of my flight every day, here.....

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/VIR43/history/20150430/1020Z/EGKK/KLAS

It's never been on time once, but apart from a few bad days, when it left 2 hours late, it's not been too bad, it generally arrives at McCarron around 2pm.

The reason for the anxiety is there is a $220 PLO Tourney at Binions on the day I arrive, which starts at 2pm, & has 4 x 30 minute levels of Late Reg, plus a 15 minute break, so I've got until 4.15pm to get there.

With the Immigration queue usually 45 minutes minimum, it's touch & go.

Would love to play that Binions thing though, to sort of get my eye in, before my first proper Tourney on the next day, Saturday, at The Venetian.

Maybe worth checking what other international flights get into McCarron around the same time, as immigration usually hold back later arriving flights until the previous ones are all through.
bromley04

View Profile
« Reply #41727 on: May 24, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »

I'll maybe go tomorrow.

That is so odd, Adam, as I actually tried to read it about 30 or 40 years ago, but gave up.

I keep seeing references to it though, so, on impulse, I decided to try again. Same result, so far, am not quite getting it.

Don't doubt it is a great book, just not for me. I'll try a few more chapters before giving up though, I want to at least reach the Milo chapter, Milo seems the key character in my mind, with his egg business.

PS - see you Tuesday, looking forward to it. Try and get Natterley to smarten up a bit though, it's Sky Sports.

Well let me know how it goes and if you get back into it I might give it another try myself.

Really looking forward to Tuesday too.  We're both not really cash players but will give it a good old try!

As for Natalie's style of dress, I couldn't possibly comment but I presume the Burnley shirt she has picked out will be acceptable for a sports' channel?
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #41728 on: May 24, 2015, 03:11:43 PM »

I'll maybe go tomorrow.

Well let me know how it goes and if you get back into it I might give it another try myself.

Really looking forward to Tuesday too.  We're both not really cash players but will give it a good old try!

As for Natalie's style of dress, I couldn't possibly comment but I presume the Burnley shirt she has picked out will be acceptable for a sports' channel?

With it being a Burnley shirt I am sure it will go down well
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41729 on: May 24, 2015, 03:22:14 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 2778 2779 2780 2781 [2782] 2783 2784 2785 2786 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: