blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:26:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3049 3050 3051 3052 [3053] 3054 3055 3056 3057 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296394 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45780 on: June 25, 2016, 10:19:12 AM »

The floor man from Costa Rica / Costa del sol returns
Off goes mr roadkillbreath jabbering away in Costa Rican / Spanish
By now he's pissing off a few others
English only goes one of them
Glares n more huffing of roadkillbreath at us
I like to get to know each n every one at the table he says and to make everybody smile is my aim in life he goes
What's the difference between a poker player and a puppy ? Sooner or later the puppy stops whining he burst out laughing
Nobody at the table even smiled
1/2 mins late I go omg you're so funny
The dealer gets changed
Where are you from ? Lol
Albania says the dealer
Thank you says roadkillbreath
Yakshemash says the dealer
What's that mean asks roadkillbreath
Your welcome goes Albania
Roadkillbreath tries to pronounce it but gets it wrong
Albania says it again
This goes on at least ten X
Dealing cards out has slowed to a crawl
Mr Hawaii blows up says are you here to deal or give a language course ?
Albania the dealer shuts up
Mr roadkillbreath keeps repeating it for a bit but eventually stops / shuts up
By now I'm on monkey tilt and am ready to do tenyears for murdering him
But I bust out soon after thank fk
Truly the worst experience I've ever had at a poker table

Apart from that, a good night was had by all, right?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #45781 on: June 25, 2016, 10:54:57 AM »

That was most considerate of you Tony to provide a few ripping yarns to enjoy with my coffee, and bonus yarns in Tontats' inimitably humourous style for good measure.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #45782 on: June 25, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »

Epic Big 'O' tales from Jurassic Park. Keep'em coming.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #45783 on: June 25, 2016, 12:34:38 PM »

Great to hear stories about you running like the wind in cash games.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45784 on: June 25, 2016, 06:17:10 PM »

Morning all.

Just to confirm, am off to Aria this morning (11am start) for the $450 PLO8, which is additional to the original schedule.

No idea if Aria has wifi, but if it has, occasional updates (or even outdates) will follow. A few Scoopios would be nice.

Am meeting Mr Tal Bloke first for a Starby, so that's a bonus. We may even convince him to play the Aria PLO8. Last time he and I played the same comp, he outlasted me by some distance, though it was at the dreadful PH, which was noisy and smoky, so I was in a hurry to depart. The Aria is posh though, unlike PH, so we can expect a well appointed card room with no slot noise, smoke, or common people.

The new card room Manager at Aria is Paul, a pal of mine, who was previously the card room manager at Binions, so looking forward to seeing him for the first time this trip.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45785 on: June 25, 2016, 06:19:25 PM »

In a slightly less pleasing development, I had an e-mail from Mr Hertz yesterday, about the Mexican Matter. I was rather hoping I may hear no further about the whole thing, but it appears to have legs.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #45786 on: June 25, 2016, 06:19:49 PM »

Morning all.

Just to confirm, am off to Aria this morning (11am start) for the $450 PLO8, which is additional to the original schedule.

No idea if Aria has wifi, but if it has, occasional updates (or even outdates) will follow. A few Scoopios would be nice.

Am meeting Mr Tal Bloke first for a Starby, so that's a bonus. We may even convince him to play the Aria PLO8. Last time he and I played the same comp, he outlasted me by some distance, though it was at the dreadful PH, which was noisy and smoky, so I was in a hurry to depart. The Aria is posh though, unlike PH, so we can expect a well appointed card room with no slot noise, smoke, or common people.

The new card room Manager at Aria is Paul, a pal of mine, who was previously the card room manager at Binions, so looking forward to seeing him for the first time this trip.

Aria has wifi. Also has a terrific ice cream parlour. Waffle cones and everything.

You can play some 100/200 no limit holdem in Ivey's Room if you bust.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #45787 on: June 25, 2016, 06:43:25 PM »

Paul who was card-room manager at Binions for years was well overdue an upgrade in jobs, rarely have I seen someone more over-qualified for a position than he was; really top-class TD and a decent bloke to boot.

He might remember me telling him that I thought he deserved to have a better job a few years ago but there again he might not...please give him my regards anyhow.

Glad to hear that he now has a position more in keeping with his qualities.

GL today lads.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #45788 on: June 25, 2016, 06:57:57 PM »

Gl tonight mate, I'm sure Paul knows somebody who can solve the Mexican Matter out in the desert. Whilst grappling with these age-related concentration issues the last thing we need is something else to worry about at the tables. Just take care of business silver rogue and let's get back to playing cards.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45789 on: June 25, 2016, 07:20:39 PM »

Gl tonight mate, I'm sure Paul knows somebody who can solve the Mexican Matter out in the desert. Whilst grappling with these age-related concentration issues the last thing we need is something else to worry about at the tables. Just take care of business silver rogue and let's get back to playing cards.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #45790 on: June 25, 2016, 07:40:44 PM »

Good luck Tikay and the other forum members playing today/tonight.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #45791 on: June 25, 2016, 08:04:43 PM »

I have won a pot.

Just need that on record.

Was about 5bb but that's not the point.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45792 on: June 25, 2016, 08:05:19 PM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45793 on: June 25, 2016, 08:05:49 PM »

Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #45794 on: June 25, 2016, 08:19:18 PM »

Surely this concentration/age thing that others have brought up is not that bad that you need to write your name on your drink to keep you right?

Pages: 1 ... 3049 3050 3051 3052 [3053] 3054 3055 3056 3057 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: