blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3125 3126 3127 3128 [3129] 3130 3131 3132 3133 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329683 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #46920 on: August 31, 2016, 07:50:23 PM »

Sounds like a tremendous trip Tikay. Have to say Gill is very pretty. The photo of you both is nice if you ignore the shirt.

At the weekend we did a trip to North Yorkshire. Harrogate was the destination. We had never visited before and really enjoyed it. The fact pubs had lines of real ale pumps helped ensure our enjoyment. We finished our trip at nearby Knaresborough. Anyway the reason for telling you is because of the marvellous viaduct soaring above the river Nidd. I instantly thought of you and your love of all things bridgy. So here are a few pics.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46921 on: September 01, 2016, 02:27:36 PM »

You get a bit institutionalised on these things, go here, go there, queue somewhere else.

As we stepped on board, we got beckoned in front of a photographer, almost as if it were mandatory, & they took our picture, rather embarrassingly.

Gill, who is a bit of a shopaholic - to put it mildly - then went & paid to get the photo made up into a.....tablemat.

So if you fancy eating your dinner off me, we can cut a deal.

Excuse the shadowy smudges on the table mat, it was in a cellophane wrapper which I was forbidden to remove. You get the picture, though.....

Great pics.

Might I offer you a little advice? The next time you make a shirt from a tablecloth, don't iron it in a wok.

PS- Why is Gill balancing a Malteser on her thumb?

That's gingham Tom, gingham. Understated high quality gear that. I would not expect you to know that of course.

I had a look at that photo & Gill is holding is a Cruise Credit Card . That cruise was "cashless", when you arrive, you give them your Credit Card Details & they give you a sort of combined room key/ID pass/Credit Card, & all purchases are charged to it.

They are a bit mean with the charges - we were charged for a bottle of water & a packet of crisps in the cabin.

Course, you could be right, might have been this coup.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46922 on: September 01, 2016, 02:30:01 PM »

*DON'T* rub your eyes - really, really bad for them. Increases the intraocular pressure and bad stuff can happen.

Ask me how I know.

Err, how do you know?

When I was a kid I was always rubbing my eyes. As Tom pointed out, you can make some pretty nifty patterns if you press long enough.

Rubbing your eyes is thought to be a major contributing factor to a condition called Keratoconus which is a thinning of the cornea (the clear bit on the front of your eye) that causes the cornea to bulge. Usually diagnosed in your teens, I was in my early thirties when I reached the point of changing my glasses prescription every four months and they told me I had KC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratoconus (includes pictures of eyes in case you're squeamish)

Without correction I'm officially partially sighted, I can just about make out the T at the top of the chart. I have to wear two contact lenses in each eye - one to protect the thin cornea and one that is shaped to fit over the bulge and allows me to see. I'm on first name terms with the entire Optometry team at the local hospital. I've been in eye casualty more times than I can remember. There's a 20% chance I'll need a corneal transplant at some point in the future - I'll being seeing (through) dead people.

The transplant op is fairly straightforward - use a hole drill to remove the front of the eye and sew another one in its place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGFi7QlCHYc if you'd like to watch - the snipping with the scissors at 29 seconds is particularly fascinating.

That's how I know.

Oh my Lord.

I could barely read that without flinching, never mind view the Vid.

Won't be rubbing my eye any more. (Nap). 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46923 on: September 01, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »

Sounds like a tremendous trip Tikay. Have to say Gill is very pretty. The photo of you both is nice if you ignore the shirt.

At the weekend we did a trip to North Yorkshire. Harrogate was the destination. We had never visited before and really enjoyed it. The fact pubs had lines of real ale pumps helped ensure our enjoyment. We finished our trip at nearby Knaresborough. Anyway the reason for telling you is because of the marvellous viaduct soaring above the river Nidd. I instantly thought of you and your love of all things bridgy. So here are a few pics.

What a wonderful viaduct that is, Kev, & still doing it's job over a century since it was built.

Harrogate is perfectly lovely. I only got to know it via Next Door, as when I first joined, their office was in Harrogate & I used to visit quite often.

Think it was the first "away trip" that Gill & I did, too. We stayed at The Old Swan, where, famously, Agatha Christie hid for 11 days back in 1926.

We used Harrogate as a base to tour North Yorkshire, which is thoroughly gorgeous. Probably a mistake to visit Robin Hood Bay though, that walk back up the hill half killed me.     

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46924 on: September 01, 2016, 03:08:11 PM »

You get a bit institutionalised on these things, go here, go there, queue somewhere else.

As we stepped on board, we got beckoned in front of a photographer, almost as if it were mandatory, & they took our picture, rather embarrassingly.

Gill, who is a bit of a shopaholic - to put it mildly - then went & paid to get the photo made up into a.....tablemat.

So if you fancy eating your dinner off me, we can cut a deal.

Excuse the shadowy smudges on the table mat, it was in a cellophane wrapper which I was forbidden to remove. You get the picture, though.....

Great pics.

Might I offer you a little advice? The next time you make a shirt from a tablecloth, don't iron it in a wok.

PS- Why is Gill balancing a Malteser on her thumb?

That's gingham Tom, gingham. Understated high quality gear that. I would not expect you to know that of course.

I had a look at that photo & Gill is holding is a Cruise Credit Card . That cruise was "cashless", when you arrive, you give them your Credit Card Details & they give you a sort of combined room key/ID pass/Credit Card, & all purchases are charged to it.

They are a bit mean with the charges - we were charged for a bottle of water & a packet of crisps in the cabin.

Course, you could be right, might have been this coup.....

I'm not talking about her thumb in the picture that she's holding you pillock, I'm talking about the thumb that she's holding the picture with.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46925 on: September 01, 2016, 03:33:20 PM »

Probably injured herself playing quoits on the cruise. ^^^

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #46926 on: September 01, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »

What a wonderful viaduct that is, Kev, & still doing it's job over a century since it was built.

Harrogate is perfectly lovely. I only got to know it via Next Door, as when I first joined, their office was in Harrogate & I used to visit quite often.

Think it was the first "away trip" that Gill & I did, too. We stayed at The Old Swan, where, famously, Agatha Christie hid for 11 days back in 1926.

We used Harrogate as a base to tour North Yorkshire, which is thoroughly gorgeous. Probably a mistake to visit Robin Hood Bay though, that walk back up the hill half killed me.     

As are the people. Reet proper gorgeous folk.

Best Bitter.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #46927 on: September 01, 2016, 07:33:06 PM »

kiosk turned over £512k in August...so doing ok. Might give Brad a run for his money yet..

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46928 on: September 02, 2016, 09:19:50 AM »

Great pics tikay

Glad you had fun

Thanks John.

How are you now? Are you out of hospital yet? Must have been a long & painful summer for you.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46929 on: September 02, 2016, 09:42:25 AM »

kiosk turned over £512k in August...so doing ok. Might give Brad a run for his money yet..

That's pretty good, well done. Has Brad been giving you advice?

Is it a seasonal business? When are the peaks & troughs?

How is Katrina these days?

Is this your place?

stumpythefish

View Profile
« Reply #46930 on: September 02, 2016, 10:25:18 AM »

Lovely pics of the two of you and can't wait for pics of trains Shocked Shocked I enjoy my job but when I started it was the people I was most interested in some really interesting old drivers and guards with some brilliant stories and I'm sure they were 70%true.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46931 on: September 02, 2016, 10:32:47 AM »

Lovely pics of the two of you and can't wait for pics of trains Shocked Shocked I enjoy my job but when I started it was the people I was most interested in some really interesting old drivers and guards with some brilliant stories and I'm sure they were 70%true.

I intend to put up photos of trains & stations from my trip to Bristol, but have decided to keep everyone waiting, so that they keep checking the Diary. Thousands are awaiting, with bated breath. I'd best finish the Guernsey saga first, though.

Railway is in the family, all of them were on the railway, & we lived on a railway estate. There is a sort of camaraderie between railway people. It's in the blood, & provides endless fascination.

Bit sad to see, after that chap stuck his head out of the window of a Class 3 passenger coach at Wandsworth a week or two ago & got himself killed that Network Rail are now being urged to seal those windows closed. One chap does something daft & we all suffer. Ridic.

His head was hit by a signal gantry apparently, which was over 10" away from the side of the train, so he must have had his head & shoulders out of the window.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 10:52:04 AM by tikay » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46932 on: September 02, 2016, 10:46:35 AM »

What bait would you recommend?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46933 on: September 02, 2016, 10:52:50 AM »

What bait would you recommend?

Marv. How did I manage to spell a 5 letter word incorrectly?

Edited now. Good spot, Methuselah.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #46934 on: September 02, 2016, 01:18:58 PM »

Just appeared on the BBC

What a boss

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 3125 3126 3127 3128 [3129] 3130 3131 3132 3133 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: