blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:00:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3161 3162 3163 3164 [3165] 3166 3167 3168 3169 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334087 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #47460 on: November 23, 2016, 02:32:33 PM »

Interesting stuff.

Congrats on 10 years!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47461 on: November 23, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »

More of all this to follow, I must warn you, with some of the ups & downs I encounter in the little jobs I do for them from day to day. It won't be much fun to read, but it's my Diary & my celebration, so too bad.   

I nerd out on this shit too keep it coming.

Let's face it, anything is better than Robbie Williams.

The older I get, the better I was.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47462 on: November 23, 2016, 02:54:32 PM »

More of all this to follow, I must warn you, with some of the ups & downs I encounter in the little jobs I do for them from day to day. It won't be much fun to read, but it's my Diary & my celebration, so too bad.   

#like

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47463 on: November 23, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »

Think you'll have to agree, our man's jacket at the ARIA Awards last night was nothing short of spectacular. You'll not see that beauty in TK Maxx or M & S.

He's ageing rather well, don't you think?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47464 on: November 23, 2016, 03:10:44 PM »

And finally for today, a quiz for you.

Can you name the Robbie Williams lyric & the Premier League football club fanzine of the same name?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47465 on: November 23, 2016, 03:16:31 PM »

Inundated by requests, here's a better picture of that jacket.

Totes amaze, right?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47466 on: November 23, 2016, 03:21:41 PM »

Can you name the Robbie Williams lyric & the Premier League football club fanzine of the same name?

Bizarrely, and I've no idea why, I know this.

A Love Supreme.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47467 on: November 23, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »

Bizarrely, and I've no idea why, I know this.

A Love Supreme.

WINNER.

Might have guessed a man of culture and taste would be first to get it.

Well done Tal, you put the rest of those culture starved reprobates to shame.

Who are you - or 5pur2 more correctly - hoping for in the knockout stages of the CL?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 03:28:44 PM by tikay » Logged

MrDickie

View Profile
« Reply #47468 on: November 23, 2016, 03:25:24 PM »

Great stuff......It was Poker Night Live and then Sky Poker that got me hooked on the game in 2006. It was great fun playing "the open" and watching the channel on TV knowing that your hand could be on TV shortly after playing it added to the entertainment.
I was chosen one evening to be followed and was called throughout the tournament by Sky to ask how I was doing which went out live on air. Geez that was nerve wrecking.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #47469 on: November 23, 2016, 03:35:04 PM »

Great stuff......It was Poker Night Live and then Sky Poker that got me hooked on the game in 2006. It was great fun playing "the open" and watching the channel on TV knowing that your hand could be on TV shortly after playing it added to the entertainment.
I was chosen one evening to be followed and was called throughout the tournament by Sky to ask how I was doing which went out live on air. Geez that was nerve wrecking.

This.  Tikay, Banin, Browning, Casper, doctor tom amongst others.    God that seems a lot longer ago than 10 or 11 years.  Congrats on your 10 years of service.  One question.  Did you think poker would change this much in 10 years? 
Pompeynick

View Profile
« Reply #47470 on: November 23, 2016, 03:43:36 PM »

It was watching YOU, and others, on the Sky poker TV channel on and off for several years that stoked my interest in the game and finally got me to take the plunge and take part back in 2013. I had watched the WPT and WSOP on other channels, but can honestly say that, watching the interaction between you and the other hosts, and the obvious fun and enjoyment you got from each other and the game itself, was the main reason why I joined the site next door. It remains,to this day, the only site I play my poker on, and in my opinion, Is very lucky to have you and would be shooting itself in the foot if it did not keep you on board for the foreseeable future.
I look forward to playing some PLO8 tonight and getting your input on all things CHRISTMAS.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47471 on: November 23, 2016, 03:52:45 PM »

What's Dr Tom up to now?

zoologist if i recall?

he was very good on poker night live (as you all were)

believe it was also where Kara Scott and Michelle Orpe had their first poker exposure? 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47472 on: November 23, 2016, 03:57:33 PM »

Apart from Phil Collins possibly, who's omission from that list of Tony's favourite artistes came as something of a surprise.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MrDickie

View Profile
« Reply #47473 on: November 24, 2016, 11:14:57 AM »

Dan Lobb got a mention in Mondays Metro newspaper from Andrew Castle in a column he was writing. He was his doubles partner in some sort to tennis charity event.   
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #47474 on: November 24, 2016, 12:58:53 PM »

On the subject of the TV Show, Richard Orford was last night's Presenter, & he was celebrating 10 years with Sky Poker TV.

That's quite the achievement, especially as he floats a little close to the wind on Sky Sports who are notoriously conservative in such matters.

Richard is one of those guys who under achieves - immensely talented, likeable, quick witted, & very sharp mentally. God knows how many hours he & I have spent together in TV Studios, (well over 1,000), & with him sat next to you, it's always a bit uncomfortable in some ways, as he drifts off-message easily. He's the consummate pro though, & an absolute pleasure to work with.

We have this routine where we diss each other, (last night he referred to me as a legendary coffin-dodger) but I think everyone knows I respect him & love him to bits.   

Congrats Rich, now get your arse in gear & get yourself a Breakfast TV Show, or a job on Top Gear or somesuch. You can do it mate.

No idea where or when this photo was taken, fair to say he's aged very much better than me.

I may be wrong (not for the first time) but that might be a Luton SPT? Total player was going on (and on Wink ) at the time and I think it was the one that Ross Jarvis went on to win. It was my 1st ever live event and met yourself & Richard there doing your double act so well, which you continue to do on screen. Des Duffy was also there and he even joined in some late night Friday £1 turn over omaha games. Fun times. Sky Poker should really consider bringing SPTs back Wink

Life has no rebuy options
Pages: 1 ... 3161 3162 3163 3164 [3165] 3166 3167 3168 3169 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: