blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:43:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Kev B, TightEnd, Tal and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3201 3202 3203 3204 [3205] 3206 3207 3208 3209 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297365 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48060 on: April 20, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »

Don't think the wildlife photographers will be losing too much sleep, but this is as near as I'll ever get to a half decent photo of a grey heron.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:43:32 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #48061 on: April 20, 2017, 12:02:58 PM »

Hull?

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48062 on: April 20, 2017, 12:05:28 PM »

Hull?

Could SO easily be Hull.

But no.

Hull has a mighty fine bridge, it must be said.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48063 on: April 20, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »

Easy answer to that - it's about role models, world class opinion formers, people we respect.

When we see those guys driving a TESLA, of course we want to follow, to emulate them, to wear their shoes.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48064 on: April 20, 2017, 06:02:04 PM »

More seriously, as to TESLA, I'm not actually sure if it is an Emperor's new clothes thing to be honest.

TESLA might just be the automotive answer to an iPad or whatever, or it could be pie in the sky - it's hard to tell.

As chance has it, I recently read a biography of Elon Musk, & I'm even more twixt and between now, he might be a genius, or he could be a complete fraud.

I know one thing though - I trust him about as much as I trust Richard Branson, and he'd struggle to sell me a sticky bun in Las Vegas.

Would YOU trust a man who named his children like this?

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

(Nevada, I assume, as the State of Nevada gave TESLA a shedload of money, grants and tax breaks so he could build a battery factory there).

Saxon Musk sounds like an after shave to me.

Think I'll pass on Mr Musk.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:03:57 PM by tikay » Logged

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48065 on: April 21, 2017, 07:46:34 AM »

More seriously, as to TESLA, I'm not actually sure if it is an Emperor's new clothes thing to be honest.

TESLA might just be the automotive answer to an iPad or whatever, or it could be pie in the sky - it's hard to tell.

As chance has it, I recently read a biography of Elon Musk, & I'm even more twixt and between now, he might be a genius, or he could be a complete fraud.

I know one thing though - I trust him about as much as I trust Richard Branson, and he'd struggle to sell me a sticky bun in Las Vegas.

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

(Nevada, I assume, as the State of Nevada gave TESLA a shedload of money, grants and tax breaks so he could build a battery factory there).

My eldest is called Cai. Will I be getting passed?

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48066 on: April 21, 2017, 08:02:11 AM »

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

Absolutely.

Male children should have proper names - Bert, Bill, Arthur, Fred, Harry, that sort of thing.

Jamie Oliver - the cook bloke - has a kid named River Rocket. I have no idea what make it is.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48067 on: April 21, 2017, 08:19:37 AM »

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

Absolutely.

Male children should have proper names - Bert, Bill, Arthur, Fred, Harry, that sort of thing.

Jamie Oliver - the cook bloke - has a kid named River Rocket. I have no idea what make it is.
One of his middle names is Anthony. I'm sure that meets with your approval. The other is Ieuan, suspect that will be a passer. Incidentally, his initials also spell his first name.

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48068 on: April 21, 2017, 08:50:53 AM »

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

Absolutely.

One of his middle names is Anthony. I'm sure that meets with your approval. The other is Ieuan, suspect that will be a passer. Incidentally, his initials also spell his first name.

Are you Welsh?

Completely unrelated, but whilst I have your attention.....

Were there any further developments in the Neil Strike story? Anyone get paid back? What is Neil doing now? If I recall properly (doubtful....) you dodged a bullet there, but many of my friends got badly burned.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #48069 on: April 21, 2017, 09:34:04 AM »

Frank Zappa had two children - one of each - Dweezil and Moon-Unit.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:47:28 AM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48070 on: April 21, 2017, 09:49:34 AM »

Frank Zappa had two children - one of each - Dweevil and Moon-Unit.

4 kids according to Wiki, the other 2 were Ahmet and Diva.

Which one was the female out of Dweevil and Moon-Unit?

He is rumoured to have said this;

"Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #48071 on: April 21, 2017, 10:28:12 AM »

Sorry my ninja-edit wasn't fast ebough - it's Dweezil.

If you google Dweezil Zappa you'll read about him playing his dad's music on a "Zappa plays Zappa" tour and getting sued by his siblings and the family trust for some kind of breach of copyright.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48072 on: April 21, 2017, 10:30:38 AM »

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

Absolutely.

Are you Welsh?

Were there any further developments in the Neil Strike story? Anyone get paid back? What is Neil doing now? If I recall properly (doubtful....) you dodged a bullet there, but many of my friends got badly burned.
Very much Welsh. As for Neil, I've heard nothing more and I suspect any updates on the scenario will be posted on the thread here.

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48073 on: April 21, 2017, 10:38:32 AM »

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

Absolutely.

Are you Welsh?

Very much Welsh. As for Neil, I've heard nothing more and I suspect any updates on the scenario will be posted on the thread here.

Well I never knew that. You always struck me as being from reasonably decent stock.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48074 on: April 21, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »

tikay, animalpoker, Simon Galloway and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Seeing you on thread reminded me......

Rob - not forgotten your post/question from a week or two back, but I've been a bit waylaid.

Will reply later today, got some work to finish first.

Hope all is well down there in Cornwall.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:07:17 PM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3201 3202 3203 3204 [3205] 3206 3207 3208 3209 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: