blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:14:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Simon Galloway and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3202 3203 3204 3205 [3206] 3207 3208 3209 3210 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297645 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48075 on: April 21, 2017, 12:50:47 PM »

More seriously, as to TESLA, I'm not actually sure if it is an Emperor's new clothes thing to be honest.

TESLA might just be the automotive answer to an iPad or whatever, or it could be pie in the sky - it's hard to tell.

As chance has it, I recently read a biography of Elon Musk, & I'm even more twixt and between now, he might be a genius, or he could be a complete fraud.

I know one thing though - I trust him about as much as I trust Richard Branson, and he'd struggle to sell me a sticky bun in Las Vegas.

Would YOU trust a man who named his children like this?

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

(Nevada, I assume, as the State of Nevada gave TESLA a shedload of money, grants and tax breaks so he could build a battery factory there).

Saxon Musk sounds like an after shave to me.

Think I'll pass on Mr Musk.

There are plenty of companies that are emperor's new clothes in the World, but don't think Tesla deserves to be called one.

Their S class is in a class of its own right now.  It has a range of 300 miles plus, which is pretty much the highest of any electrical car, it is capable of 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and is very practical.  We had a look at one and it has a load of space inside, can carry more luggage than my estate and the kids loved it.  If I felt like throwing 65k around it feels very much a head choice rather than a heart one.  They feel very much like they have something new to offer and who knows what their market share will be.

I'd still love the top Alfa Romeo Giulia though.  Maybe it will just depend on my mood the day after picking up the Bracelet, though the stigma of having the same car as Daniel is something I'd have to overcome.

FWIW It is hard to watch one of those Space X videos, without becoming awestruck too.  How the f do they do that?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:59:48 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48076 on: April 21, 2017, 01:06:47 PM »

More seriously, as to TESLA, I'm not actually sure if it is an Emperor's new clothes thing to be honest.

TESLA might just be the automotive answer to an iPad or whatever, or it could be pie in the sky - it's hard to tell.

As chance has it, I recently read a biography of Elon Musk, & I'm even more twixt and between now, he might be a genius, or he could be a complete fraud.

I know one thing though - I trust him about as much as I trust Richard Branson, and he'd struggle to sell me a sticky bun in Las Vegas.

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

(Nevada, I assume, as the State of Nevada gave TESLA a shedload of money, grants and tax breaks so he could build a battery factory there).

There are plenty of companies that are emperor's new clothes in the World, but don't think Tesla deserves to be called one.

Their S class is in a class of its own right now.  It has a range of 300 miles plus, which is pretty much the highest of any electrical car, it is capable of 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and is very practical.  We had a look at one and it has a load of space inside, can carry more luggage than my estate and the kids loved it.  If I felt like throwing 65k around it feels very much a head choice rather than a heart one.  They feel very much like they have something new to offer and who knows what their market share will be.

I'd still love the top Alfa Romeo Giulia though.  Maybe it will just depend on my mood the day after picking up the Bracelet, though the stigma of having the same car as Daniel is something I'd have to overcome.

FWIW It is hard to watch one of those Space X videos, without becoming awestruck too.  How the f do they do that?

Rocket science innit.

Cymru am byth
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48077 on: April 21, 2017, 01:24:34 PM »

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

My eldest is called Cai. Will I be getting passed?

Absolutely.

Male children should have proper names - Bert, Bill, Arthur, Fred, Harry, that sort of thing.

Jamie Oliver - the cook bloke - has a kid named River Rocket. I have no idea what make it is.
One of his middle names is Anthony. I'm sure that meets with your approval. The other is Ieuan, suspect that will be a passer. Incidentally, his initials also spell his first name.

Are you Welsh?

Completely unrelated, but whilst I have your attention.....

Were there any further developments in the Neil Strike story? Anyone get paid back? What is Neil doing now? If I recall properly (doubtful....) you dodged a bullet there, but many of my friends got badly burned.
Very much Welsh. As for Neil, I've heard nothing more and I suspect any updates on the scenario will be posted on the thread here.

Well I never knew that. You always struck me as being from reasonably decent stock.
Insulted and complimented all in one sentence. #special

Cymru am byth
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48078 on: April 21, 2017, 07:19:43 PM »

Dunno why but I figured you would enjoy this (skip to 1:36)

I've heard this song hundreds of times, I can only assume it's on a movie soundtrack I like. I never realised he wasn't singing in English, and today I discovered he isn't singing in any language, he is an Italian crooner who wrote this song to show what American songs sounded like to Italians. It's actually 40+ years old which is really interesting because it sounds oddly contemporary.

You're into unusual shit, do with that what you will.
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48079 on: April 22, 2017, 01:38:09 AM »

Damian

Xaviar

Griffin

Kai

Saxon

Nevada

This was interesting the last month.  South Australia are having power issues and Elon say's he'll build a 100MW battery storage facility (worth probably $120M US) within a 100 days of signing the contract or it's free.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/10/elon-musk-i-can-fix-south-australia-power-network-in-100-days-or-its-free
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48080 on: April 22, 2017, 09:11:17 AM »

Yesterday was Britain's first full day since the Industrial Revolution without coal power.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #48081 on: April 22, 2017, 11:08:30 PM »

Yesterday was Britain's first full day since the Industrial Revolution without coal power.

Sorry, but we had the fire on and chucked a few lumps on.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48082 on: April 23, 2017, 09:46:34 AM »

Out-of-control Canary Islands ferry with 140 passengers including Brits smashes into harbour

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/out-control-canary-islands-ferry-10273189

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48083 on: April 23, 2017, 11:44:19 AM »

oioi, Dylan in the thread.

You OK mate?

Vegas this year?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #48084 on: April 23, 2017, 11:54:35 AM »

oioi, Dylan in the thread.

You OK mate?

Vegas this year?

Morning mate.

On a Sunday I enjoy catching up on some threads over a coffee.
I am of course looking forward to turning this diary into a daily read when you are ripping it up come June though.

I am well thank you, can't complain.

No Vegas for me this year, I do miss going each year though but other priorities in life other than burning through money unfortunatley.

Hope you are well?

Hopefully see you again soon enough, seems like a long time since I last saw you.

Ship It!
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #48085 on: April 24, 2017, 07:19:17 AM »

http://uk.businessinsider.com/four-generations-of-trains-flying-scotsman-make-historic-journey-2017-4?r=US&IR=T

Possibly for your enjoyment.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48086 on: April 26, 2017, 08:52:30 AM »

Good morning. (How's that for civility?).

I've been suffering from a sort of general apathy & cba-ness since you know what, which is most unlike me, but I'm hoping it's behind me now, & I am back on an even keel, with added oomph, pep and  zing, so let's see if I can get this Diary back on track.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:03:28 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48087 on: April 26, 2017, 08:55:17 AM »

First up, 2 shout-outs for good friends of mine.

On Sunday, the 8pm Main Event Next Door was won by none other than Doobs.

I mean, it's not the Sunday Million, but at just over £4,000 it's handy enough.

That's the buy-ins for his Vegas trip sorted.

Nice one Doobs, well pleased for you.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:03:44 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48088 on: April 26, 2017, 09:01:12 AM »

The 2nd shout out is a really odd one.

The Main Event Next Door on Sunday had 125 runners.

The Main Event Next Door on Monday had 248 runners.

The Main Event Next Door on Tuesday had 242 runners.

Nothing remarkable there you might think, & you'd be right.

But here's the thing - the same player finished 2nd all three nights.

The player is MattBates, who is Magic817 here.

No idea what the odds of being 2nd 3 nights running in those sized fields, but it must be unique, or nearly so.

The only photo I could find of young Master Bates was this, presumably when he appeared on Sky Poker TV.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48089 on: April 26, 2017, 09:17:08 AM »

When I was a little boy, in common with most kids, I thought that the best job in the world was to be HM The Queen. Actually, that's not quite true, as when I was a little boy she was yet to be Queened, but that's just an aside.

Course, as we grow up & start to think about these things, it slowly dawned on me that being Queen - or King, Prince, Princess or whatever - is just about THE nut worst job going. There is no price you can put on the ability to have privacy & not be in the public eye all the time.

So a big Happy Birthday to Her Maj who was an amazing 91 years old last Saturday, & celebrated by going to Newbury Races.

How can anyone not love this Lady?

Pages: 1 ... 3202 3203 3204 3205 [3206] 3207 3208 3209 3210 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: