blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:29:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3412 3413 3414 3415 [3416] 3417 3418 3419 3420 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320534 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51225 on: February 21, 2018, 10:25:35 AM »

Congratulations on the new contract from Darren & myself and plus 1 on the Vegas stake please!

I'm so please for you and even more pleased for them, they are lucky to have you!

Some things come up on my calendar now and then, like APAT events and even further back the diary I started here which lasted about two posts from memory. It seemed a good idea at the time to cleanse my soul and a was way of keeping track of the things I'd done and a few humorous stories I had, but I felt exposed and wimped out before I got going. I then read a few of the great diaries on hear and realised my entertaining stories were ever so boring!

I'm so glad Manchester went well and I hope you and Mr Ambo got my love passed on via Darkangel. I had a weeks work last week which went on to the early hours of Monday morning and only caught up with the updates today. Remember Newcastle? I still have my blonde wig, maroon sweater, man-bag etc etc..

xXx

Thanks Shaz, & yes, I got your message via Donna (Darkangel) at Manchester.

Was a tough weekend in some ways, though I don't mind tough. Think we gave the players a great experience for the most part, though maybe we could have done a few things differently or better.

Those masks, wigs & outfits at Newcastle? Ha, how could I ever forget that?

xx to you & Darren.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51226 on: February 21, 2018, 10:27:12 AM »

Congrats on the new contract teeks.

Spent a couple of nights playing with Joe grech at the weekend. Said to send his regards to you.

Nice one Vinni.

Is Joe over in Malta now?

Give him my best regards please.

He must be pushing on now, mid-seventies?

He used to be older than me, so I'm guessing he probably still is.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51227 on: February 21, 2018, 10:28:01 AM »

Spent a couple of nights playing with Joe grech at the weekend. Said to send his regards to you.

Me n Joe were at the highland bar near portomaso during the battle of Malta 2? Years ago ,during a karaoke night this slightly drunk or slightly mad or maybe a bit of both Irish lady took a fancy to him ! Every time I see him I say she’s still looking for him lol

I think Joe's been around the block a few times with various female acquaintances.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #51228 on: February 21, 2018, 03:48:47 PM »

Nice one Vinni.

Is Joe over in Malta now?

Give him my best regards please.

He must be pushing on now, mid-seventies?

He used to be older than me, so I'm guessing he probably still is.

Ha, he's 63 or 64. Just here for a week on business and to see family. Finished 3rd both nights he played. Still got it, it seems.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51229 on: February 21, 2018, 06:23:14 PM »

The pair of Siberian geese that visited Wollaton Park last year and took up residence in a hollow tree behind the tenth green are back!

The male is getting pretty tame and takes food from my hand now - he had all of the pastry from my sausage roll today - well all he could manage before the crows arrived.

I shall attempt to get photographic evidence in due course.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51230 on: February 22, 2018, 09:33:21 AM »

The pair of Siberian geese that visited Wollaton Park last year and took up residence in a hollow tree behind the tenth green are back!

The male is getting pretty tame and takes food from my hand now - he had all of the pastry from my sausage roll today - well all he could manage before the crows arrived.

Please do Ralph.

All sorts of geese seem to winter in the UK.

There are a lot of Egyptian Geese here these days, but they live here all year round, they don't migrate, or come & go. In fact Egyptian Geese are officially classified as a "pest" in the UK.

I've researched this extensively, & can find no evidence that Siberian Geese are partial to sausage rolls. I do hope they were from Waitrose, & not Greggs.  

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51231 on: February 22, 2018, 09:57:14 AM »

Saw this striking photo yesterday, & no, it's not been photo-shopped.

Apparently, it is caused when 2 embryos fuse together, which kind of makes sense to me, but what's hard (for me) to grasp is that - if the story is correct - the cat has two sets of DNA.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51232 on: February 22, 2018, 10:10:28 AM »

Apparently, it is caused when 2 embryos fuse together, which kind of makes sense to me, but what's hard (for me) to grasp is that - if the story is correct - the cat has two sets of DNA.

I wonder if it's called Arfur?

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51233 on: February 22, 2018, 10:18:32 AM »

Please do Ralph.

There are a lot of Egyptian Geese here these days, but they live here all year round, they don't migrate, or come & go. In fact Egyptian Geese are officially classified as a "pest" in the UK.

I've researched this extensively, & can find no evidence that Siberian Geese are partial to sausage rolls. I do hope they were from Waitrose, & not Greggs.  

Having done a little research I think they are actually Egyptian geese as the male does make a strange hissing noise.

The sausage roll came from my butcher who makes them himself.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #51234 on: February 22, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »

Chimeras look photoshopped don't they.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51235 on: February 22, 2018, 11:01:06 AM »

Please do Ralph.

Having done a little research I think they are actually Egyptian geese as the male does make a strange hissing noise.

Ha, this did merit a chuckle.....

I think they are actually Egyptian geese as the male does make a strange hissing noise.

But yes, more likely to be Egyptian Geese.

The top photo is Siberian, the bottom Egyptian.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51236 on: February 22, 2018, 11:02:43 AM »

Chimeras look photoshopped don't they.

Crikey Rod, great stuff, & wow @ that lobster.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51237 on: February 22, 2018, 11:44:01 AM »

Please do Ralph.

I think they are actually Egyptian geese as the male does make a strange hissing noise.

It's true!

The male makes a soft exhaling hissing sound which I'm sure would increase in volume and tone if he's angry, whereas the female makes a quacking noise.

The female was making a hell of a racket yesterday standing on a mound by the tenth green - she must have been calling to the male who had flown off somewhere - when he arrived back they did this sort of tango together with wings extended, at which point I regretted not having my 'phone with me although I would have had to be pretty swift off the mark to capture their little fandango. They then elected to stand about twenty yards in front of the ninth tee which four of us were about to drive off from - fortunately they survived.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51238 on: February 22, 2018, 01:48:27 PM »

Please do Ralph.

It's true!

The male makes a soft exhaling hissing sound which I'm sure would increase in volume and tone if he's angry, whereas the female makes a quacking noise.

The female was making a hell of a racket yesterday standing on a mound by the tenth green - she must have been calling to the male who had flown off somewhere - when he arrived back they did this sort of tango together with wings extended, at which point I regretted not having my 'phone with me although I would have had to be pretty swift off the mark to capture their little fandango. They then elected to stand about twenty yards in front of the ninth tee which four of us were about to drive off from - fortunately they survived.

Did they move in time for your second shot?

The older I get, the better I was.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #51239 on: February 22, 2018, 02:05:38 PM »

Poker question for you Mr T.

From DTD'S cash game rules:

No weeding can take place.
Playing over is allowed, so long as it is in strict reserve list order A play-over box will be issued to make sure that no weeding takes place.

I know what playing over* is but what is weeding?

*very common at the Vic, have never seen it at DTD.
Pages: 1 ... 3412 3413 3414 3415 [3416] 3417 3418 3419 3420 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: