blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:34:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3417 3418 3419 3420 [3421] 3422 3423 3424 3425 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6326582 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51300 on: February 28, 2018, 11:15:36 AM »

Bit of snow overnight, took these photos on my morning perambulation.

Isn't snow lovely? It completely changes the acoustics. Lay in bed, & even without peering out of the window, you know it's snowed, as everything sounds so different.  

A 2 mile walk on fresh, dry, crunchy snow is wonderfully satisfying.

That sign is for Hurst Park Recreation Area, formerly part of the old Hurst Park Racecourse.

Click to see full-size image.

You are definitely progressing with your photography. That first photo is really nicely framed with the tree in the foreground and the diagonal line of the paths and river leading the eye to the houseboats in the distance.

I don't know if it was subconscious or intentional but it's really excellent.

oioi, thank you Tom.

Yes, it was intentional, things like the tree framing the photo are now in my repertoire.

Not so intentional was that shadow of me taking the photo which can be seen at the very bottom, just left of centre. The sun must have moved.

Next lesson, cropping.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51301 on: February 28, 2018, 11:26:25 AM »

As several of you have been kind enough to enlighten me with new stuff -talonchick, Instagram, Maplins - I'll return the favour, & share the secret of a great new website I found.

I discovered it a few weeks ago, & now I can't stop buying books off it. It's gonna kill bookshops, it really is. I think it sells other stuff, too.

It's called Amazon. You really should try it.

Just 2 little problems.

1) Be careful never to click the sneaky little "Prime" links. They are everywhere, & apparently, one you get in, you are locked in for life. Prime is a TV Channel starring Jeremy Clarkson.  

2) Every order is followed by 117 e-Mails.

Dear Mr Kendall, we see you perused THIS. Why not also peruse THAT?

Dear Mr Kendall, people who purchased that also purchased this
. (Why would I give a monkey's what other folks buy?).

Dear Mr Kendall, we can see you are placing an order.

Dear Mr Kendall, you have placed an order.

Dear Mr Kendall, we are getting ready to despatch it.

Dear Mr Kendall, we have despatched it.

Dear Mr Kendall, it's on the way.

Dear Mr Kendall, it's nearly there.

Dear Mr Kendall, it's there.

Dear Mr Kendall, you have collected it
. . (Thanks for letting me know).
And so on.

I have the books delivered to the local Post office. Too dangerous having it posted home, as if I'm out or in bed when it's delivered, they leave it with a neighbour, & I try to avoid ever talking, meeting or eye-balling neighbours.

Anyway, remember the name, one day it'll be huge & the bloke who thought of it will be well rich.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:31:08 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #51302 on: February 28, 2018, 11:36:04 AM »

You love a good business story Mr Kendall, during your brief google of Kylie did you notice what her little makeup business is worth?

She only made $386m in 2017 and is expected to surpass a $1bn in 2022

http://time.com/money/4895185/kylie-jenner-net-worth-kylie-cosmetics-lip-kits/

Like yourself she has changed her look a bit over the years....  Wink

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51303 on: February 28, 2018, 11:39:49 AM »

You love a good business story Mr Kendall, during your brief google of Kylie did you notice what her little makeup business is worth?

Well yes, I did see she seems to be making a few bob.

How so? Is she pretty, clever, or just pretty clever?

Good luck to her. I'm not sure how I've never heard of these peeps, or why I would ever want to, but if they are earning a living, good luck to them. Even Ant & Dec earn a living, though I'm not entirely sure how that works, it's like watching one of those old BBC Test Cards. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51304 on: February 28, 2018, 11:41:14 AM »

Another great back in the day photo.

Anyone remember Tizer?

It was the 1950 version of Red Bull. Well wicked.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #51305 on: February 28, 2018, 11:51:49 AM »

Tizer use to remind me of Lucozade
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #51306 on: February 28, 2018, 11:55:28 AM »

A glass of Red Barrell with a Capstan full strength pure bliss
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51307 on: February 28, 2018, 11:57:20 AM »

Tizer use to remind me of Lucozade

As kids, whenever we were ill, we were given a bottle of Lucozade, as it "replaced lost energy". (It was simply sugar added to water, I think).

Best thing about it was that the bottle was wrapped in a weirdly lovely orange sort of cling film, which was the best fun ever to peel off.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #51308 on: February 28, 2018, 12:18:27 PM »

Loved it when we were ill enough to require Lucozade, fizzy drinks were such a treat.

Not so thrilled when this was administered. Not such much 'kills pain' as replace a mild pain with the sensation of burning flesh.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51309 on: February 28, 2018, 12:27:49 PM »

Loved it when we were ill enough to require Lucozade, fizzy drinks were such a treat.

Not so thrilled when this was administered. Not such much 'kills pain' as replace a mild pain with the sensation of burning flesh.

Surely it was not as bad as Kaolin Poultice, which was a sort of plasticine which was placed in a kettle until it was boiling, then applied to any boils & pimples we had?

Or Liquid Paraffin? Jeez, Liquid Paraffin, what a thing that was.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #51310 on: February 28, 2018, 12:34:58 PM »

Well yes, I did see she seems to be making a few bob.

Good luck to her. I'm not sure how I've never heard of these peeps, or why I would ever want to, but if they are earning a living, good luck to them. Even Ant & Dec earn a living, though I'm not entirely sure how that works, it's like watching one of those old BBC Test Cards. 

I doubt she is clever, bless her.

She is only famous because of the family and the reality series.
She probably comes across better than the rest of them on it.
That has given her that huge social media presence and following.
Her mother, Kris Jenner, manages them all, she probably sorts a deal with a make up company to start a joint venture.
Kylie has an 'advisory' role but no real involvement in the day to day running.

They all get super minted and make their nut!

Have you heard about Rob Kardashian and his sock business?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51311 on: February 28, 2018, 12:43:28 PM »

^^^^^^

Blimey, socks, whatever next?

My only knowledge of the Kardashan family was that one of them - their Dad, I'm guessing? - was part of the O J Simpson legal team when O J somehow got off that double murder rap.

I have it in my mind that he died recently, cancer or some such, but I don't know for sure.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #51312 on: February 28, 2018, 12:49:40 PM »

Well yes, I did see she seems to be making a New boOb.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #51313 on: February 28, 2018, 08:27:15 PM »

Hey Tony

Do you ever watch Talonchick's twitch channel?  I didn't rate her much before I saw it, but she has game.  I have definitely warmed to her.  Her kids show up every so often and I think she is a natural for it. 

Most of her content is O8, though you'll have to put up with NLO8 too.   Monday night is the big PLO8 tourney on stars, so that is your best bet.  She usually late regs at 9 or so uk.   If she isn't there, you often get Lex instead and he definitely has game.

I think you'll enjoy it.  The final table song is bloody awful though, and you have to be ready to switch off some of the songs in the break! Don't let it put you off, would recommend.

No.

In fact, I'll be honest, I don't ever recall watching anyone's Twitch stream.

I will give that a go next Monday though. Where would I find it? I've got a full Sky Subscription, so I've got all the channels.

"final table song".

Wait. It has music?

FFS.

Clever linking to the word "row" though David, wp, wp.

https://www.twitch.tv/talonchick

I tend to just have it on in the corner if I am playing, unless I am out of space on the screen.   She has a song that she puts on when she reaches the final table.  It isn't up there with Flo and Joan and root canal work, but still pretty annoying.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51314 on: February 28, 2018, 08:29:42 PM »

The embedded weather-app on my PC is currently telling me that the temperature outside is -6c/feels like -18c.

I cannot ever remember it being this cold in Nottingham - or for that matter in Toronto where I lived for 5/6 years during what seems like another incarnation.

Just in case people are not aware - touching metal with a bare finger/hand could cause severe burns in this climate.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 3417 3418 3419 3420 [3421] 3422 3423 3424 3425 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: