blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3424 3425 3426 3427 [3428] 3429 3430 3431 3432 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6319932 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51405 on: March 20, 2018, 01:32:29 PM »

For now, what about this for a ghastly tragedy?;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-43468076

Remarkable, too, that within hours of his 2 year old Daughter being effectively abducted & killed, the Dad was posting tributes to her on Facebook, though curious to see, not a word of admonishment for whoever did it. Facebook seems to be very much the centre of people's lives these days, but it stunned me that anyone would be on there so soon after such a dreadful situation.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #51406 on: March 20, 2018, 01:43:46 PM »

Call me cynical, but the word smokescreen comes to mind.

I'd like to be wrong, of course.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51407 on: March 20, 2018, 02:13:28 PM »

Call me cynical, but the word smokescreen comes to mind.

I'd like to be wrong, of course.

It's now being widely reported (though not yet on BBC), that "the Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with the tragedy".  

I'm starting to think, after viewing photos of the scene, that the car was parked on or near a slipway into the river, which was nearby, & the car rolled away.

What an awful thing, it must have happened so quickly.  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:19:14 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51408 on: March 20, 2018, 08:18:36 PM »

A twist to this tragedy - it was the Mother who parked the car on the slipway then popped into the office, but the car, with the daughter inside, rolled down the slipway and into the river.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51409 on: March 29, 2018, 09:12:34 PM »

A few more exquisite bird photos here although I prefer not to take any credit for them:

http://carlbovisnaturephotography.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/brambling-pink-footed-goose-chiffchaff.html

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #51410 on: March 29, 2018, 09:46:46 PM »

Scheds all out now, so get that staking package whacked up, Tony!

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #51411 on: March 29, 2018, 10:14:13 PM »

several weeks of dithering before final package presented methinks

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51412 on: April 06, 2018, 09:37:54 AM »

Morning Pops,

You got any idea what % of SkyPoker users are playing on a phone/tablet compared to regular computers? I'm doing a feature on it soon and I figured Sky would have an interesting perspective given how browser based you folks are.

Hope all is well next door and beyond
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51413 on: April 08, 2018, 09:57:50 AM »

thought you might like this

One of the most beautiful trains ever made, the ‘Mercury’ streamliner, designed in Art Deco-style by Henry Dreyfuss for the New York Central Railroad. Here's one captured in Chicago in 1936 (colorization by Patty Allison)

https://www.american-rails.com/mercury.html#gallery[pageGallery]/1/ …

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51414 on: April 08, 2018, 10:06:55 AM »

wow  thats one fine looking chuff chuff

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51415 on: April 08, 2018, 10:13:33 AM »

It reminds me of a slow worm.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #51416 on: April 11, 2018, 11:01:04 AM »

Appealing to the memories of Blondeites here - I'm sure I remember a blonde post/article about the best table games & betting strategies to maximise free drink potential in Vegas. My Sister-inlaw is going for her 40th and isn't much of a gambler, but I can imagine her crew being all about the drinks..

Anyone remember the article/able to find it?

Also any advice for a non-gambler Vegas noob much appreciated.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51417 on: April 11, 2018, 11:10:24 AM »

Appealing to the memories of Blondeites here - I'm sure I remember a blonde post/article about the best table games & betting strategies to maximise free drink potential in Vegas. My Sister-inlaw is going for her 40th and isn't much of a gambler, but I can imagine her crew being all about the drinks..

Pretty sure Marky147 would know the ins & outs of this one, loves a freebie, him.

If I had to pick 2 against the field, I'd add Simon Galloway to the list, too.

I have no recollection of the article though, sorry.

PS - now you've teased me out of my Diary sabbatical, I guess I'd best try & catch up on replies. BRB.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51418 on: April 11, 2018, 11:29:13 AM »

I'm on a huge diet kick right now, lost over 2 stone since Xmas.

Unforch, other people's diets are like other people's holiday snaps, nobody gives a toss.

The aged troll nirvana - way too posh to have any street-cred - described it beautifully yesterday;

Easier than I thought but sound like a neurotic calorie counter whenever food is around in company which is a bit mono-conversational and boring - haven't managed to stop doing it yet.

Which describes it perfectly.

So I'll not bore you further with it, except to say I loathe the thought of "good" food & long walks, but the feeling after returning from a long walk 3 times a day is just great, as is putting on clothes which now fit comfortably. I even wear a pair of trackie bottoms which fall down constantly. And every time they fall down I feel bloody great about it.

Instead, I'll tell you about my new image, for when the diet ends.

And I confess, I've got a huge man crush on the chap below, who goes by the name of Nick Kent.

So this will be my new look.

Can you imagine anything more cool? Jeez, I can't wait to look like this. 

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51419 on: April 11, 2018, 11:31:18 AM »

My Uncle Eric moved to Vegas when he retired c1990 and he loved a drink - he was also pretty parsimonious and had all of the bargains for eating and drinking(happy hours, 2for1 buffets etc) for each day of the week around the city listed.

He used to play nickel(5 cents) slot machines and I think he got one mixed drink(cocktail) per 30/40 minutes of play but that was as a known reg - touristy types might well do better

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 3424 3425 3426 3427 [3428] 3429 3430 3431 3432 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: