blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:29:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3577 3578 3579 3580 [3581] 3582 3583 3584 3585 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296659 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53700 on: May 31, 2019, 04:44:06 PM »

Holla! Any room for buying a £100 piece for another mug willing to part with his money :-)

I'm prepared to sell my shares at 1.8.

Cheesy

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #53701 on: June 02, 2019, 12:07:58 AM »

On itv news tonight 4 more climbers are missing not on Everest but India’s 2 nd highest mountain nanda Devi 23 ,rd in the list of the big daddy mountains ,but supposedly trying an unclimbed route to the summit - for unclimbed read difficult !
It was first climbed in 1930 by shipton  and Tillman intrepid early 20 th century explorers
Climbing gear was technically very poor all them years ago - think hemp rope and very heavy thick tweed type clothing, not like today’s lightweight equipment.clothing that when wet became like carrying another man on your back !
But they were tough guys then going into unmapped areas with ltd food and meagre rations self deprivation was the norm !
Access to this mountain being the most difficult part via a narrow gorge/ pass ,so I’m guessing snow avalanche and rockfall the biggest dangers and access only at certain times of the year .like now pre monsoon ! ?
But these climbers were up on the mountain according to ones Facebook stream
Still it’s sad that these people are prepared to give so much and often have to !
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #53702 on: June 02, 2019, 12:09:44 AM »

Nowadays you can just google earth it and see it in all its glory !
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #53703 on: June 02, 2019, 08:35:21 AM »

1% please Tikay if any left.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53704 on: June 02, 2019, 01:48:38 PM »

On itv news tonight 4 more climbers are missing not on Everest but India’s 2 nd highest mountain nanda Devi 23 ,rd in the list of the big daddy mountains ,but supposedly trying an unclimbed route to the summit - for unclimbed read difficult !
It was first climbed in 1930 by shipton  and Tillman intrepid early 20 th century explorers
Climbing gear was technically very poor all them years ago - think hemp rope and very heavy thick tweed type clothing, not like today’s lightweight equipment.clothing that when wet became like carrying another man on your back !
But they were tough guys then going into unmapped areas with ltd food and meagre rations self deprivation was the norm !
Access to this mountain being the most difficult part via a narrow gorge/ pass ,so I’m guessing snow avalanche and rockfall the biggest dangers and access only at certain times of the year .like now pre monsoon ! ?
Still it’s sad that these people are prepared to give so much and often have to !

Never had you down as one who'd be into all this mountain climbing, Tony.

Seems madness, but I'm a lump that likes being plotted up in an office Cheesy

Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #53705 on: June 02, 2019, 08:28:58 PM »

£69 sent TK, gl
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #53706 on: June 02, 2019, 09:15:43 PM »

It’s rare that it makes the news mate !

Think about this bizarre fact too
7/10 of the people who go there contract some kind of stomach bug / get the shits
The trail to base camp is known as the toilet paper trail !
There is almost nowhere to take a dump except next to the trail
All them visitors
All that poo 💩 !,
Quite revolting really
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53707 on: June 02, 2019, 09:44:03 PM »

7/10 of the people who go there contract some kind of stomach bug / get the shits
All them visitors
All that poo 💩 !,
Quite revolting really

I'll leave you to think about that...While I think about Lemongrass or Five-50 for dinner Cheesy

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #53708 on: June 03, 2019, 09:51:44 AM »

£69 sent over.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53709 on: June 03, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »

All them visitors
All that poo 💩 !,
Quite revolting really

I bet a turd lasts quite a while at 25000ft.

By the same token, I bet they don't stay squishy for long.

Is Mount Everest getting higher?

The older I get, the better I was.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #53710 on: June 03, 2019, 10:17:37 PM »

That’s just killed off the last .1% of me that had ambition to climb Everest. Imagine working your gonads off, and doing a load of money raising to find the c.£100k to do the trek, and when you get there you find the trail is marked out by walls of excrement. Like Red says, hopefully being frozen means they don’t actually smell much, but what a disappointment that must be.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53711 on: June 04, 2019, 09:52:31 AM »

Did you see this Tony?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48506032

I don't know if there is a lesson here about relying on past performance, or about the effects of Brexit.  I think Neil Woodford was top quartile for very many years in a row not that long ago. How much of that was due to his stock picking skills or the outperformance of the sectors he chose in the wake of the dot com bubble and subsequent crash is up for debate  Looking back there have clearly been some huge tech successes, but back then so many of those tech stocks were so bad. 

My pension has been suffering a bit, as I tend to favour income stocks too; sigh Kier Group.  Those who believe Brexit is a great thing should be making a killing here by buying all these "cheap" UK facing stocks.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53712 on: June 04, 2019, 10:22:39 AM »

You can watch the latest episode of Jeopardy on youtube until Friday

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53713 on: June 04, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »

Been a little waylaid one way & another, so apologies for not updating the Stakers situation, new additions to the Team, who has paid etc, but I'll do so before c-o-b tonight, & try to catch up on other stuff too. Do please keep it coming, one day I will catch up. .

In the meantime, saw this on Twitter & it amused me more than perhaps it should.

I hope they realize she can move in any direction.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #53714 on: June 04, 2019, 03:21:47 PM »

That’s just killed off the last .1% of me that had ambition to climb Everest. Imagine working your gonads off, and doing a load of money raising to find the c.£100k to do the trek, and when you get there you find the trail is marked out by walls of excrement. Like Red says, hopefully being frozen means they don’t actually smell much, but what a disappointment that must be.

This is how one website explains it !
https://www.themountaincompany.co.uk/nepal/faqs/toilet-trek-nepal/
Sadly you’re not always near a lodge !
So what / where does it go then ?
£10 k would more than cover it I would have thought not 100 k ! Or was that a typo ?
It’s £8600 per person to get a summit permit
To go to base camp would be a lot less !
You could always fly in ?
There’s a small airfield quite high up
Some do that and without acclimatising have to go straight on bottled oxygen and even go back down  !
Such are the potential debilitating affects of altitude!
Pages: 1 ... 3577 3578 3579 3580 [3581] 3582 3583 3584 3585 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: