blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3598 3599 3600 3601 [3602] 3603 3604 3605 3606 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332304 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54015 on: June 15, 2019, 03:09:48 PM »

Yeah, first couple times I went there it was really good.

Was awful last time I ate there, though.

Panda Express FTW!

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #54016 on: June 15, 2019, 03:35:12 PM »

Gill I Love You maybe ?
Teeks is softening in his old age
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54017 on: June 15, 2019, 04:07:35 PM »

Gill I Love You maybe ?
Teeks is softening in his old age

Winner!!!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #54018 on: June 15, 2019, 04:20:21 PM »

Think I'm at your table in Venetian. Right by the Black Tap bar.

Confirmed ridonkulous.

Unlucky Simon.

With the noise from the bar clashing with the Sports Book commentaries plus general hooting & hollering, it's all a little loud in that area.

Bring back the Aircraft Hanger.

PS - good luck today.

Thanks, Tikay. Did not go well today. Next case.

Or went well, all things considered.

Might swap out my Venetian comp if it's like Encore Beach Club, but without the views.

It's a nice place to play...provided you aren't in that group of a dozen tables.

Also get a $10 food and drink voucher, if the comp is $400 or more, as well as the tea, coffee and soft drink machines you find in Grosvenors back home.

I've only got one comp there, so would have to run bad to be plotted up in the carnage.

$10 should get me a donut there Smiley

Chompy loves these spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54019 on: June 15, 2019, 06:14:21 PM »

^^^^

If I had an iota of sense that's exactly what I would do. She's THE most kind-hearted caring person I've ever met, never speaks ill of others, loves animals, & daft as a brush. 

Gill sounds like a female version of me..........

Bit of a stretch that, Adzy, but whilst I have your ear.....

Are you on Aaron Wise for the US Open?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #54020 on: June 15, 2019, 06:21:21 PM »

^^^^

If I had an iota of sense that's exactly what I would do. She's THE most kind-hearted caring person I've ever met, never speaks ill of others, loves animals, & daft as a brush. 

Gill sounds like a female version of me..........

Bit of a stretch that, Adzy, but whilst I have your ear.....

Are you on Aaron Wise for the US Open?

Na tipped by Post and Oddschecker ........

Short and straight apparently, the order of the day.

Xander, furyk, Webb.

I hope they are right....
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #54021 on: June 15, 2019, 06:26:17 PM »

Hope you have got your earplugs ready for Venetian

You moaned about the garage last year and ffs your moaning again this year, at least your there
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54022 on: June 15, 2019, 06:29:17 PM »

Could easily see the Raptors players close up soon. Would not be surprised if they stopped by on their way home tonight.

Great read Mr Tal, you were spot on. They all turned up at XS at Encore last night, & were at Wynn too. Strangely, we were at Encore last night, but can't say we noticed them, or know what XS is. Sounds like a spreadsheet to me.

Can't say I'd recognize many NBA players in the flesh except Le Bron, Kawhi Leonard, Stephen Curry & Kevin Durant, & I'm pretty sure Durant would not have been dancing last night after his little bit of trouble in Game 6.

https://www.narcity.com/sports/ca/on/toronto/raptors-vegas-trip-with-drake-after-championship-win-looked-absolutely-wild-videos

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54023 on: June 15, 2019, 06:33:16 PM »

Hope you have got your earplugs ready for Venetian

You moaned about the garage last year and ffs your moaning again this year, at least your there

Yup, I'm almost like a proper poker player now.....

All set for this afternoon, yes. Starts at the rather odd time of 4.10pm Local (00.10 UK), so you'll all be sound asleep.

It's $600 Big O today, a format I really enjoy. 15,000 chips & 40 minute levels. 8 max presumably, which always makes for a more comfortable playing experience. I've been playing some $2 - $5 Big O cash at Rio to get my eye in, so I'm all set.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 06:38:02 PM by tikay » Logged

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #54024 on: June 15, 2019, 06:58:39 PM »

Good luck Tony

Just caught up with all the updates great to see the way you talk about Gill both very lucky
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54025 on: June 15, 2019, 07:06:22 PM »

I wish you the very best of British for tonight's excercise in arse-ripping for which I feel confident you will be suitably attired.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54026 on: June 15, 2019, 07:32:37 PM »

Tourist stuff yesterday, blisteringly hot in Vegas, 111f, so an early morning trip up to Mt Charlston, just half an hour in the car, where it's refreshingly cool & the scenery is dramatic. And yes, that's snow on the top of Mt Charlston. Amazing, when you think it's barely 15 miles from the Strip.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54027 on: June 15, 2019, 07:34:07 PM »

Breakfast al fresco, up in the mountains. Wholesome, healthy American food never tasted better. Not entirely sure why the sausages arrived quarantined on a separate plate.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 07:58:06 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54028 on: June 15, 2019, 07:36:14 PM »

We met a lovely couple from Manhattan & they kindly took a photo for us.

Before we even spoke, they said "you must be from England, right?". No idea how they knew.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54029 on: June 15, 2019, 07:39:26 PM »

Then, in the evening, I had decided to surprise Gill with some nice Theatre tickets.

Quite a dilemma, my decision rested between 2 artistes who were both appearing at Wynn, Diana Ross & Sir Robbie Williams. Robbie would have been the clear choice for me, obv, & I think Gill would have liked that, (both from Stoke etc), but in the end I did the decent thing, not without a deal of heart-searching. 

Pages: 1 ... 3598 3599 3600 3601 [3602] 3603 3604 3605 3606 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: