blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3622 3623 3624 3625 [3626] 3627 3628 3629 3630 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296347 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54375 on: June 25, 2019, 09:16:44 PM »

Before the WSOP affair at 3pm, Gill goes home today, so I'm taking her to the airport at 11am local.

That's always a bit emosh, I dislike it intensely, & in a way, the sooner it is done the better. On the plus side, I've shaved my little beard off today. I intensely dislike being unshaven, but Gill likes it for some weird reason.

We've had the most wonderful 12 days though.

Quite how she puts up with my long silences & monosyllable grunts & replies I've no idea. I'm used to living alone, I can & do often go days or even weeks without ever saying a word or talking to a soul, & that's how I like it. I don't answer the door if anyone knocks, don't reply to inbound phone calls or talk to neighbours, even though they are perfectly lovely. Equally, I cant wait to see her, even though she talks more than Mrs Red, & we have a lovely time together.

Given the chance though, I'll be the most talkative at the table today.

All very odd, this human nature thing.  

What a post this is. Good luck today!

Thanks Kuku. Why "what a post"? Or if it's just because I'm a little weird, no need to reply.

I do hope you are well.

My confidence has taken a knock the last few weeks, naturally, so I've been trying to rev myself up this morning by looking up my previous USA & WSOP cashes on my THM to try & give my confidence & self-belief a boost. 27 of them in 8 years, including about 5 WSOP cashes. So I can play, or at least, used to be able to.

Anyway, it is what it is, I'm really excited, looking forward to it immensely, & I'll be doing my best. That'll have to do.

Just about impossible that you're over the hill in PLO8, tikay. Firstly, you are the median age of the field. Secondly, you play it every night online (online being where the young whippersnapper whizzkids like doobs play).

Mistress Variance is a fickle sort sometimes. She's made her point but she'll come round. She always does.

When you look at the cash game in Orleans and feel outgunned, let us know. Until then, find your version of the mexican wrestling mask (probably lime green socks that crawl two thirds of the journey up to your knees) and start bodyslamming scoops.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #54376 on: June 25, 2019, 09:50:05 PM »

if you bust  i reckon just fire again, no dithering or fucking about

i reckon everybody who has put up a few quid , has done so with the hope of you ripping the living daylights out of all and sundry

is superman around this year?

Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #54377 on: June 25, 2019, 10:55:41 PM »

If it helps you put this run into perspective, you are 0 from 199 next door. Hope that helps.

Seriously though, forget the reporting if you need to focus on the game. No one reads it anyway....they just scroll through all the waffle to the pay outs. Wink Most of all, make sure you enjoy it. 

Life has no rebuy options
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54378 on: June 25, 2019, 11:15:12 PM »

All set.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54379 on: June 25, 2019, 11:17:54 PM »

Some sort of delay here due to excess queues (for the $600) which has caused a degree of grumpiness.

Just starting, 3.17pm.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54380 on: June 25, 2019, 11:18:33 PM »

We appear to be playing 8 handed, though that may just be temporary.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #54381 on: June 25, 2019, 11:23:00 PM »

All set.

Toni with an i, bloody Americans. Hope to witness some arse ripping and binkage in the morning. GL and run better please.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54382 on: June 25, 2019, 11:23:50 PM »

For Chompy, a sighting of Lief on adjacent table. Unmistakeable with his skew-whiff backwards baseball cap and straggly locks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:34:42 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54383 on: June 25, 2019, 11:27:07 PM »

For Woodsey, Miss Hoang seated to my immediate right.

She got into a raising war first hand with seat 4.

Board came J-2-2-5-4.

Both showed A-A-3-10.

WAL.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:31:57 PM by tikay » Logged

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #54384 on: June 25, 2019, 11:35:27 PM »

Before the WSOP affair at 3pm, Gill goes home today, so I'm taking her to the airport at 11am local.

That's always a bit emosh, I dislike it intensely, & in a way, the sooner it is done the better. On the plus side, I've shaved my little beard off today. I intensely dislike being unshaven, but Gill likes it for some weird reason.

We've had the most wonderful 12 days though.

Quite how she puts up with my long silences & monosyllable grunts & replies I've no idea. I'm used to living alone, I can & do often go days or even weeks without ever saying a word or talking to a soul, & that's how I like it. I don't answer the door if anyone knocks, don't reply to inbound phone calls or talk to neighbours, even though they are perfectly lovely. Equally, I cant wait to see her, even though she talks more than Mrs Red, & we have a lovely time together.

Given the chance though, I'll be the most talkative at the table today.

All very odd, this human nature thing.  

What a post this is. Good luck today!

Thanks Kuku. Why "what a post"? Or if it's just because I'm a little weird, no need to reply.

I do hope you are well.

My confidence has taken a knock the last few weeks, naturally, so I've been trying to rev myself up this morning by looking up my previous USA & WSOP cashes on my THM to try & give my confidence & self-belief a boost. 27 of them in 8 years, including about 5 WSOP cashes. So I can play, or at least, used to be able to.

Anyway, it is what it is, I'm really excited, looking forward to it immensely, & I'll be doing my best. That'll have to do.

It’s the “little weird” that’s a big part of what makes you such an awesome guy. Same with the rest of us I hope, we’re just not as good at it yet, not so much practice:-) Good luck in this one!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54385 on: June 26, 2019, 12:11:59 AM »

We raise to 300 (@ 100-100) with.....

Two callers.

Flop......

Ha.

Bet. Both call. Am guessing one was on the low, the other had the case ace.

Turn......

WTF?

Bet again, both call.

River......

That's as ugly a card as I could possibly see. Any non pairing low makes it a chop, every other high card is good.

I decide to make it 2,500 and hope they were both on the low. Low draw man folds, other fella makes it 10,000........

I dwell for an absolute age, before eventually folding. Convinced myself he had something like A-K-2-3, which would make perfect sense. He'd be pulling for the nut low with every chance his A-K might be enough for the high, which got there on the end.

Maybe my river bet was a mistake?

He kindly shows two cards - A-K - then comes out with the rub of the week - "I got lucky there".

"You've no idea how lucky you got mate" I think to myself......

Weird hand.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:14:42 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54386 on: June 26, 2019, 12:21:20 AM »

My BB (100-100) fella makes it 200, 4 callers and I throw in the 100 with Q-6-4-4.

Flop......

4-K-K.

I make it 700, hoping to get rid of anyone with a weak King. Under boats can be a nightmare in 08.

Fella calls.

Turn Q

Bet again.

He now pots it.......

He can be bluffing here, or have me stone dead. K-4 is possible, but if he has any King I'm purely guessing on high turns and rivers.

On balance I think I have to fold. Late in the tourney we have to do or die with it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54387 on: June 26, 2019, 12:25:56 AM »

Down to 19,000 within 30 minutes and unusually omni-grumpy, I manage to win 3 on the bounce, including a nice airball in a 5 way pot on the Q-Q-8 flop after nobody showed any interest.

22,600 now after just over an hour.

Disappointing start, but could have been worse. Or better.

100-200 now.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:28:22 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54388 on: June 26, 2019, 01:12:55 AM »

After that horror start we are back to starting after two standard spots go as planned.

Feels better, though 30,000 would feeler betterer.

First break is 5 minutes hence.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54389 on: June 26, 2019, 01:54:26 AM »

As level 3 starts, Leif Force is off to get bullet #2.

Meanwhile, Miss Hoang has just ordered Chardonnay and Champagne.

Pages: 1 ... 3622 3623 3624 3625 [3626] 3627 3628 3629 3630 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: