blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:59:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3621 3622 3623 3624 [3625] 3626 3627 3628 3629 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296365 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54360 on: June 25, 2019, 05:42:47 PM »

All set.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54361 on: June 25, 2019, 05:45:31 PM »

The plo8 has a pretty long structure today.  Starts with 25k with 100/100 blinds then two levels of 100/200.   Suspect they coild lose a couple of levels at the start and be done by midnight.   Could be a long grind.  It looks like you can rebuy too, which screws up any chance of making the early start for the mixed O8 at the Nugget.  Suspect lack of sleep will get me if I attempt both (4am wake up today!)

Strangely the mixed O8 with the same buyin stats with 10k chips.  Better you'd think?  But they have 2 pot limit levels of 100/100 and 4 of 100/200.  So the limit levels are better?  Nope, includes 2 levels of 200/300.  Guessing by the end of the 2nd hour of 200/300 you'll have worked out what you can bet at least...

Please bring back 4500 starting chips and normal levels.

Very sad to see rebuys are now permitted. Changes the way the game plays completely, and certainly favours the Pros & those with deep pockets.  

Anyway, it is what it is, a bit of luck & run-good & anything can happen.  

Good luck today David, & also to pompeynic, aka Nick, from Next door who is making his WSOP debut.

When did you find out that it's now a rebuy tourney?

Rebuys tend to play very fast and furious at the WSOP with loads of players having huge wads of cash on the table and going allin every hand iirc.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54362 on: June 25, 2019, 05:46:23 PM »

The dreaded Seat 7 again.

Starts at 3pm local (11pm UK) & plays 10 x 1 hour levels with a 15 minute break every 2 levels. Late Reg is open for 8 levels, which will be around Midnight.

One re-entry is permitted.

Here's the full structure sheet for nerds.

http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/structuresheets/structure_1622_17448.pdf

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54363 on: June 25, 2019, 05:48:54 PM »

The plo8 has a pretty long structure today.  Starts with 25k with 100/100 blinds then two levels of 100/200.   Suspect they coild lose a couple of levels at the start and be done by midnight.   Could be a long grind.  It looks like you can rebuy too, which screws up any chance of making the early start for the mixed O8 at the Nugget.  Suspect lack of sleep will get me if I attempt both (4am wake up today!)

Strangely the mixed O8 with the same buyin stats with 10k chips.  Better you'd think?  But they have 2 pot limit levels of 100/100 and 4 of 100/200.  So the limit levels are better?  Nope, includes 2 levels of 200/300.  Guessing by the end of the 2nd hour of 200/300 you'll have worked out what you can bet at least...

Very sad to see rebuys are now permitted. Changes the way the game plays completely, and certainly favours the Pros & those with deep pockets.  

Good luck today David, & also to pompeynic, aka Nick, from Next door who is making his WSOP debut.

Rebuys tend to play very fast and furious at the WSOP with loads of players having huge wads of cash on the table and going allin every hand iirc.

Not until Doobs mentioned it a few posts ago. Guess it was always so, I just never noticed. Actually, single re-entry rather than an unlimited rebuy, but still sad to see.

And yes, you are right, imo, many players will punt the first stack & apply pressure, knowing they have the luxury of bullet # 2.

Being Pot Limit helps to a degree of course, it must be much worse in NL.  

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:00:14 PM by tikay » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54364 on: June 25, 2019, 06:00:45 PM »

Not until Doobs mentioned it a few posts ago. Actually, single re-entry rather than an unlimited rebuy, but still sad to see.

And yes, you are right, imo, many players will punt the first stack & apply pressure, knowing they have the luxury of bullet # 2.

250bbs though.   You'd struggle to punt that off, he is clearly talking about games from a different time.  Stop flapping Teaks, it will be a small ball grind unless you are very unlucky with tables.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54365 on: June 25, 2019, 06:07:33 PM »

Before the WSOP affair at 3pm, Gill goes home today, so I'm taking her to the airport at 11am local.

That's always a bit emosh, I dislike it intensely, & in a way, the sooner it is done the better. On the plus side, I've shaved my little beard off today. I intensely dislike being unshaven, but Gill likes it for some weird reason.

We've had the most wonderful 12 days though.

Quite how she puts up with my long silences & monosyllable grunts & replies I've no idea. I'm used to living alone, I can & do often go days or even weeks without ever saying a word or talking to a soul, & that's how I like it. I don't answer the door if anyone knocks, don't reply to inbound phone calls or talk to neighbours, even though they are perfectly lovely. Equally, I cant wait to see her, even though she talks more than Mrs Red, & we have a lovely time together.

Given the chance though, I'll be the most talkative at the table today.

All very odd, this human nature thing.  
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:12:09 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54366 on: June 25, 2019, 06:10:15 PM »

Not until Doobs mentioned it a few posts ago. Actually, single re-entry rather than an unlimited rebuy, but still sad to see.

250bbs though.   You'd struggle to punt that off, he is clearly talking about games from a different time.  Stop flapping Teaks, it will be a small ball grind unless you are very unlucky with tables.

When I have nothing to flap about, I have to find something.

I worry if I'm not worrying.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #54367 on: June 25, 2019, 06:33:30 PM »

I’m sure that Pads and many more will be along soon to tell us that re-entry is good for the game.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54368 on: June 25, 2019, 07:09:31 PM »

she talks more than Mrs Red

Call.

I'm a bit like you, I'm mostly monosyllabic (but not omni-grumpy) Mrs Red on the other hand could talk the leg off an iron pot. I wouldn't have it any other way though because despite my best efforts, I can't help finding what she says interesting or amusing, even if it's only because I sometimes can't believe what goes on in her head.

Example: I saw a camper van advertised on eBay today and I read the ad out loud.

Talbot camper. 1998.

No MOT. Inside requires total referb. Outside needs extensive welding. Vehicle has water ingress damage and rear doors need replacing.

Mrs Red interrupts, "Are the tyres OK?"

I mean, She's winding me up right?

Or is she..... 

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54369 on: June 25, 2019, 07:10:54 PM »

When I have nothing to flap about, I have to find something.

I worry if I'm not worrying.

You said rebuy - that's not a rebuy.

Single re-entry has now become the standard least bad scenario for live MTT's thanks to DTD and a few others who convinced almost everyone it was good for the game.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #54370 on: June 25, 2019, 08:39:58 PM »

Before the WSOP affair at 3pm, Gill goes home today, so I'm taking her to the airport at 11am local.

That's always a bit emosh, I dislike it intensely, & in a way, the sooner it is done the better. On the plus side, I've shaved my little beard off today. I intensely dislike being unshaven, but Gill likes it for some weird reason.

Quite how she puts up with my long silences & monosyllable grunts & replies I've no idea. I'm used to living alone, I can & do often go days or even weeks without ever saying a word or talking to a soul, & that's how I like it. I don't answer the door if anyone knocks, don't reply to inbound phone calls or talk to neighbours, even though they are perfectly lovely. Equally, I cant wait to see her, even though she talks more than Mrs Red, & we have a lovely time together.

What a post this is. Good luck today!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54371 on: June 25, 2019, 08:50:20 PM »

Thanks Kuku. Why "what a post"? Or if it's just because I'm a little weird, no need to reply.

I do hope you are well.

My confidence has taken a knock the last few weeks, naturally, so I've been trying to rev myself up this morning by looking up my previous USA & WSOP cashes on my THM to try & give my confidence & self-belief a boost. 27 of them in 8 years, including about 5 WSOP cashes. So I can play, or at least, used to be able to.

Anyway, it is what it is, I'm really excited, looking forward to it immensely, & I'll be doing my best. That'll have to do.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54372 on: June 25, 2019, 08:52:47 PM »

Won't mention names, but you know who you are.....

I've just heard that a special friend of mine from Next Door, fit as a fiddle when I last saw him quite recently, has had a couple of strokes & is in hospital, somewhat unwell.

GWS mate, & we'll have that game of golf when you do.

xx

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #54373 on: June 25, 2019, 09:04:10 PM »

Thanks Kuku. Why "what a post"? Or if it's just because I'm a little weird, no need to reply.

I do hope you are well.

My confidence has taken a knock the last few weeks, naturally, so I've been trying to rev myself up this morning by looking up my previous USA & WSOP cashes on my THM to try & give my confidence & self-belief a boost. 27 of them in 8 years, including about 5 WSOP cashes. So I can play, or at least, used to be able to.

Anyway, it is what it is, I'm really excited, looking forward to it immensely, & I'll be doing my best. That'll have to do.

It’s to do with deep psychological acceptance mate. The missus accepts who you are, you know it, so you’re comfortable with silence

Strangers at the table are a new audience so feel need to perform for acceptance

I say fuck their acceptance and wear a Mexican wrestling mask or bull fighter costume.

As soon as you fuck acceptance you find the key to ripping new ones.

Let’s gogogo!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54374 on: June 25, 2019, 09:10:32 PM »

Smash em

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 3621 3622 3623 3624 [3625] 3626 3627 3628 3629 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: