blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3675 3676 3677 3678 [3679] 3680 3681 3682 3683 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296125 times)
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #55170 on: July 02, 2020, 02:53:43 PM »

Morning All,

Like Tony I've become hermitised during the lockdown, and as I still work in the food industry the past 3 months has been manic trying to keep up with retailers demand, same %'s as poker.

Sue and the kids badly missed our Sunday night live game with upto 20 Vegas nuts in a local pub, but we quickly migrated to a Home Game on Stars, and the acidic chatroom banter on Discord.

Any of you guys railing this years WSOP?

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/updates/

Cheere

Dave & Sue

Morning Dave.

Ha, what a great word - hermitised.

I'm not into Discord, by & large I avoid all these SM platforms, as it all gets a bit too toxic for me. I'm on Twitter & I enjoy a lot of the bants on there but I almost never Tweet.

I'm not following the Online WSOP yet, no, but I guess I ought to. It's weird to think that in the USA you can only play it if you are in Nevada or New Jersey. 

I think I read that the Main Event - $5,000 - has 22 "Day 1" flights & everyone can re-enter up to 3 times. That's sure going to work out well for recreationals.

Hope you are both well, & xx to Sue as always.

I believe it is you can enter up to 3 days so $15k outlay max rather than re enter each day up to 3 times.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55171 on: July 02, 2020, 05:24:08 PM »

Like he never left  Cool

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55172 on: July 02, 2020, 05:38:28 PM »

His back!

The parody by whassisface, that guy I vaguely recognise...all well and good, but we demand the real thing.

Barbers?

I'm just penning 'The Luton Years' chapter of my book (not for publication). Top few memories from those days?

Though the group is new, Flutter is an older name in exchange terms.
Flutter.com did exchange gambling before Betfair bought them circa 20 years ago

Hard to believe Betfair has just turned 20. Love Devine's Oaks in 2000 was the day it all kicked off. The Racing Post are running a series on it over the coming days I believe. It's a shadow of its old self now though. Liquidity was a joke through Royal Ascot, especially IR.

Knew I should have put a photo of Leif in. He would have been in the second edition. No need now.

For anyone wondering, tikay would have cashed in event 5, so stakers would have got a virtual return.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55173 on: July 03, 2020, 09:27:55 PM »

His back!

The parody by whassisface, that guy I vaguely recognise...all well and good, but we demand the real thing.

Barbers?

I'm just penning 'The Luton Years' chapter of my book (not for publication). Top few memories from those days?

Though the group is new, Flutter is an older name in exchange terms.
Flutter.com did exchange gambling before Betfair bought them circa 20 years ago

Hard to believe Betfair has just turned 20. Love Devine's Oaks in 2000 was the day it all kicked off. The Racing Post are running a series on it over the coming days I believe. It's a shadow of its old self now though. Liquidity was a joke through Royal Ascot, especially IR.

Knew I should have put a photo of Leif in. He would have been in the second edition. No need now.

For anyone wondering, tikay would have cashed in event 5, so stakers would have got a virtual return.
I love a gd story but you can take fiction too far.

Cymru am byth
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55174 on: July 03, 2020, 10:30:28 PM »

Teeks returns - all is well with the world.

Morning Tone, welcome back.

On a scale of 1-10, how grumpy are you these days?

And on a scale of... well just on a scale really, how fat are you?

Basically dropped in to tip my hat at this joke.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55175 on: July 06, 2020, 09:11:04 AM »

Been pulled out with, you know, stuff, but will try to catch up with replies, PM's & a few posts once I've got my desk cleared today.

For now though, Barry Carter, aka Dave Shoelace, has a lovely old labrador, the apple of his eye, who is getting on a bit & is not at all well. Barry Tweeted.....

I am a rationalist atheist, I don’t believe in god, fate or karma.

I shall be suspending that skepticism for a week as my lovely mutt Charlie is having a major operation next Monday. All prayers, one times and run goods welcome.

He likes scrambled eggs, old shoes & belly rubs.

Here;

https://twitter.com/Barry_Carter/status/1280049071277957122

Good vibes sent to Charlie & Barry.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55176 on: July 06, 2020, 09:15:36 AM »

Good luck. Hope it all goes well

The older I get, the better I was.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55177 on: July 06, 2020, 09:23:00 AM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #55178 on: July 06, 2020, 12:27:23 PM »

I hope all goes well for Charlie xXx

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55179 on: July 06, 2020, 02:07:59 PM »

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55180 on: July 06, 2020, 04:18:45 PM »

All the best, Charlie!

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55181 on: July 07, 2020, 08:32:25 AM »

Thanks everyone, he has a condition called Laryngeal Paralysis which basically means his windpipe is a bit blocked and if untreated at some point he could suffocate. The surgery is actually routine, it's his age that makes it 'major'.

We had an episode a few months back where he almost suffocated which was awful and yesterday morning a similar one, which is why we got the surgery moved to sooner. Basically he is fine until he gets excited, so the next week before surgery is trying to keep him as calm and bored as possible.

The good news is if the surgery goes as planned he should have a new lease of life, although he is old so how long for we don't know.

He has been an amazing dog, really well behaved and has made us laugh every day. He really kept everyone together when my Dad died, especially my mother, so it's worth the risk and expense of surgery to try and give him a really good extra 1, 2, hopefully more, years.

Been pulled out with, you know, stuff, but will try to catch up with replies, PM's & a few posts once I've got my desk cleared today.

For now though, Barry Carter, aka Dave Shoelace, has a lovely old labrador, the apple of his eye, who is getting on a bit & is not at all well. Barry Tweeted.....

I am a rationalist atheist, I don’t believe in god, fate or karma.

I shall be suspending that skepticism for a week as my lovely mutt Charlie is having a major operation next Monday. All prayers, one times and run goods welcome.

He likes scrambled eggs, old shoes & belly rubs.

Here;

https://twitter.com/Barry_Carter/status/1280049071277957122

Good vibes sent to Charlie & Barry.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55182 on: July 07, 2020, 08:35:03 AM »

Here's Charlie, not enjoying himself. No idea who Henry is.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55183 on: July 07, 2020, 08:38:25 AM »

Here's Charlie, not enjoying himself. No idea who Henry is.

Actually the third generation family tortoise, turns out Henry is a girl but we only found out after about 40 years
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55184 on: July 07, 2020, 11:44:32 AM »

Hope it all goes well with Charlie!!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: 1 ... 3675 3676 3677 3678 [3679] 3680 3681 3682 3683 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: