blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3722 3723 3724 3725 [3726] 3727 3728 3729 3730 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6295974 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55875 on: December 25, 2021, 08:47:45 PM »

congrats Tony and Merry Christmas all.

And you David.

Home with the family? The girls had a lovely day?

Had to take over all the cooking and we have all argued over monopoly.  They are back on their phones, as am I, wouldn't swap it.  Much better than last year anyway.  My eldest is a giant now, 14 and catching me up rapidly. 

Thought you would be seeing out your days somewhere isolated near the west coast of Scotland.  Love it up there, but would likely be miserable if I ever did it.   

Will I be seeing you in Vegas in June?   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55876 on: December 25, 2021, 09:23:59 PM »

congrats Tony and Merry Christmas all.

And you David.

Home with the family? The girls had a lovely day?

Had to take over all the cooking and we have all argued over monopoly.  They are back on their phones, as am I, wouldn't swap it.  Much better than last year anyway.  My eldest is a giant now, 14 and catching me up rapidly. 

Thought you would be seeing out your days somewhere isolated near the west coast of Scotland.  Love it up there, but would likely be miserable if I ever did it.   

Will I be seeing you in Vegas in June?   

Well that's the plan...

The COVID uncertainty is such a pain. Been to Vegas every summer since around 2003, & Gill has been with me the last 7 or 8 times. We love it to bits. So swerving it in '20 & '21 was a bit of a bugger really.

Watch this space I suppose, but it seems a bit optimistic right now.

Fingers crossed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #55877 on: December 25, 2021, 10:58:32 PM »

If I'd known you were local again I'd have invited you over.

I barely made a dent in the rib of beef and had a couple of spare Yorkshires - we'd have been scrapping over the roasties though..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55878 on: December 25, 2021, 11:31:06 PM »

Blimey Ralph, you've still got it, that looks gorgeous.

Just had my dinner actually. Somewhere between disaster & triumph.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55879 on: December 25, 2021, 11:38:34 PM »

And now, the best part of Xmas Day - the Boxing Day Test, live from Melbourne. Start delayed until midnight by rain. BT Sport coverage is utterly dreadful, but it's better than nothing.

Bloody love Test cricket. Shame we are shite at the mo.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #55880 on: December 26, 2021, 01:05:45 AM »

Merry xmas TK
Great to read the updates about IRL stuff and to read you are doing well
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #55881 on: December 26, 2021, 10:40:37 AM »

Hackney Marshes, London, 1951. 88 football pitches all in the same place.
The Home of Sunday League football.

What memories Boo.

There was a similar but smaller version at Wormwood Scrubs, right next to the prison, in fact that is where the Prison got it's name.

Hope you & the family are in good health & heart. We gotta go play some poker soon, right?

Click to see full-size image.

Merry Xmas all, remember both these places as places for sunday morning football as well as a  helluva trek to Clapham common, The scrubs was the most convenient for me travelling from Colindale.

Kicked around these places when I first moved to London in 1979, was a relief to then start playing at clubs with their own pitches a couple of years later

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #55882 on: December 26, 2021, 10:46:47 AM »

And now, the best part of Xmas Day - the Boxing Day Test, live from Melbourne. Start delayed until midnight by rain. BT Sport coverage is utterly dreadful, but it's better than nothing.

Bloody love Test cricket. Shame we are shite at the mo.

Haha, stayed up excitedly to watch this. Something I love about looking at sunny Australia from a dark night here. Didn't take long for the shine to wear off, as per !

sola virtus nobilitat
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #55883 on: December 26, 2021, 11:07:25 AM »

happy xmas tikay and all
Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #55884 on: December 26, 2021, 11:12:18 AM »

Hi Tony,

Great to see all the posts this morning after a full-on family Christmas Day, and moving back "up North" is a great move, less than
an hour to Leeds. The family has all been to DTD to play in a Friday night Bounty Hunter, and it was great for us all to get out together.

As you know we play Redtooth Poker on a Sunday, and the tournament director is 40 in April, and what started as 8 people going to celebrate, it
has ballooned to around 20 and counting. Being of mature years Sue and are going as the advanced party on the 1st of April, to scout out the best
15 bars for an all day Urban Ramble, we've a list of just over 30 to reconnoitre.

We are staying in the Venetian as Sue wants to play in a few of their tournaments.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55885 on: December 26, 2021, 04:42:16 PM »

Happy Xmas Tikay & all inhabitants itt 🍻

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #55886 on: December 31, 2021, 01:40:26 PM »

Given your move back up North sir, can I tempt you in pulling on the blonde shirt one last time and play an APAT with us in the forum event at DTD?
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #55887 on: December 31, 2021, 05:51:07 PM »

Natterly was on Radio 5 Live’s Monday Night football show. Clearly not her first appearance, since it was obvious that all the presenters and guests were giving her plenty of respect for her knowledge and views on Burnley FC. Well played, Natterly....

She's very accomplished at that sort of thing. Writes a football column for the local newspaper - Lancashire Telegraph or somesuch - & does the Official Burnley FC Podcast, "No, Nay Never".

Here she is, giving it large. Dodgy accent, mind.

She's just back from Vegas, where she cashed in the Little One Drop. Still keeps in touch of course.

You OK mate?

Hi Tony

Sorry for the late reply - only just caught up with the thread today (on a quiet day at T5 - but yes, there are still a lot of nutters traveling long haul on NYE)

My year has been a little like yours, in terms of moving home (I moved a little further south, to Windsor, and enjoying my new surroundings) and shedding a few kilos - down from 75 to 72kgs - as a result of a better diet and more exercise.

Unlike you, I am now finally divorced (hence the move), and feel like a very heavy weight has been removed.... hmmm, maybe that’s the source of the weight loss? I still pass some time with BA at LHR, but as every day passes I feel more tempted to pack it all in. Maybe it’s because I haven’t traveled anywhere for over 2 years now. I had planned a trip to Ireland for a festival in Galway next month, but I think that’s going to be toast. However, I am desperate enough to carry out my plan to go to Vegas in April - mainly because it’s a timeshare week, and I need to replenish my wardrobe (my waist has shrunk).

Oh, and I managed to come down with Covid symptoms on the day after my booster in November. Of course I thought it was just a bad reaction, but decided to get a RFT done, only then to discover the bad news. I got away with a very mild version of it, and even got back to eating within a week - I can’t eat when I can’t taste anything...

Jeez, this feels like a big derail of your thread, but there’s quite a few other Blondes who know me irl but who won’t be totally up to date on all this news, but I’ll close it off here.

Delighted to read all your updates with all the good news. Here’s hoping we can all get together safely in 2022
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55888 on: January 07, 2022, 05:31:16 PM »

https://www.nationalbadmintonmuseum.com/sir-george-thomas-a-legend-as-a-player-administrator-and-gentlemen/

Leonard Barden's chess column in today's Guardian refers in passing to Sir George. Thought you'd enjoy this rabbit hole.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55889 on: February 04, 2022, 12:47:30 PM »

Thought you might appreciate this, tikay.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/nostalgia/birminghams-new-street-station-more-22963398.amp

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 3722 3723 3724 3725 [3726] 3727 3728 3729 3730 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: