blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:32:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3743 3744 3745 3746 [3747] 3748 3749 3750 3751 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6295986 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56190 on: September 26, 2022, 05:48:28 PM »

You are the GOAT in every way Marky.

And if anyone is looking for a thoroughly entertaining Twitter feed to follow, he's your man. To read how he trolls the anti-vacc & COVID deniers is such a delight.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56191 on: September 26, 2022, 08:00:36 PM »

You are the GOAT in every way Marky.

And if anyone is looking for a thoroughly entertaining Twitter feed to follow, he's your man. To read how he trolls the anti-vacc & COVID deniers is such a delight.

I've been know to get the goat on occasion, though much less regularly in my old age.

I've tried not to get too involved on there, as I'm not much good once it gets too scientific, and work is too busy. I didn't realise you'd be seeing any of my droning on.

It helps that some of them are even dumber than I am, which although astonishing, is highly amusing  idiot

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56192 on: September 27, 2022, 08:46:17 AM »

Bloody Covid caught up with me eventually.
Not nice.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56193 on: September 27, 2022, 09:05:12 AM »

Bloody Covid caught up with me eventually.
Not nice.

Now, you've got COVID now?

It affects us all differently, but I don't ever want to go through it again.

GWS David, & please keep us informed when you feel up to it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56194 on: September 27, 2022, 02:08:48 PM »

Yeah, hope you're feeling better son, Bood!

I've had it a couples times now, and the first was the worst. Nothing terrible, other than achy/cold thankfully, but I couldn't smell/taste for 3 or 4 days.

I'd probably have gone off a bridge if I lost sense of taste for the rest of my life!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56195 on: September 27, 2022, 02:22:10 PM »

I've had it a couples times now, and the first was the worst. Nothing terrible, other than achy/cold thankfully, but I couldn't smell/taste for 3 or 4 days.

I'd probably have gone off a bridge if I lost sense of taste for the rest of my life!

All that after-shave & you could not smell it?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56196 on: September 27, 2022, 03:15:49 PM »

All that after-shave & you could not smell it?

That was how I realised!

I had a shower, and couldn't smell a thing when I sprayed up Cheesy

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56197 on: September 27, 2022, 05:10:20 PM »

I can confirm that Boo does smell but has no taste. I don't think Covid will change that.

Get well soon mate.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56198 on: September 27, 2022, 06:03:18 PM »

I can confirm that Boo does smell but has no taste. I don't think Covid will change that.

Get well soon mate.

Well played, sir 

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56199 on: September 27, 2022, 10:56:54 PM »

Chin up Boo - hope you're feeling better soon.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56200 on: September 28, 2022, 09:11:34 AM »

Come on Boo, update awaited.

Do you have NHS, hospitals & things out there in the wilds?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56201 on: September 29, 2022, 10:26:43 AM »

Cliffs.

Sunday

woke up feeling rough,sweating and shivering ,bad headache.
Mum says she didnt sleep well , short of breath when she laid down.
Popped chicken and roast potatoes in oven,prepped veggies , changed bed ,did 2 loads washing.

Dished up lunch, only ate couple mouthfuls.

Mum went to bed 8pm ish , veryshort of breath.
Rang ambulance, waited 5 hours, they took her off to hospital due to fluid on lungs

monday

mother waits another 5 hours outside A&E before going in

3pm recieve call from hospital,her health has deteriated rapidly and they are extremely worried, they ask me to confirm she is DNR,and advise that family go see her.
Obv i cant go but her sister and grandson and neice visit

by the time they arrive she is a lot healthier and out of immediate danger

tuesday

still feel really rough , not eating
at least father and niece who lives with us are covid free

wednesday

feeling bout 10 percent better
dadcomplains of aches and pains and goes to bed at 4pm

thursday

perhaps another 10 percent better today , dad seems to be feeling better ,spoke to mum ,quite cheerful ,had somebody come and wash her .hopes to sit in a chair today

dreamt of food all night

decided that my favourite meal was  roast beef , yorkies , roast potatoes , swede , sprouts, gravy
              2nd place  bacon and fried onion sandwiches

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56202 on: September 29, 2022, 10:38:31 AM »

Love a happy ending, well done Boo.

Beyond shocking that your Mum had to wait 2 x 5 hours though. Less talk more action from the politicians, that is just not acceptable in a modern civilised society.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56203 on: September 29, 2022, 10:42:42 AM »

Phew!

Glad things are going the right way but what a shambles the NHS is at the moment.

X

The older I get, the better I was.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56204 on: September 29, 2022, 11:28:46 AM »

They do their best. TBF We have never had to wait more than an hour when we have rung 999 with heart attack symptums

Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 3743 3744 3745 3746 [3747] 3748 3749 3750 3751 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: