blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:54:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 637 638 [639] 640 641 642 643 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6335153 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9570 on: October 16, 2008, 08:59:18 PM »

Complete subject change, but thought you'd like these pictures of the sun:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/10/the_sun.html

Goodness me - take a look everyone - amazing stuff.

Many thanks Bongo.

They are incredible

+1

Great find Bongo

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: October 17, 2008, 12:56:40 AM »

OK whats with the dark glasses Boss man

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: October 17, 2008, 01:00:04 AM »

OK whats with the dark glasses Boss man

Err, well, it was a spoof of this.........

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=72tBP0Szs-8&NR=1

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9573 on: October 17, 2008, 01:01:24 AM »

im just about to go to the strip to see what Tom and Ralph are up to

i wonder if they have left the breakfast buffet yet

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: October 17, 2008, 01:04:30 AM »

im just about to go to the strip to see what Tom and Ralph are up to

i wonder if they have left the breakfast buffet yet

Give them my best regards please Jim.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: October 17, 2008, 03:06:58 AM »

Complete subject change, but thought you'd like these pictures of the sun:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/10/the_sun.html

I've just spent over an hour, gazing in awe again at these pictures/animations of the Sun.

Can someone explain to me, please, in lay language, picture 6?

Picture 3 - the comet "collision" - is extraordinary.

But picture 9 takes the biscuit. Think of the heat that is generated by that orbiting ball of fire - without it, we'd all die, & yet, despite being (millions?) of miles distant, it can, in parts of earth, be so hot it kills us, & exposure to it, even in the UK, can burn such that we have to protect against it's heat. A hot day in Sussex is too hot to bear, but that heat source is so far distant it's beyond imagination. Stand 50 yards from a bonfire, & you feel no heat, but the Sun's heat can be felt everywhere. Clouds, somehow, dissipate it's heat, because the Sun shines all the time - even when it's grey & wet down here, the Sun is stll burning brightly, 24/7.

We take it for granted, most of us, but those pics, & pic 9 in particular, are real head-turners.

Thanks Bongo, I really enjoyed them.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: October 17, 2008, 03:30:58 AM »

A busy, but enjoyable day in Feltham today (Thursday). I did a "pre-record" being a Ringo Starr spoof - these are fun for an amateur, & I love doing them, I suppose it's childish really, but it's something few of us get lucky enough to ever try. But I'm not sure I'll give up my day job in favour of acting yet awhile.....

That was at 6pm, at 6.15pm Richard Orford & I recorded a 1 hour "Cash - Unlimited" for transmission next week. We did the whole thing in a single take, start to finish, & Richard never put a foot wrong throughout. I'm not sure, but I assume it airs next Tuesday. I'm doing another of these on Sunday at 6pm, before Sunday Night's Show, & I guess that willl air next Wednesday.

Then, at 9.30pm tonight, we did the 3 hour Live Show, which simulcasts on Sky Sports Extra, so a late finish - 0030 - by which time the adrenelin was really racing, hence I'm still buzzing at 3.15am. I'll not "come down" for hours, & tomorrow I'll have an adrenelin hangover, & feel wrecked.

Sunday brings my 6th Show in a fortnight, after which I get an 8 day break - it's suddenly struck me that's almost enough time to whizz across to Vegas & join Tom & Ralph for a week & play that Caesars Fessie......jeez, I dare not think about it. It's possible, mind....... No, must resist.

We all get a bit revved up when the Show goes on Sky Sports, because we know the Sky Sports Suits are viewing with a critical eye, & you don't mess with that crew, they are seriously professional, so it's a bit scary in some ways. I don't get freaked out by the fear of failure, but the thought of letting the Team down scares the life out of me. Richard Orford gets oh-so close to "the edge" at times, I am barely able to breathe, but he know's what he's doing, big-time.

Today, I got my November Rota from Sky, & I'm down for 8 nights work in all, including Online stuff, plus the Sky Poker UK Tour Leg Two, so barring accidents, I've managed another month without being canned, meaning I've survived there 25 months now. I suffer from huge insecurity, so the monthly arrival of the Rota is always a cheek-clenching day. I was with John Kirkland 20 odd years, & did well there, with no skeletons in my cupboard at all, but every time his Secretary rang me "JNK would like you to pop across & have a coffee with hm" I feared the worst - "he's gonna sack me".

It's daft, of course, but it's that psychology thing, & insecurity means you try that bit harder, to do well. You see it in football, the Subs start warming up on the touchline, & suddenly every player wants the ball, & finds a yard of extra pace.

The human mind, what a weird & wonderful thing.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: October 17, 2008, 03:47:41 AM »

I'm down in London, & due back at Feltham on Sunday, so rather than go back home, I might just go across to Equal Chance on Friday & play their 2 day 20k Chip Jobbie. I Cashed in it the only previous time I played it, Chili came with me, & we hooked up with Jim McBride, Compo, Mark Banin, Celtic & co & had a great time.

After a very thin time at the Tables since Vegas, my form has started to turn recently, & I've cashed in my last three Tourneys (3rd, 3rd & 5th or 6th). Small fields (70, 36 & 43) & small cashes, (£1,069, £370 & £270) but I'll settle for that.

Wednesday night at Luton was one of the weirdest nights I've ever seen, with kamikaze plays left right & centre.

I somehow trebled up early doors with K-K v A-K v 6-6, the sixes doing all the pre-flop Raising & Re-Raising!

Then, with so many chips I did not know what to do with them, I made a, for me, rare "odds call" against the currently luckless Chompy & hit. He'd made it 700 (100-200), picked up a single caller, & I had 200 invested already in the BB, so called the extra 500 with A-8 of clubs. It came raggy-taggy-tag, 2 clubs, & I bet out, the Pot, making about 4,200 in the middle. Chompy gave it a lengthy dwell, then shoved, & I have him on an overpair now. His Shove was 5k+, so I thought I was getting aboot 2/1, & thought that was, marginally, about the correct price to call. A bad play in some ways, as I had plenty of chips, but anyway, I called & hit. I felt for him, he's on a shocking run right now, but we all hit these lean patches.

Despite that mountain of chips, I gradually lost ground, & was "dry" in the Final, & eventually finished a tame 5th or 6th.

Pelham Boy & Sicilian were both rampant, & I'm sure one or the other went on to win. I hope so, anyway. Sicilian murdered us all, Raise Raise Raise, playing his deep-stack beautifully.

Pelham was a revelation, too, making a cracking call against what turned out to be, effectively, a huge bluff, but which Bertie Bluffer really thought was a 4 bet-shove jobbie. Bertie had me in a quandary all evening, I could not suss if he was a genius or a fool, but I am a bit workshy in these cases, & rather like to let others do the finding out for me. Pelham did just that, with an awesome Call.

A grand evening, though despite all those "gifted" chips, 5th or 6th was not much to shout about really. Fun though, & profitable, so I'll settle for that.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: October 17, 2008, 04:05:37 AM »

Then, with so many chips I did not know what to do with them, I made a, for me, rare "odds call" against the currently luckless Chompy & hit. He'd made it 700 (100-200), picked up a single caller, & I had 200 invested already in the BB, so called the extra 500 with A-8 of clubs. It came raggy-taggy-tag, 2 clubs, & I bet out, the Pot, making about 4,200 in the middle. Chompy gave it a lengthy dwell, then shoved, & I have him on an overpair now. His Shove was 5k+, so I thought I was getting aboot 2/1, & thought that was, marginally, about the correct price to call. A bad play in some ways, as I had plenty of chips, but anyway, I called & hit. I felt for him, he's on a shocking run right now, but we all hit these lean patches.

The only bad call here is the pre flop one.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: October 17, 2008, 09:34:47 AM »

Sunday brings my 6th Show in a fortnight, after which I get an 8 day break - it's suddenly struck me that's almost enough time to whizz across to Vegas & join Tom & Ralph for a week & play that Caesars Fessie......jeez, I dare not think about it. It's possible, mind....... No, must resist.

Go!!!  I'm sure you could use a holiday.  If I were you I'd have already booked the flights!!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9580 on: October 17, 2008, 09:36:59 AM »

You been to the doctor yet?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9581 on: October 17, 2008, 09:38:16 AM »

when do you want picking up from the airport

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: October 17, 2008, 09:43:51 AM »

... we know the Sky Sports Suits are viewing with a critical eye, & you don't mess with that crew, they are seriously professional, ...

So if the Sky Sports Suits are, "... seriously professional ...", what does that make the Sky Poker Suits? Grin

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9583 on: October 17, 2008, 09:46:29 AM »

Go!!!  I'm sure you could use a holiday.  If I were you I'd have already booked the flights!!

FFS! Ralph and I are running on fumes as it is, (it's only coffee and adrenalin that's keeping us going) God help us if you start leading us astray.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: October 17, 2008, 10:05:26 AM »

... we know the Sky Sports Suits are viewing with a critical eye, & you don't mess with that crew, they are seriously professional, ...

So if the Sky Sports Suits are, "... seriously professional ...", what does that make the Sky Poker Suits? Grin

And I thought it would be AndrewT who would be first to ask that!

The Sky Poker Crew (I'll start digging) are my regular Crew, I know what they want, how, &, crucially, ther Brand message, & their Target Audience. After getting on for 150 Shows for them, I know what they wish of me, even if I struggle to deliver. The Sky Sports deal is for different folks, who we don't get to meet, want different things, for a slightly different target audience. It's 1 Show a Week, which the Analysts share on Roster, & I've only done, I dunno, 8 or 10 of.

So there's a natural "nervousness", an extra will to ensure they are pleased with the product. By keeping them happy, the Brand (& Analysts.....) get exposed to a far bigger audience once a week. Ergo, by disappointing them, it would be harmful to the whole Team at Feltham. (See "letting the side down" earlier).

Think playing for Sir Alex (Miami Vic) week in & week out, & Capello once a month.  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 635 636 637 638 [639] 640 641 642 643 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: