blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:54:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 638 639 [640] 641 642 643 644 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6335156 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9585 on: October 17, 2008, 10:06:32 AM »

You been to the doctor yet?

Pfft. Doctors are for girlies.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: October 17, 2008, 10:09:24 AM »

when do you want picking up from the airport

Noooooooooo! Ish.

It's 10.00am here, Chili just called, she's at the Airport, off to the IPO in Dublin. Everyone's off to play Poker.......don't tempt me. Anyway, I have things to do, places to go, people to see, & Angell to feed. And my Bankroll is not exactly full to the brim. Discipline, discipline......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: October 17, 2008, 10:11:04 AM »

Noooooooooo! Ish.

It's 10.00am here, Chili just called, she's at the Airport, off to the IPO in Dublin. Everyone's off to play Poker.......don't tempt me. Anyway, I have things to do, places to go, people to see, & Angell to feed. And my Bankroll is not exactly full to the brim. Discipline, discipline......

Get out there, Vegas above everything imo, especially this time of year.
Too much work, not enough play, make Tikay limp with ace-rag sooted UTG.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:13:29 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: October 17, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »

Sunday brings my 6th Show in a fortnight, after which I get an 8 day break - it's suddenly struck me that's almost enough time to whizz across to Vegas & join Tom & Ralph for a week & play that Caesars Fessie......jeez, I dare not think about it. It's possible, mind....... No, must resist.

Go!!!  I'm sure you could use a holiday.  If I were you I'd have already booked the flights!!

FFS! Ralph and I are running on fumes as it is, (it's only coffee and adrenalin that's keeping us going) God help us if you start leading us astray.

I don't think Ralph needs any help in the leading astray department, even at his age. Anyway, I'm strictly "poker only" when in Vegas. Hoover Dam & Grand Canyon apart, there's nothing else that interests me out there. Except you two, of course.

I must have consumed 12 cups of Latte a day while I was out there - the stuff is beautiful, but seriously addictive.

Hope you are both having fun, & keep that Diary going!

Why are you not playing the afternoon Tourney at Caesars?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: October 17, 2008, 10:14:40 AM »

Noooooooooo! Ish.

Get out there, Vegas above everything imo, especially this time of year.
Too much work, not enough play, make Tikay limp with ace-rag sooted UTG.

Yup - & Lord Flushy says it was a bad call (pre)!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9590 on: October 17, 2008, 10:16:24 AM »

All in good time, but one reason is it's 2:15am here.

The older I get, the better I was.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: October 17, 2008, 10:17:02 AM »

because it's the middle of the night?  

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: October 17, 2008, 10:19:24 AM »

Then, with so many chips I did not know what to do with them, I made a, for me, rare "odds call" against the currently luckless Chompy & hit. He'd made it 700 (100-200), picked up a single caller, & I had 200 invested already in the BB, so called the extra 500 with A-8 of clubs. It came raggy-taggy-tag, 2 clubs, & I bet out, the Pot, making about 4,200 in the middle. Chompy gave it a lengthy dwell, then shoved, & I have him on an overpair now. His Shove was 5k+, so I thought I was getting aboot 2/1, & thought that was, marginally, about the correct price to call. A bad play in some ways, as I had plenty of chips, but anyway, I called & hit. I felt for him, he's on a shocking run right now, but we all hit these lean patches.

The only bad call here is the pre flop one.

Is it really that bad, iyo?

It was 500 into 1,600, & Chompy is known to Raise it up with such as 9-3. Mathematically, maybe, rag-aceily, deffo, but I Called for a variety of different reasons. The kids would call it meta-game, I'd just say "lots of chips, loose-goose oppo, let's call & see what happens". In Luton, we call that "The Myland-Webber Gambit".

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: October 17, 2008, 10:21:50 AM »

All in good time, but one reason is it's 2:15am here.
Are you sure?

Oh yes, so  is. I got confused (just out of bed, thanks to Chili), - I somehow self-adjusted to USA Time, & traslated back to UK time. And even that was wrong.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9594 on: October 17, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »

I've just spent over an hour, gazing in awe again at these pictures/animations of the Sun.

Can someone explain to me, please, in lay language, picture 6?

Venus gets between us and the Sun.

... we know the Sky Sports Suits are viewing with a critical eye, & you don't mess with that crew, they are seriously professional, ...

So if the Sky Sports Suits are, "... seriously professional ...", what does that make the Sky Poker Suits? Grin

And I thought it would be AndrewT who would be first to ask that!

I decided to leave it to my fellow INTJ.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: October 17, 2008, 10:25:40 AM »

Then, with so many chips I did not know what to do with them, I made a, for me, rare "odds call" against the currently luckless Chompy & hit. He'd made it 700 (100-200), picked up a single caller, & I had 200 invested already in the BB, so called the extra 500 with A-8 of clubs. It came raggy-taggy-tag, 2 clubs, & I bet out, the Pot, making about 4,200 in the middle. Chompy gave it a lengthy dwell, then shoved, & I have him on an overpair now. His Shove was 5k+, so I thought I was getting aboot 2/1, & thought that was, marginally, about the correct price to call. A bad play in some ways, as I had plenty of chips, but anyway, I called & hit. I felt for him, he's on a shocking run right now, but we all hit these lean patches.

The only bad call here is the pre flop one.

In Luton, we call that "The Myland-Webber Gambit".

"Er, Niall, can we have a ruling here please."
Good luck to Blonde legend Tom Myland on the Kentish isle this afternoon. And to Handsome Paul, who's carrying my 10% investmentaments.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: October 17, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »

There was a great prog on Radio 4 this morning, about the NASA "Space Debris Management Department". (!).

The head of SDMD is responsible for tracking, & sometimes neutralising, all pieces of earth-made space debris, of which there are some 13,000 pieces, all tagged & identifiable in their individual orbits, & he reckons it's his job to stop this stuff colliding with important satellites & spacecraft.

He was very serious & up his own arse, & came out with this very American sentence.....

"It's Space litter, & we have to litterly litterley keep track of it al". Or was it the other way round?

Meanwhile, another Scientist, who plainly thought the NASA SDMD was all a load of hogwash, & did not even exist ("spies, that's what they are"), described the whole programme as non-existent, & called it - wait for it - "science fiction"........!

lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: October 17, 2008, 10:33:36 AM »

Oh yes, so  is. I got confused (just out of bed, thanks to Chili),
[/quote]

just nearly choked on my museli there....

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: October 17, 2008, 10:34:57 AM »

(just out of bed, thanks to Chili)

You lucky Dog Tikay... no wonder she smiles a lot

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: October 17, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »

it's suddenly struck me that's almost enough time to whizz across to Vegas & join Tom & Ralph for a week & play that Caesars Fessie......jeez, I dare not think about it. It's possible, mind....... No, must resist.

Go Tikay !

You live only once  !!

A great place..doing what you love with great friends..dont know y ur till here...modern tech says you keep ur finger on the button from ur hotel room..

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 638 639 [640] 641 642 643 644 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: