blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:15:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand of the Week: September 17th
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand of the Week: September 17th  (Read 7862 times)
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2007, 10:09:38 AM »

you have to get your chips in here I think..folding is once again disgraceful and flatcalling is bordering on cowardice..(although as the hand played out he MUST know you have the FD so thinking he would only bet here with a better Flush than you has some value as a train of thought) You can't mess the hand up any more than you've already done...as long as you don't fold here you're doing the right thing Smiley

charming! i take it your still off the fags?  the point of hand analysis is to look at all play over a range of hands whether its good or bad? So the analysis should be on the cards without the  insults to the posters. if that was me you were replying to, i wouldnt post again on here. infact it put me off posting anything else on here. constructive critisism is one thing, being rude is another all together. it takes new posters a bit of courage to make a relpy in the first place. like my original reply took me ages. i had to check and double check because i was worried about being slagged off. im not trying to cause conflict here, i just want to be able to post with peace of mind and learn about all the ways to make a play, not just the 'right' way

i would agree with alex and flea and ship here.

Patience is a virtue.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2007, 10:13:10 AM »

I call
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2007, 10:21:40 AM »

you have to get your chips in here I think..folding is once again disgraceful and flatcalling is bordering on cowardice..(although as the hand played out he MUST know you have the FD so thinking he would only bet here with a better Flush than you has some value as a train of thought) You can't mess the hand up any more than you've already done...as long as you don't fold here you're doing the right thing Smiley

charming! i take it your still off the fags?  the point of hand analysis is to look at all play over a range of hands whether its good or bad? So the analysis should be on the cards without the  insults to the posters. if that was me you were replying to, i wouldnt post again on here. infact it put me off posting anything else on here. constructive critisism is one thing, being rude is another all together. it takes new posters a bit of courage to make a relpy in the first place. like my original reply took me ages. i had to check and double check because i was worried about being slagged off. im not trying to cause conflict here, i just want to be able to post with peace of mind and learn about all the ways to make a play, not just the 'right' way

yeah still off the fags...still cranky as hell..and just a bit baffled as to why the above post was insulting really. If my first post was critisized I can see why (which is why I issued an apology in advance in that one) but I reckon the one you quoted is fine Mad...especially as I say there is some value in making a flat call here as well as a push.

Anyways..Sorry if I offended anyone..Lord knows I don't want to put anyone off using the PHA board...also, If I hadn't known totalise to be a good player but say a completely new player I of course would have responded differently.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2007, 10:28:01 AM »

yeah still off the fags...still cranky as hell..and just a bit baffled as to why the above post was insulting really. If my first post was critisized I can see why (which is why I issued an apology in advance in that one) but I reckon the one you quoted is fine Mad...especially as I say there is some value in making a flat call here as well as a push.

Anyways..Sorry if I offended anyone..Lord knows I don't want to put anyone off using the PHA board...also, If I hadn't known totalise to be a good player but say a completely new player I of course would have responded differently.

i was talking about the cumulation of the first and second replies. is it okay to apologise in advance then use insults? lol  Totalise is big and bad enough to expose his own play and can take the kind of reply you made. what im saying is that lookers on like me are put off by this approach and are not confident in the first place around replying. add that to  potentially being told you play toilet poker and us less experienced thinkers just wont come back to post.
anyway, why dont you try NRT? your wife must be up the wall by now:)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:04:09 AM by madasahatstand » Logged

Patience is a virtue.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2007, 10:56:46 AM »

NRT?..nonono..I will not replace one habit with the other..I'll either quit smoking or I won't..I'm not going to be one of those pathetic people who need little plasters or pills to get them through the day. I have much more respect for smokers who just continue to smoke than for those pathetic plaster wearing "atleast I'm not smoking" idiots you see everywhere these days.

My wife..she knows I'm a miserable sod at the best of times..but I'm always nice to her..she accepts my crankiness like the kind-hearted-patience-of-a-saint-like-person that she is, which is why she is by far the better person in our relationship.

like i said..didn't mean to put anyone off posting..and noone will ever again be told they should go to toilet poker.com.... Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2007, 01:34:57 PM »

boldie,

your comments were slightly over the top, you know I wont care, but a lot of less frequent posters might be put off, thats the previous posters point I think.

As to the hand,with regards to telegraphing my hand, how much does it really matter in this spot, against people that you suspect aren't that great at hand reading? I guess the whole thread IMO could be condensed into this line:

"its ok to play in an exploitable manner, when people dont know how to exploit you"

and I figured there was a pretty good chance that id win about the same if I hit, and lose a bit less if I missed, given that the reads/flop action in this spot make me think that this pot somehow, somewhere, was gonna go to showdown. Against exceptional players like geeforce/pab etc Id almost never take this line, but these people weren't exceptional.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2007, 06:25:50 AM »

The reveal to this hand and a nice little conclusion from totalise can be found by clicking the following link:

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/12367

Cracking hand of the week this one, shame I've only just had a chance to read through it. Many thanks to totalise for his efforts.
geeforce1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »

i am never squeezing pf. UTG will call with any hand that dominates. def value in the call tho.
on the flop its a check raise for me, not allin, but commiting myslef. with huge draws its far better to build a pot with 2 cards to come than with 1. yes u may kill your action, but also you may prevent your action being killed when you complete a flush and scare off 1/2pair. it gives you more chances to win the pot and maximises pot sizes at a showdown.

what do you do if you get called on the flop and the turn is a blank in this spot? (assuming button is the caller) you have abot 1k left on the turn, just shovel it in?

once i have checked the flop UTG bets 200ish and 1 caller. my rr will be to about 650/750. if i get a flat caller here i will be suprised, but def not too uncommon. if the turn blanks i have about 900 back, i am not affraid to fire a second bullet here, will would mean i am in, or all but in. i think its way too big a bet to check raise all in on the flop, poss the worst hand that will call by button is top 2 (and thats marginal). this play gives 3 ways to win the pot, flop, turn and showdown. it also maximises winnings, and losing 1 and a half buyins with a str fd is very standard (certainly not overplaying)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2007, 01:20:44 PM »

i am never squeezing pf. UTG will call with any hand that dominates. def value in the call tho.
on the flop its a check raise for me, not allin, but commiting myslef. with huge draws its far better to build a pot with 2 cards to come than with 1. yes u may kill your action, but also you may prevent your action being killed when you complete a flush and scare off 1/2pair. it gives you more chances to win the pot and maximises pot sizes at a showdown.

what do you do if you get called on the flop and the turn is a blank in this spot? (assuming button is the caller) you have abot 1k left on the turn, just shovel it in?

once i have checked the flop UTG bets 200ish and 1 caller. my rr will be to about 650/750. if i get a flat caller here i will be suprised, but def not too uncommon. if the turn blanks i have about 900 back, i am not affraid to fire a second bullet here, will would mean i am in, or all but in. i think its way too big a bet to check raise all in on the flop, poss the worst hand that will call by button is top 2 (and thats marginal). this play gives 3 ways to win the pot, flop, turn and showdown. it also maximises winnings, and losing 1 and a half buyins with a str fd is very standard (certainly not overplaying)

gr8 response. 
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 02:44:13 AM »

gr8 response. 

Yeah, I agree. Queen-High isn't a good hand to reach a showdown with! You have to show you're committed on the flop, and exploit the current strength of your hand. It avoids tricky OOP turn decisions too.

Regarding other questions:

*I'd never make a pre-flop squeeze play OOP

*Turn shove only gives you fold equity against tight/good players

*You should be betting out on the river. In villain's position, I am checking here 90%+ of the time. If I bet (as villain), then I'm folding to a raise. You will win more long-term with a river value bet.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: