blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Tournament Hand of the Week: September 24th
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tournament Hand of the Week: September 24th  (Read 10306 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 02:49:50 PM »

Dubai,

You obviously don't yet understand Mark's "advanced level of poker theory.... but if you keep visiting the board you may be able to make headway."

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 02:51:20 PM »

there should indeed not be a lot of thought in this hand. on the flop you hope the guy has an ace, which is why you bet..on the turn all you can do is hope he has a flush and thinks you've got the ace. If he has a better Full house than you..that's tough..if he doesn't have a flush or the ace you're not going to get paid either way so there is no need to be carefull here and you can continue betting...no point in checking on the turn..he either has it or he doesn't..like I said in ym original post..the board is killing the hand..this is one of them things that plays itsself.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 02:55:06 PM »

I think there is a twist coming on the river so may not be so clear cut...... watch this space!!!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 03:01:06 PM »

Yeah youre probably right, which means whole thinking is results orientated, oh well. Gl al
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 03:01:57 PM »

I think there is a twist coming on the river so may not be so clear cut...... watch this space!!!

I fully expect there to be..but upto now the hand is very straightforward...and even when/if the third and final ace comes down you have to get your chips in.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 03:03:23 PM »

no ace coming me thinks, i thinks its something else............

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 03:07:08 PM »

The only interesting twist would be a duplicate card or a joker appearing.

The only things that change the river would be the 4th ace (why aren't we all in already if they have an A), or a royal flush card.

I can't see myself ever folding because someone may have hit a 1 outer to a royal flush!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:13:32 PM by Bongo » Logged

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »

I don't think anyone should be too critical just yet.

Dimissing the hand is like watching the first twenty minutes of a film and then declaring the whole film is crap.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2007, 03:58:27 PM »

Dimissing the hand is like watching the first twenty minutes of a film and then declaring the whole film is crap.

that works for me with most movies to be honest. Smiley

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2007, 06:49:06 PM »

that works for me with most movies to be honest. Smiley

If you watch Some Like It Hot, the first twenty minutes is pure build up, and pretty unfunny.

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 06:50:02 PM »

I saw that... it was absolute rubbish!

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 06:56:11 PM »

Dubai, your posts always bring a smile to my face. Not because I think you're a particularly amusing guy, but because you seem blinded by your own irony and lost in a world of self-delusion.

Let me explain...

First and foremost you always insist that you don't like what I have to say but you are always lurking around seemingly eager to read what I have to write. I don't profess to understand this mentality because e.g. if I decide I dislike an author I refrain from buying their books.

Anyway, moving on....in the isolation of your own mind you see this as "the most basic of poker hands" requiring "no thinking whatsoever" when in reality you couldn't be more wrong. A range of players with a host of different ideas have contributed their opinions. Strategy for playing the flop alone has been remarkably diverse with plays ranging from checking to betting upto 2k. That's a massive variance. If the hand required no thought opinion would be quite uniform.

These are real people who play the game and have their own unique take on every situation. You really struggle to grasp this concept. Whilst the poker industry fails to even agree upon a standard set of rules for poker you believe that there is only one correct way to approach a particular hand...and that is your way. The weight of evidence is not in your favour I'm afraid and your words only serve to highlight your failings.

Your smug criticism suggests you think you know the right decisions to make but you never actually offer that advice up. It is like Martin Luther King saying "I have a dream"...the crowd wait with baited breath before he announces..."But I'm not prepared to talk about it cos you're all fish". If that was actually his famous speech he would have looked like a fool. But this is what you do.

I think you forget that the PHA Board is a learning resource for players wanting to make some progress in the game. You wade in with your self-appointed PHD in poker and run people down. Who benefits from that? It's like a maths professor waltzing into a secondary school and chastising the pupils for being stupid. Now whilst you may feel an intricate and deeply philosophical highbrow poker hand may be suitable for this learning resource I don't. The fact is my brief is to post a hand that creates discussion and debate but the success of the hand is sadly not judged on Dubai's scale of complexity. It's measured by hits and posts. So while your intention may be to try and bring me down a peg or two your contribution has only served to make this one of the most successful HOTW's so far. Do you see what I'm saying about irony?

I have recently written an article entitled "Highbrow Poker Snobbery", I will post it soon (I am sure you will read it) and you score a perfect bullseye in those stakes. You fail to appreciate the difference of opinion that exists in the game whilst failing to offer your own. You can't judge opinion as correct or incorrect. That is a fact. The forum is designed to solicit opinion from every type of player and as such we help each other's education. I care not whether my opinion is "right" or "wrong" in your world...but I will respond when someone is disrespectful, it shows a distinct lack of class...a characteristic you seem familiar with. It may earn you a few sniggers from your Beavis and Butthead cronies but it only serves to highlight your naivety and it prevents potential posters from getting involved. What a difference you make.

Anyway, on to more serious matters. You suggest my words are incoherent and I congratulate you for this. Confronting your reading gremlins is the first step in making progress with your literacy. There are currently some excellent college courses available as well as home study programmes that will help you resolve these issues.

I can see some of your problems surfacing in your post though...
The 1k Bellagios during the WSOP are the one of the worst standard tournaments you will ever see
You can't use the word "the" in such quick succession here because then the sentence wont make any sense. But it took guts to try so fair play.

Like Byron said, keep reading the board though because you will begin to realise poker is as individual as the person who plays it. All comments are valid and all opinions are welcome. I am setting the alarm clock and putting on a fresh pot of coffee as we speak.

Yeah youre probably right, which means whole thinking is results orientated, oh well. Gl al
p.s. Who's Al?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2007, 07:13:13 PM »

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2007, 07:16:29 PM »

ive had some pretty uneventful shags 20 minutes in, but always had a good ending! Wink

so dont be so quick to judge!

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 07:26:03 PM by celtic » Logged

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2007, 07:25:09 PM »

mantis,

u r the best. i mean that. that reply is better than any type of humourous put down i could ever have thought of.

i read your reply and have it stuck in my head that if chris eubank was to read this out loud it would be even funnier. try it at home!!

keep up the good work mate.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: