blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:01:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Tournament Hand of the Week: October 8th
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tournament Hand of the Week: October 8th  (Read 8904 times)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2007, 09:54:59 PM »

Yep, a couple of good posts there. Someone having the Ace is often going to make or break the hand and we probably wont win a big pot if this isn't the case. But our check does allow the Kings an apportunity to c-bet and represent one...with the potential of a genuine Ace behind him. Also, there are only 4 pairs that can improve to beat us (at least 2 of which would have raised pre-flop) and 7 that will improve and loose their stack to us...as well as one pair that turns 2 pair etc...So I think the rewards of offering a free card, if that happens at all, are probably worth the risks.

So your strategy relies on next to speak having kings??
I really hate to say this but this is supposedly a learning section, i really feel that your thoughts and notions are erm, wrong.
You over complicate everything and i see no lesson in it at all, we can all talk bollocks for 250 words that's easy but i really do believe you are giving very bad advice, stuff that can cost money.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2007, 10:58:32 PM »

Posted by: ifm
So your strategy relies on next to speak having kings??

Strange question ifm. The strategy is to let the aggressive pre-flop raiser c-bet with any hand...but in this instance Sam told me later he had Kings...so I am using Kings as the e.g. But it doesn't mean your oppo has to have kings though?? This strategy is called slow-playing. You have hit a set and the question is whether to slow-play or fast-play. To say slow-playing a set is an awful tactic is a bit strange really. Loads of players will be checking a set here.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2007, 11:11:05 PM »

I understand the radical concept of which you speak, i just think it's unprofitable in this situation.
The trouble with this section is that is bereft of experienced winners willing to partake, except of course Dubai but he was ridiculed by yourself.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2007, 04:47:29 AM »

A friend of Dubai...say no more.

As I remember, it was Dubai who ridiculed me. I kind of re-ridiculed him...sort of like a re-raise.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
pswnio

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2007, 08:23:07 PM »

Hand I played yesterday very similar to this which illustrates that slow playing a set does (sometimes) work. Bets are approximate but there or thereabouts. I have about 12k, cut off has about 10k.

9 handed table. Blinds 100/200. I limped from UTG+1 with 88. Cut off limps, folded round to BB who checks.

Flop comes     two hearts  .

I check, cut off bets 400, BB folds, I smooth call.

Turn comes  .

I check, cut off bets 1000. I dwell a little bit (I normally act quite quickly) and raise him to 3000. He thinks for a long time before pushing his remaining chips in. I call, he flips A7.

I appreciate the lack of pre-flop raising shifts the dynamics of the pot a little, although he definitely wasn't putting all his chips in on the flop with a weak ace like that.

I am in no way experienced enough to know whether this could be a +EV play over the long run. I do prefer the idea that there is a choice, though, and that there is no one "MUST" option.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2007, 10:12:14 PM »

Please click the link below for confirmation of the hand, the final reveal, and Mantis' conclusion.

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/12695

Bad move by John if you ask me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: