blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:58:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  one for the cash gamers
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: one for the cash gamers  (Read 2965 times)
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 05:48:17 PM »

I dont like the flatcall because half the deck is scary on the turn, the shortstacks raise isn't enough to re-open the betting, so the origional raiser can only call on the flop (assuming you call)  and then ur gonna be shipping it into a dry sidepot on the turn and he would generally expect you to check away turns if u are on a draw and it comes a big ol blank.

Also raising here is perfectly ok, no idea whats going on about not raising just because its your first hand at the table/short stack behind. If you cant beat a shortstack at 50/1 when u got a pair , your in trouble.

UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 06:44:31 PM »

I dont like the flatcall because half the deck is scary on the turn, the shortstacks raise isn't enough to re-open the betting, so the origional raiser can only call on the flop (assuming you call)  and then ur gonna be shipping it into a dry sidepot on the turn and he would generally expect you to check away turns if u are on a draw and it comes a big ol blank.

Also raising here is perfectly ok, no idea whats going on about not raising just because its your first hand at the table/short stack behind. If you cant beat a shortstack at 50/1 when u got a pair , your in trouble.

the sb more than likely has a OP or over cards. i wouldnt be worried about giving free cards to the sb as a straight danger card wouldn't help him anyway.

totalise

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 06:57:11 PM »

the sb more than likely has a OP or over cards. i wouldnt be worried about giving free cards to the sb as a straight danger card wouldn't help him anyway.

you aren't worried about a danger card helping him, your worried about the card stopping him from stacking off.
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 07:49:59 PM »

but theres more chance of him stacking off by calling then pushing. push 100% auto fold, call gain equity if one of the 15 danger cards doesnt come. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 07:52:57 PM by UpTheMariners » Logged

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 08:06:48 PM »

but theres more chance of him stacking off by calling then pushing. push 100% auto fold, call gain equity if one of the 15 danger cards doesnt come. 

if ur opponent is stupid enough to stack off on a blank turn with a dry sidepot he is certainly stupid enuff to call a flop raise
AgentChip109

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 02:07:08 PM »

after a thought, i decided on shoving. i was sure the sb had overpair and was gonna accomodate wiv a call, but after using his time bank, he folded.

the BB had 

i do like the idea of just calling the flop but the BB got in the way of the hand with his very short stack

Edgy811 - Party, Full Tilt, Pokerstars
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: