blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 03:41:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272938 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 47339 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2007, 08:52:37 PM »

The players are now on a 60 minute dinner break and we are about to join them for what is, I hate to admit, a below par buffet, but a free one nonetheless. I shall not be dining with Jeff Kimber, as he is still refusing to make his move on our game of Scrabble, even after my valiant effort in yesterday's effort. I don't know if you share my thoughts, but I feel that I have been treated rather harshly.

By the way, don't you hate it when the taps in the toilet only activate for a second or two when you press them meaning you have to do each hand individually. Rubbing the soap off your hand with the fingers on that hand is a skill that can't be taught, and one that the Scandieboy currently in the gentleman's simply doesn't possess.

Back soon!

It would seem that your hands are definitely unriper than aforementioned scandieboy...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2007, 08:55:10 PM »

As I waltz back into the cardroom, I am quickly reminded of what a great venue this is... especially if they had a vaster field. Okay, the food is poor and the arena does compare to a rickety old train station, but in terms of sheer space with the open plan seating, sea of endless tables and generous gaps between tables, it's a great place to play poker. For us a bloggers in particular, it's perfect, as you could tie ten cats together, swing them around and still not touch anybody. Well, you might be within a whisker (ahem).

This part of Dublin is truly bizarre for an indoor person like me. I had no idea I would be seeing the coast, so for someone who divides their time between Northwest London and Birmingham, it was a pleasant surprise to see the sea. If I'd have known, I would have brought my Speedos and gone for a quick dip in the ocean. For some reason I thought we'd be in a busier area, but there's barely a murmur around here at night time and as Liam Flood confirmed, you could walk around on your own late at night and not have to worry.

On the first night, Chili and I ventured into the city centre on what was a "We must see Dublin" night out. We didn't really see the sights, but got a good feel of what Dublin is all about. We unearthed a top notch steakhouse, and when they sadly announced there was no pudding, managed to stumble across a cute little place called Captain America's where we munched on a banoffee pie and Knickerbocker Glory (I had the latter). So, if you're wondering what superheroes do when they retire, then now you know, they go to Dublin and open up a bar.

It's just a shame numbers aren't more here this week. The half empty venue has perhaps lost its buzz as a result and would surely be hustle and bustle with an increased field.
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2007, 08:56:17 PM »

Any updates on Annette Obrestad?
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2007, 08:57:04 PM »

Absolute uncanny lookalikee here, I nearly pinched this chap round the waist thinking it was Richard Trigg aka actionman, but I stopped and realised that this is an EPT and a highly unlikely place for the twig to be at!!!

In the meantime on poker business, TCR23, the MOM of Michael Martin can be very happy indeed because Michael is being a good little boy and has over 50,000 chips "at last" says Michael.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2007, 08:57:37 PM »

snoops.........there is a great Indian restaurant just over the road from the RDS, although some of the tables are a bit wobbly

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2007, 08:57:58 PM »

A lonesome Alan Vinson has been spotted oping near the entrance. I tried desperately to prise out the hand from him without being insulting, but not even my usually successful method of asking, "Was it a nasty one?" was enough to uncover the truth. What I did receive was a dejected "No, I just played badly" response, and after my pause failed to lead to any further information, I continued over to the tables a defeated man.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2007, 08:58:42 PM »

Absolute uncanny lookalikee here, I nearly pinched this chap round the waist thinking it was Richard Trigg aka actionman, but I stopped and realised that this is an EPT and a highly unlikely place for the twig to be at!!!

OMFG   one is more than enough

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2007, 08:58:51 PM »

We'll have a check on our next outing into the cardroom. Chili's worn her bracelet don't you know!
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2007, 09:00:49 PM »

Great updates guys,

News of Julian 'curry' Thew, Paul 'Rocketman' Gourlay and Ash 'the fonze' Hussein. When you get a minute please..
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2007, 09:06:20 PM »

My Scrabble nemesis Jeff Kimber has doubled up courtesy of recent EPT winner Julian Thew. It was a simple affair in the end, Jeff's push on a Flop being called by Yoyo. American Ziad Kaady in the next seat seemed tortured by the decision, but he eventually through his cards away reluctantly. Meanwhile, it was on their backs times for Jeff, the World Heads Up Champ not 100% confident that his was ahead, but he had no reason to worry as Julian showed . Actually, what am I saying, it's Julian, of course he needs to be worried! However, even though Thewy was favourite (cough) to win the hand, Jeff's kicker was somehow good enough come the and JD Turn and River. Yoyo down to 10k. Kaady meanwhile rues folding what would have been a winning straight.

jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2007, 09:07:02 PM »

Chili's worn her bracelet don't you know!

So have I Smiley
meds

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2007, 09:08:22 PM »

Cheers guys, tabs on Chris Smith, Dan Smith, Ian Cox and Kunkuwap please.......

May The Flop Be With You
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2007, 09:08:30 PM »

Great updates guys,

News of Julian 'curry' Thew, Paul 'Rocketman' Gourlay and Ash 'the fonze' Hussein. When you get a minute please..

Julian Thew is now biting down on the bitter taste of dust, his check-raise all-in with A-K on a 9-8-J Flop being called by T-8. A Five Turn and Three River was no good and the Yoyo string has finally snapped.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2007, 09:09:25 PM »

If I'd have known, I would have brought my Speedos and gone for a quick dip in the ocean.

It is Halloween, so a horror show would be understandable.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2007, 09:10:01 PM »

If I'd have known, I would have brought my Speedos and gone for a quick dip in the ocean.

It is Halloween, so a horror show would be understandable.

My fine legs would make Beauty Queens drop to their knees.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: