blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 28201 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »

Play has just commenced. Hold onto your hollyhox, whatever that means (my mum used to say it).
tonysaint

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 02:15:36 PM »

Please pass on best wishes to Martin Green ( from Tony of the duck comment fame..... he'll know )
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 02:17:41 PM »

Looking at the list of the golden 24 players in Country order, the countries that stand out are Holland & Norway with 4 representatives each.  Have Holland had such amount of players going so deep before? 

We have 2 Brits in Ash Hussain & Martin Green and 1 Irish in Andy Black.

Swampdonkey
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 02:18:16 PM »

Re: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 2 - Interactive
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2007, 10:13:44 pm »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Annette Obrestad just added to her stack, seems like the river loves Annette.  I did not see the preflop action but all the chips were in and Dutchman Bart Westein the lower stack was showing KK and Annette A9.   Yep, as I alluded to, the A popped on the river giving Annette a circa 160,000 stack and Westein OUT.

AND

Re: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 2 - Interactive
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2007, 10:39:33 pm »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's all gone snooker loopey out there, the victim of the snooker loopiness being Mike McDonald who has now snooker looped his way over to the rail. The snooker loopiness started with a 7k raise from Mateyboy with Nines, 21k from Mike with Jacks and then an all-in from Annette with A-Q. The Nines folded, but Mike called, only to lose to an Ace. To say he looked a tad shell-shocked would be an understatement. Little ol Annette meanwhile has more chips than a potato factory.

What a player !!!!!!!!  What were her chances of being a race against a 3/1 dog against an 8/1 or more dog in the second hand given the action once it had had got to her to make 3rd raise with AQ ?
quantify

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 02:18:39 PM »

I know Ash has no battery on his phone so can you wish him GL from me, Cheers Snoops.

paul he has bought a new charger , i brought his other one back with meee.........dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wp in the 200 by the way
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 02:20:17 PM »

I think it’s fair to say, the general consensus feel that the Live Tournament Updates by the Blonder Poker Team are by far and away the best available. It doesn’t matter which tournament or which updaters are on duty the reports are always excellent and well received and greatly appreciated by those unable to attend said events.

That said I have to say, it is my feeling that the reporting at this tournament has “raised the bar” in updating. I cannot explain why, it’s just a gut feeling I have as I read the reports. I really feel as if I am there watching the action myself.

So my thanks to Snoopy and Chili for this and long may the updates on Blonde continue.

These are just my thoughts which I wanted to share with you all.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 02:21:17 PM »

I often recall the 2006 WSOP $50k Horse event in Vegas, the star studded final table line-up with Ivey, Brunson, Tomko and co attracting an endlessly thick crowd of poker enthusiasts. However, once we reached heads up, and the subsequent 7-hour encounter, that enthusiasm soon turned to boredom, and what was a sea of spectators gradually morphed into one man and his dog... oh, and Jen and I.

Rather surrealistically, Chip Reese and Andy Bloch were playing for millions, the second biggest prize of that entire Series, yet no one was there watching as the tumbleweed brushed past our legs. People were snoring, I was doodling on my notepad, and everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone, was sighing upon every shortstack double up, of which there were many. Then again, it was 10am in the morning...

Thanks Snoopy I had managed to mentally erase that night/morning from my memory until you reminded me. Btw do you think it was just a conincidence that everyone departed once Andy Bloch had run out of free dvds?
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »

I think it’s fair to say, the general consensus feel that the Live Tournament Updates by the Blonder Poker Team are by far and away the best available.

What he said ^^^^^^^

To me the greatest thing about the Blonde updates is the interactive nature of them. Even without the great reporting that Snoopy, Floppy et al do this very fact alone elevates the Blonde updates above all others IMO.
Gowardo

BzzzZZzzz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 02:27:56 PM »

I think it’s fair to say, the general consensus feel that the Live Tournament Updates by the Blonder Poker Team are by far and away the best available.

... well received and greatly appreciated by those unable to attend said events.

QTF

Let's agree to respect each other's opinions, no matter how wrong you may be.
gourlay

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 02:31:02 PM »

I know Ash has no battery on his phone so can you wish him GL from me, Cheers Snoops.

paul he has bought a new charger , i brought his other one back with meee.........dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wp in the 200 by the way

Thanks, I would have rather have not played that AJ from UTG yesterday and made the money today in the main than a poxy third in the 200 but it pays  for the next ride on the merry go round

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 02:35:49 PM »

15 mins into the start of the day and fireworks already.  Firstly on table 3, Guilluame doubles up through Kristian Kjondal leaving Kjondal on about 90,000.  Then about 3 hands later, giant hands meet in small & big blind confrontation.  With Andy Black in the big blind & Kristian Kjondal in the big blind, Luca Pagano kicked off the action from UTG + 2 by going all in for around 50,000.

Folds round to Black who just makes the call then a gasp as Kjondal in BB goes all in.  Black stated it was an easy call and the cards are on their backs:

Luca Pagano 
Kristian Kjondal  
Andy Black  

The board allows the best hand preflop to stand up and Black steamrolls Kjondal & Pagano to leave him adding about 140,000 to his already big chip lead.

22 left.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:38:44 PM by Chili » Logged

Paulsson

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 02:36:26 PM »

I think it’s fair to say, the general consensus feel that the Live Tournament Updates by the Blonder Poker Team are by far and away the best available. It doesn’t matter which tournament or which updaters are on duty the reports are always excellent and well received and greatly appreciated by those unable to attend said events.

That said I have to say, it is my feeling that the reporting at this tournament has “raised the bar” in updating. I cannot explain why, it’s just a gut feeling I have as I read the reports. I really feel as if I am there watching the action myself.

So my thanks to Snoopy and Chili for this and long may the updates on Blonde continue.

Couldn't agree more! Was following the Swedish Open on a swedish site few weeks ago, and they had hand for hand updates on the final table. Great i thought! They didn't update the chipcounts one single time and there were mistakes in every other hand.... was the worst shit ever.

Gotta love blonde! Good work guys!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:39:40 PM by Paulsson » Logged
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 02:37:23 PM »

What he said ^^^^^^^

To me the greatest thing about the Blonde updates is the interactive nature of them. Even without the great reporting that Snoopy, Floppy et al do this very fact alone elevates the Blonde updates above all others IMO.

I was thinking this as well.

Maybe it's because the lower number of players means they're able to watch a table for longer, meaning they're able to describe things a hand history wouldn't reveal. There's more space to move around in as well, which helps. Also, fewer Mateyboys?
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 02:39:16 PM »

What he said ^^^^^^^

Hi Nick - finally got back from Aruba then?? Couldn't agree with you more mate - it almost beats being there and is a helluva lot cheaper too!!!

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
MrDickie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2007, 02:39:49 PM »

.....my first proper post, I have been watching your updates for months now, and could not have said this any better myself.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:45:31 PM by Ironside » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: