blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 28467 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »

welcome aboard mr dickie now you've started please keep the posts coming

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2007, 02:49:07 PM »

Our Scandinavian friends may be falling by the wayside, but the Brits are packing a punch, both Ash Hussain and Martin Green doubling up in quick fashion.

First up was Ash, whose usual rocky image was shattered when he was forced to push all-in blind (this was announced, by the way) from the blind after Ziad Kaady had raised pre-flop. However, fortunately for Ash, the combination of (1) Ziad being caught with his pants down with and (2) having two live cards with the dum dum dum.... the mighty three clubs, meant that he was in with a good shout of achieving that vital double up.

A cheeky "Oops" from Ash as the dealer popped out a Flop soon turned into a more serious, mildly intense "Come on!" and gentle punch of the air as the Turn and River brought a and respectively.

"You should have looked," suggested a defeated American.

"I probably would have folded if I'd seen them," replied an elated Ash, his victorious smile reflecting both relief and that adrenalin pumping sense of "Now we're in with a chance."

Meanwhile, Noah Boeken couldn't resist highlighting the initial raising hand, adding, "Queen Ten at this stage, there goes your image."

But the important thing here is that Ash is up and away and looking to go one further than his 2006 Monte Carlo performance. There's no reason why he can't, especially with the confidence that he now holds.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:54:30 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
isaacs

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 02:54:55 PM »

great start to the day for andy
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »

Martin Green's double up was one of those seemingly simple overpair versus underpair affairs that quickly turned into a gasp-inducing encounter following a horrorshow Flop. As I joined the action, summoned by the dulcet microphone enhancing tones of Big TK, it was on their backs times with Martin in cracking shape with versus the of Guillaume de la Force. Martin had claimed a slight case of luckboxamenting yesterday with A-T versus A-Q and, if I recall correctly, A-J versus K-K, so it would have been a pleasant surprise to see he was ahead for once.

However, as the dealer panned out a nerve-tingling Flop, the focused stare of Martin Green was interrupted by a raised eyebrow and that desperate "please, not this time" expression, but he needn't have worried, the Turn and River (which, for some reason, many hoped would be the ) keeping him in the tournament with a timely double-up.

It took a second glance to confirm it wasn't a split pot, but with his Jack kicker taking down the pot, Martin now has a playable stack and could be worth a punt. Could the quiet, reserved Liverpudlian take this one down?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 03:02:56 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2007, 03:04:37 PM »

This exit has resulted in Annette Obrestad being moved to Andy Black's table again LOL!!

Let the wars begin!

Cracking updated as usual guys.  I was off work yesterday and the updates made my day that bit more enjoyable, its good to have something fresh to read.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 03:06:09 PM »

The exits are coming thick and fast here, next for the chop and OUT in 22nd place is Frenchman Guilluame de la Gorce.  He was on about 90,000 and moved in preflop with    but was called instantly by the Kings of Michael Durrer.   This exit has resulted in Annette Obrestad being moved to Andy Black's table again LOL!!

Here is the prize money by the way:

Position
 Euros

1  532,620

2  297,800

3  178,680

4  127,630

5  105,510

6  83,380

7  66,370

8  47,650

9  30,630

10  30,630

11  23,820

12  23,820

13  20,420

14  20,420

15  15,320

16  15,320

17  10,210

18  10,210

19  10,210

20  10,210

21  10,210

22  10,210

23  10,210

24  10,210

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »

The picture won't be making the front cover of Cardplayer anytime soon, but just to give you an idea of the set-up at the RDS, here's a quick snap of the final three tables.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:59:58 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 03:07:32 PM »

Hi Nick - finally got back from Aruba then?? Couldn't agree with you more mate - it almost beats being there and is a helluva lot cheaper too!!!

Hey Tim,

Yeah eventually I got stuck in JFK airport overnight due to a delay flying out of aruba, not a prob as i had a laptop and found a plug socket  Smiley  I think your way of flying direct is the way to go next year if UB is still alive then.

Will hopf cu at an event soon and have to buy you a penis enlarger or two  Grin
AMJ2006

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 03:07:57 PM »

how ash hussain getting on wat da chip count
ZIPPY GT2

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »

chip count on ash hussain and martin green please, snoopy
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »

Do we get live TV/Internet coverage this time?

There is no TV/Internet Live Feed from this event unfortunately, even more so for me & Snoops which means we don't get a Live feed into the press room, we actually have to report with our own eyes the final table  Shocked

It is my understanding that the camera's will be absent in Prague & Warsaw this time.

In Warsaw, it's actually against the law to film the event, at least that's my understanding. With Dublin and Prague, I believe it's a cost thing. Bizarrely however, they might be in the Bahamas...

garlick
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2007, 03:13:37 PM »

please more updates about frenchman Ludovic Lacay, thanks
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2007, 03:18:35 PM »

Crazy action again, no sooner do I write down one hand, I turn sideways and another one is kicking off.

Ziad Kaady doubled through Casper Hansen with QQ v AK.

Dan Ruiter goes all in with AJ against Ken Hicks Jr who was holding AK.  The board was rather fortunate for Ruiter as it was

two hearts three clubs            CHOPPETY CHOP

Tronde Eidsvig doubled through Anders Pettersson, A10 versus Q10 giving Eidsvig around 140,000.

Snoopy also has news now of another exit................

T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2007, 03:25:20 PM »

Hi Nick - finally got back from Aruba then?? Couldn't agree with you more mate - it almost beats being there and is a helluva lot cheaper too!!!

Hey Tim,

Yeah eventually I got stuck in JFK airport overnight due to a delay flying out of aruba, not a prob as i had a laptop and found a plug socket  Smiley  I think your way of flying direct is the way to go next year if UB is still alive then.

Will hopf cu at an event soon and have to buy you a penis enlarger or two  Grin
Lets hope so mate - who knows if UB does go south Mr Duthie might decide that as Aruba is in the Dutch Antilles he might want to include it in the EPT a la Bahamas - rumour has it he has Jack Charlton checking out the validity of dual nationality for these events because he did so well with Mr Cascarino and others in Ireland Smiley

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2007, 03:27:47 PM »

As I waltz back into the cardroom, Big TK forces me to perform the tricky blogging maneuver of racing like a greyhound on speed whilst simultaneously jotting down the announcements on my notepad. Somehow, I manage to scribble down the bare facts, "Jan Veit all-in with against Micheil Brummelhuis's " and join the table with the Flop reading two hearts . After the Turn and River, it's all over for the German, Brummelhuis left to high five his fellow Duthman, Daan Ruiter, in victory and scoop a crucial pot.

I'm not sure where they've come from, but after a few years of obscurity, it would appear as though the Netherlands are finally becoming in a force in poker.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: