blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:21:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 28735 times)
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2007, 05:36:17 PM »

Weeeee, just got home and saw Annette is still building her stack.  I told her this morning I was gunna be 4 hours late b4 I got home to sweat her and she told me, "Don't worry, I'm not gunna bust." 

Plz keep more updates on her coming (and pics plz).

This week has been the first time I have had the privilege of watching Annette at work.  I have to say how mightily impressed I am of her table presence and scary factor in a hand.  How can someone so wee and diddy be so menacing?  In one hand yesterday against Tronde Eidsvig, he had moved all in on the end and it appeared Annette had made the decision to pass but just to make sure she put Tronde through the mill, no insta pass here.  She picked up a tiny edge of her cards and glanced at Tronde, let go, went for chips - anything she could do to gauge a reaction.  Impressive stuff, how did she master these things so soon from her bedroom?

She's a student of the game and a VERY FAST learner.  She's read up a lot on physical tells and has really become better at reading people through her growing expertise of live playing.  As for her presence, she's one of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet, but as you said, she's just extremely intimidating at the table.  I think it has something to do w/ her almost robotic looking motions and her never-changing facial expressions.  Throw this in w/ one of the greatest minds for the game you'll ever see, and you'll realize her potential in this game is unlimited.
isaacs

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »

any updates on Andys stack?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2007, 05:44:08 PM »

Weeeee, just got home and saw Annette is still building her stack.  I told her this morning I was gunna be 4 hours late b4 I got home to sweat her and she told me, "Don't worry, I'm not gunna bust." 

Plz keep more updates on her coming (and pics plz).

This week has been the first time I have had the privilege of watching Annette at work.  I have to say how mightily impressed I am of her table presence and scary factor in a hand.  How can someone so wee and diddy be so menacing?  In one hand yesterday against Tronde Eidsvig, he had moved all in on the end and it appeared Annette had made the decision to pass but just to make sure she put Tronde through the mill, no insta pass here.  She picked up a tiny edge of her cards and glanced at Tronde, let go, went for chips - anything she could do to gauge a reaction.  Impressive stuff, how did she master these things so soon from her bedroom?

She's a student of the game and a VERY FAST learner.  She's read up a lot on physical tells and has really become better at reading people through her growing expertise of live playing.  As for her presence, she's one of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet, but as you said, she's just extremely intimidating at the table.  I think it has something to do w/ her almost robotic looking motions and her never-changing facial expressions.  Throw this in w/ one of the greatest minds for the game you'll ever see, and you'll realize her potential in this game is unlimited.

That sums her up perfectly. Her head & upper body never seem to move a millimetre, her arms move robotically, but under those huge shades, you sense she is watching everything. Seriously scary. And yet, off-table, butter would not melt in her mouth. Top Lady, with many years of blissfully happy pokering ahead, a £million in her lucy, a WSOP Bangle, & a 5 year Betfair Passport. Can't be bad.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2007, 05:49:15 PM »

Talking of Annette just by chance, a fascinating hand developed between Annette & Andy Black.  Annette makes a raise of 16,000 preflop, called by Andy.  The flop was:

three diamonds 

Andy checks to Annette who bets 32,000.  Turn

Andy again checks and Annette bets 28,000.  Andy thinks for a while, talks to Annette, tries to get something from her but no chance.  Annette is absolutely motionless.  You cant see her eyes, her hands are cupping her cards, she will not speak.  Andy eventually forcefully announces call.  The river:

Andy checks again, again "robotically" (thanks jslaso) places 50,500 chips in front of her. Andy doesnt hesitate to call and Annette quickly reveals

for the flopped house.

A momentary silence from Andy Black as 125,000 of his chips are shippped to Annette Obrestad, the silence doesn't last long as Andy says "I hit the straight" somewhat winded.  Personally, I don't see Andy rivering a straight here, his body language was saying not, but today I am just the reporter.....

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 05:58:38 PM by Chili » Logged

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2007, 05:56:07 PM »

the silence doesn't last long as Andy says "I hit the straight" somewhat winded.  Personally, I don't see Andy rivering a straight here, his body language was saying not, but today I am just the reporter.....

Me neither.   its more likely IMO that Andy had a busted flush. 
You have to love the way that Annette has bet here, she just seems to bet enough to keep her man in the pot.  Alot of the times in these situations it seems as if some people can't wait to get all their chips in the middle.

Who do the updaters think will win from here on in?

I am edging towards Annette now tbh, she seems to be playing faultless poker and has also managed to get a wee bit of luck on a few occasions add that together and you got a winner.

jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2007, 05:58:37 PM »

Andy says "I hit the straight" somewhat winded. 

If you believe that, I have some farmland in Australia for sale.
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2007, 06:00:47 PM »

Annette is en route for another big victory in live poker history !!

u go girl Smiley

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
mdwexford

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2007, 06:05:22 PM »

I actually dont like Annette's bet sizing in that hand tbh.

Theres gonna be a monster pot between her and Andy soon though, ill be surprised if they both make the FT
1 million pot coming soon methinks......
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2007, 06:05:56 PM »

In what was a rather uneventful table in which Casper and Ludovic were leading the way in the blind stealing stakes, American Kenneth Hicks Junior has fallen at the Dutch hands of Daan Ruiter in 13th place.

Raising it up from the small blind with , Kenneth was quickly called by Ruiter leading to a rare two hearts Flop.

As expected, Kenneth made a continuation bet, to the sum of 22k, but, again, was swiftly smooth called by Ruiter.

Upon seeing the Turn, Kenneth opted to change his battle plan and check to see what Ruiter would do.

Whether this was a surprise or not, Ruiter pushed all-in leaving Kenneth with a difficult decision for all his chips, the total of which must have been around the 90k mark.

After rubbing his forehead in confusion, huffing and puffing gently to himself and offering his neighbour and quick suspicious glance, Kenneth decided that his middling pair was in front and announced call.

However, to his chagrin, Ruiter confidently flipped over meaning that Kenneth was drawing to two outs.

A blank Two Clubs on the River and it was all over for our across-the-pond vistor who becomes the latest casualty of this fast-paced Day 3.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 06:07:55 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »

For no other reason that to titillate our male viewes (hey, at least I'm honest!), here's a quick snap of one of the better looking dealers here in Dublin.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2007, 06:13:52 PM »

Another exit to speak about, a little way into Level 19.  Ziad Kaady found himself low on about 70,000 and pushed preflop with KQ, he was called by Michael Durrer with AK.  So Kaady eliminated in 12th place.

We are a little into level 19
blinds 4,000 / 8,000   1,000ante
average 301,400
11 players remain

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2007, 06:14:28 PM »

Here's a final picture of the now departed Kenneth Hicks Jnr. Notice the casual, laid-back approach of our easy-to-identify-as-American of Kenneth - no shades, no ipod, no nothing. He doesn't even look bothered, just sitting there legs spread, arms folded, patiently waiting in his shorts and sports shirt as if out for a morning stroll rather than playing for half a million in Euros. Nothing would fluster this chap. In contrast, the Scandinavians are all business, poker stare firmly plastered across their face, upright posture and Terminator shades shadowing a menacing stare. Bizarrely, I'm not sure which type of image frightens me the most.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2007, 06:15:30 PM »

Black could've had the straight holding , or less likely , I can only think he had one of those two or maybe or .
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 06:17:37 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

hugob055

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »

Black could've had the straight holding , or less likely , I can only think he had one of those two or maybe or .

lololol  1 of those 2 or 1 of those 4 ??
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2007, 06:24:27 PM »

11 players left

Dann Ruitter        500,000
Trond Erik Eidsvig     158,000
Casper Hansen        220,000
Ludovic Lacay        225,000
Rueben Peters        150,000
Michael Durrer       256,000
Annette Obrestad     520,000
Thierry Van Den Berg    355,000