blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:09:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Blondepoker.com Waterford Winter Festival: Day 1 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondepoker.com Waterford Winter Festival: Day 1 - Interactive  (Read 29872 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2007, 03:23:26 AM »

Junglecat posting on Kev's account now. I get about a bit huh?

Dave Shoelace aka Barry Carter has just played another interesting pot with Anna Colley.

Seeing a 3 way raised pot with her, he led for 2.5k on a flop after Anna and the other player both checked to him.

As the other player in the pot passed Anna commented "That's a gay bet there" and called. The turn came the , checked by Anna, and now Barry said "I'm going to make a masculine check now..."

"No such thing!" laughed Anna.

The river came the and now Anna led for 4.5k, Barry called pretty quickly.

"You shoulda folded there" said Anna confidently, but as Barry turned over A-J for top pair, she re-checked her cards and mucked them. "Rivered me" she claimed somewhat incredibly...!

I'm not sure I believe her there, do you?

[I believe she also said "Good game, gay boy." Looks the very picture of heterosexual masculinity to me. Smiley ]

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 03:40:50 AM by danafish » Logged

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2007, 03:24:11 AM »

Nicky Power looks to be on around 20k. There's half an hour left of play tonight and with a bit of luck we'll have full chip counts up before we collapse, so greater accuracy can be expected within just a short while...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2007, 03:28:42 AM »

Mike Lacey told me about a completely bizarre hand he was involved in.

Kind of short, he decided to limp in with . As you do. The flop came A-5-6 and it checked around. The turn came another 6 and someone bet 1k - even though there were two callers ahead of him, he called. As you do. The river came a 9, giving Mike the straight. Someone bet 3k - and something snapped in Mike's brain, leading him to believe that he had not in fact made the straight, and he mucked his cards. Fool! There goes the Lacey double up.

The bettor showed pocket Nines for the full house.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 03:39:11 AM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2007, 03:33:16 AM »

Incidentally in the break Jen told me another bizarre hand she found herself involved in.

She limped under the gun with with Aces. Michael Muldoon limped from mid position with, um, Aces. The big blind checks.

Flop - 9-7-3 and Jen bets out 1600. Michael Muldoon calls, and the big blind raises to 5k. Jen re-raises to 10k, and Michael Muldoon re-re-raises to 25k. Jen folds her Aces face-up (ohhh, the restraint!). The big blind turns over 7-9 for two pair.

Turn - 7

River - 7

Leaving the big blind with QUAAAAAAAAAADS!!!! and Jen feeling incredibly, for once deservedly, smug.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2007, 03:36:41 AM »

Please enjoy the pair of blondeites below. I got chip counts but that was a while back - seeing as the official ones will hopefully available within the hour, for the time being let's all just gaze upon their lovely faces and feel a warm glow inside.

Eric Stoner

AndrewT

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2007, 03:45:21 AM »

Here's some random counts for you, although these will rapidly be superceded by the final chip counts at the end of the day...

First off Tighty is looking somewhat tired now and it doesn't look like he has been involved too much as his stack has depleted to about 17k or so.

Tikay, well ditto really, perhaps looking a touch fresher than Tighty, but a similar stack of 16k or so.

M3boy was a little annoyed when I saw him.

Holding K-K, his blind was raised and he decided to play them slow to ensure a double up. SO he flat called.

The flop came Q high and M3boy checked before his opponent bet out 2k or so. "I knew he had AQ" so I flat called.

The turn though was the A and when his opponent bet out 3.5k M3boy felt sick but folded, leaving himself 10k back...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2007, 03:46:27 AM »

They've all gone crazy in the last half hour or so - we currently have 163 runners remaining with 10 minutes of play left, blinds at 200/400 with a 25 ante. Average stack is 25,306. I expect at least a handful more exits before we get to go to bed.

Sorry I couldn't be bothered digging out the running aunties picture two levels back, by the way. It's been a long day.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2007, 03:54:08 AM »

Tightend has just passed a big pair preflop, for the first second umpteenth time in his poker career Smiley

Raising UTG with Q-Q there was a raise behind and Roy Brindley shoved on the button. He reasoneed he couldn't be beating both so passed.

The raiser called quickly with K-K, validating Tighty's pass, and Roy showed that he was at it with his 6-6, which didn't outdraw the cowboys and sent Roy back to his ferrari with his tail  slightly between his legs.

Tightend commented that he would have shoved to the original re-raiser's raise so Roy's ill-timed shove actually helped him there...

"I've got exactly my starting stack to come back to tomorrow!" said Tighty. "How is that possible???"

As Neil announced over the microphone..."He's called Tightend for a reason!"
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:05:24 AM by Colchester Kev » Logged

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2007, 04:00:16 AM »

Play has now finished for the night. The only thing that could make me happier right now than the prospect of my Travelodge bed would be the bar being open, but it's not, so I'm going to think about kittens instead. Chips are being laboriously bagged and tagged, so until the chip counts magically reach us by email (thanks!), I am sticking a fork in this update. Oh my God I wish we had food. Back at 2pm tomorrow, coffee permitting...

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2007, 04:14:00 AM »

great updates, good luck to everyone still in.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2007, 05:04:58 AM »

Snoopy filled me in on some interesting hands, one of them involving the exit of blonde's own Luckylloyd.

After Snoopy took some chips off him, sneakily river check raising his turned set of Kings vs Lloyd's rivered set of Jacks, Lloyd re-raised allin on a Two Clubs board. Conor Doyle told Lloyd, "I think you've got a flush draw" and after vacillating for a while eventually called the extra 6k or so with bottom pair two spades . Now THAT's a brave call!

He was correct Lloyd did have the flush draw, but that's not all. Holding for top pair to go with his nut flush draw he had Conor drawing very thin. But poker being poker, almost anything can happen and an offsuit 2 on the river to give Conor trips sent a highly disgruntled Lloyd to the rail.

He was last seen heading off to the toilets for a bit of this...

The players have just had a short break but are back in action, so hold onto your hats, this could get bumpy...

lol donkaments
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 05:11:35 AM by LuckyLloyd » Logged

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
mdwexford

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2007, 05:25:36 AM »

Any lastest news on this guy ,  Very good wexford player (nearly a local)
PS I have a few $ on him at 225/1

Oops, not sure you're going to see a return on that - he seems to be hovering around his starting stack at the moment...

More confidence please danafish, i am due a sick run of cards tomorrow and will be ammassing a huge chip stack very quickly Wink
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2007, 05:34:07 AM »

Gr8 updates guys. Also i want an independant enquiry into Dewi donking off his stack with tp v Mrs.Mertons flopped flush. And "It was the Guinness" wont suffice.
Gl to all the blondites in this and hope M3, Snatty, Tighty, Snoopy etc go deeeeep.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2007, 06:01:56 AM »

Go Jen and Sloppy! (For monetary and betting reasons only)

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2007, 09:36:52 AM »

Phew! What a marathon sesh. Great breakfast read though.

Wd guys.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: