blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Blondepoker.com Waterford Winter Festival: Day 2 (Interactive)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondepoker.com Waterford Winter Festival: Day 2 (Interactive)  (Read 47989 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2007, 06:37:09 PM »

Snoops has doubled up Mike Lacey. The two hearts he was holding when I caught the hand is not as shameful as it sounds - AndrewT tells me that Mike was on the big blind and there were four or five limps before him so he checked it, and all the chips went in on the Two Diamonds flop - Snoopy was holding . The turn and river changed nothing, and Snoopy is down a bit and Mike has probably a playable stack now... 
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2007, 06:40:39 PM »

Another exit -

These two gentlemen were on their backs, as it were, when I strolled by.

Mateyboy walking off below -

Mateyboy not walking off below -

Did I give it away there? Board - and an unsurprising more-or-less double-up for Still-Seated Mateyboy.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »

Neil just announced Alan Mclean and M Sheridan just butted heads in a big pot...chipwise obviously, no nuttage was involved.

Well no nuttage unless you count the fact they were both holding A-A preflop...

No worries, it will be a chop and the dealer seemed keen to chop the pot preflop but was soon set straight.

The flop came down with 2 diamonds, opening a small window for a bad beat opportunity. The turned diamond opened the window yet further and the final river diamond jammed it right open with a crowbar, allowing Sheridan's aces to jump delightedly through whilst the diamond-less Mclean was left with that empty, dejected feeling big bad beats cause.

I would guess he was feeling something like this...

...one sick puppy..

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2007, 06:58:33 PM »

Another bad beat, although probably not depressing on the scale of going out with Aces to the rest of the Aces, has befallen Mr Eamonn Connolly. All in with KK up against the apologetic handshakey gent with him below, handshakey man spiked a third Six for the devil's own hand. Funny how often that happens.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2007, 07:12:37 PM »

Good evening Family Mason, by the way! I see you lurking there... Jen and her huge pile of red chips send their love to you both. They're looking a little tired, but we all get a dinner break in half an hour. Except the red chips. They have to stay on the table. Sad
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2007, 07:15:32 PM »

Jen's table has just witnessed a very long hand.

There was a raise preflop and Matey O'Boy 1 was seen betting 7.5k out on a board before being greeted with an allin push for around 30k or so by Matey O'Boy 2.

Next began a long pause that seemed to span millennia...

Jen loves a in the middle of a hand and can be seen showing great interest in proceedings during Matey O'Boy's mental deliberations...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
BigDog25

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2007, 07:17:03 PM »

Evening Dana... i suspect you're probably feeling none too peachy yourself but good work :-) I'm just loitering for a bit before going to play Risk with a bottle of scotch. Cat is alive and well. And its nice to see pictures of Jen not looking like a crackhead... All the best to her and Snoopy!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2007, 07:17:17 PM »

Any news on Michael Muldoon?

I'm afraid he's OUT - I found him lurking by the tables, trying to steal a chair from which to observe proceedings. He button-raised 3600 with and the lady on the big blind called and then checked the T-6-3 flop to her. He bet out 9k and she moved in for 25k - he called, and was smacked in the face by her Aces.

Here he is, looking like a man who's just been smacked in the face. I didn't smack him. Just in case you thought that's what I meant.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 07:21:10 PM by danafish » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2007, 07:18:12 PM »

Just for the record in that previous hand, the hand climaxed excitingly WITH...............................................

.....a fold from Matey O' Boy.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2007, 07:25:20 PM »

Evening Dana... i suspect you're probably feeling none too peachy yourself but good work :-) I'm just loitering for a bit before going to play Risk with a bottle of scotch. Cat is alive and well. And its nice to see pictures of Jen not looking like a crackhead... All the best to her and Snoopy!

Remember Risk is at its best when you're wearing a pirate hat. Thanks for keeping Aged Kitty hanging on to the fine, fine thread of life. Will Jen to win and we might be able to afford you another £20 for pizza! Have fun now...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »

A triple-up for the below gentleman. Somehow finding himself up against the pocket Deuces of Blazing Aces owner Dermot Jacobs and the pocket Tens of another player, his mighty, um,  took the pot when the board came down  three diamonds .

I think at least two of them were really short.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2007, 07:32:49 PM »

10 minutes remain of the 800 - 1500 - 100 level before the players will be breaking for 30 minutes or so to grab some munchies and rest their weary brains.

74 of them remain, the average is 55,743 and Jen and Snoops remain well stacked as the tournament goes into its final stages. AndrewT and Tikay are also still in, as is Snatiramas. We'll see if we can get some interesting tales from them shortly.

After the players resume from the break we will move to the 1k-2k-200 level.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2007, 07:34:57 PM »

Barry "DaveShoelace" Carter is OUT. He won't tell me how it happened ("oh, you don't want to hear about that"), but I have a very sad photo of him crying to his friend the Rail. I would say hard luck, Barry, but he won't tell me how he went out so possibly it wasn't particularly hard luck... Sorry anyway, man.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2007, 07:44:29 PM »

Wormster is OUT and he's very depressed.

Only kidding! I mean, he is out, but he doesn't seem too upset. He said he only had about 25k and he raised utg with K-T suited. It folded around to the small blind who went all in. Apparently he'd been doing that a lot, and Wormster didn't feel he had enough to fold, but this time the small blind had Jacks and knocked him out. He's really enjoyed it though, and is proud of an impressive comeback after slipping down to 6k early on yesterday. He feels like a champion!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2007, 07:48:39 PM »

chip count for Colch Kev please and Guiness count for Dewi please.  thanks snoops.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: