blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:57:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Grosvenor Midlands Masters: Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grosvenor Midlands Masters: Interactive  (Read 23837 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 11:13:53 PM »

Yet another correction to number of runners - looks like one more snuck in while no-one was looking, as the official number now reads 86, of which 77 are left in, with blinds at a mere 100/200.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 11:17:52 PM »

Dreaded Table 4, previously the Table Of Doom, has been re-christened Table Wasps' Nest by current resident Red Dog. "We have new, improved, rock-like Woodley, and new, improved, raising-like-a-maniac Singleton," says he. Never mind, Red Dog. You've had like eight hours' practice playing today already, you should have warmed up by now...
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2007, 11:30:13 PM »

We are 15 minutes into the 100 200 level...

I watch Snoopy's table for a short while but things seem relatively quiet.  Moved off the table of death from earlier, Snoopy is sitting on table 6 now, although the presence of several top notch players including Paul Jackson, will hardly make it a cakewalk to accumulate chips for the beagle...Whilst I stand coiled, pen itching to relate tales of vim and vigour from snoop's table, the best hand I am rewarded with is Actionjack limping on Snoopy's blind and Snoopy checking...

The flop came down two hearts, Snoopy checked and Actionjack bet out, rewarded with a fold by Snoopy. Exciting stuff I know......I did warn you!

Whilst I lurk round Snoopy's table, I am drawn to Roberto Romanello's table. As usual the verbose Welshman is in full flow and I catch the snippet "If you've got clubs, you've got outs, otherwise I'd fold...I've got to protect my hand!"

I check the action and Roberto has raised preflop and has bet out a large-ish stack of chips on the Two Clubs flop. His opponent, who I don't recognise, eventually folds to the Welshman's table talk.

Roberto turns over 4-7. "See I'm not raising with rubbish" he tells the table. "People think you need Aces to win!"

Good old Roberto!

Incidentally, here is the prize structure awaiting out lucky final tablists tomorrow...

1st -  £23,210
2nd - £14,190
3rd -   £8,260
4th -   £6,000
5th -   £4,000
6th -   £3,030
7th -   £2,260
8th -   £1,940
9th -   £1,610

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »

Mickey Wernick bets out 3.5k on a flop, and looks incredibly disappointed when everyone folds. He shows his so they all know he had an actual hand...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2007, 11:51:53 PM »

Matt Tyler is wandering off. "Are you...?" I enquire, wide-eyed, and he makes the universal sign of the slicey throaty. Hmm, think I, I shall leave off reporting this for a moment. Eventually he returns to his healthy stack and sits back down next to Surinder Sunar. "I knew you weren't out," say I. It is apparently hilarious to mislead the credulous updaters. Oh well. I'd do it too if I were playing. Anyway, Matt's on a very respectable above-average 20k - with 74 players left, average stack is 13.9k. Although says he: "Surinder's got his eye on them, so it'll be around 3k soon".

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2007, 11:54:46 PM »

There I was mocking the tightness of Snoopy's table when a large-ish pot plays out, and it involves the dog himself!

In what looked like an unraised pot, seen by several players the flop came out

Ah

Snoopy checked, there was a bet to 700 from someone in middle position which was raised by a late position player (apologies for lack of names, these players are unknown to me and have been throughtlessly moved from their initial starting seats with little consideration for the cat. Also apologies for this probably unnecessarily long parenthesised paragraph, which will no doubt render the end of the sentence completely meaningless as you'll have forgotten what I was blithering on about in the first place) to 1700.

Snoopy FLAT CALLED the raise...

The turn was the and Snoopy now bet out 700 which was called.

The river was the Two Diamonds. Snoopy checked his cards again, before asking the other player in the pot how much he had left in his stack. After a little think, Snoopy checked and the other player also checked.

He showed down K-J for the straight which was good against the flopped two pair A-T for the unlucky beagle.

The turned heart was doubtless a good card for Snoopy as he could well have lost more chips without this danger card appearing. So good news and bad news, he's down about 2.5k on the hand, but he's not broke.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2007, 11:58:03 PM »

Top updates Ms Banjo and Cat. Please wish a good luck to Maria, Sam Trickett, Julian and Chris "Flippery" Bruce lol.

Ta muchly.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 12:01:44 AM »

I caught the very end of a hand involving the salmon-shirted (actually salmon, Snoopy fans - not, this time, pink) gentleman below - if the seating plan does not in this instance lie, his name is Mick Corrigan. The board read 4-A-K-8-6, and he was taking the pot with pocket Eights while Dave Smith showed his losing Ace. Mr Corrigan now has about 28k.

He limps in to see a flop on the next hand too. Ian Hemsley bets 500 on the flop, but lays it down when Mr Corrigan raises him - he shows , and Corrigan shows pocket Aces. Someone's having a good day.

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:03:47 AM by danafish » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 12:04:19 AM »

Mickey Wernick, Trevor Pearson and Stuart Rutter just got involved in some poker-ing.

Anothe unraised pot, Stuart checked the flop, and Micky quickly bet out 500 into the 600 or so pot. This was called by Trevor Pearson, before Stuart check raised to 1900.

Quick passes from both players and the scarfless, but not chip-less monsieur Rutter raked in the pot...

Micky mumbled something through his impressive beard that sounded like it was probably "well-played".

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2007, 12:35:40 AM »

Over on Table Of Waspy Doom Nest, they seem to be having far too good a time.

Exhibits A and B - Ian Woodley reading magazine article concerning the players to his left and right. Note also the lady I believe is Andrea Gough exchanging a glance with the dealer...

Exhibits C and D - Table 4 is such a centre of fun that it's drawing players from other tables to try and soak up the atmosphere. Says Matt Tyler: "Why do I always look gay in photos?"

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 12:41:28 AM »

Snoopy's scraped back a few chips. Three players including the Beaglous One check the turn and river of a 5-T-6-J-9 board. The young gentleman in seat 9 announces that he has the nuts, but turns over pocket Threes instead. Matey 2 shows A-Q and so Snoopy's A-T is good. Not a big pot, but better than nothing for the shortish Snoopster.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 12:42:22 AM »

It looks like Lucy Rokach has been eliminated. Who by, I cannot say, howso, I do not know (trying desperately to make my ignorance sound like it has mystical connotations.) What I can say is her chair is vacant and there is a Lucy Rokach shaped hole at the table.

Matt Tyler is on 20k, he is happy and was busy wandering around the cardroom picking play fights. He started with Ian Woodley, who told Matt, "One punch and you'd be out like a light, but I'd catch you and cradle you to the floor like a baby" Matt looked dubious. Dana got some good footage of him getting revenge on Ian...

Dave Colclough looks to be relatively short, I could only see around 7k in his admittedly partially obscured stack. He is all sniffly and cold-ridden it looks like. Bless.

Dr. Cat prescribes homemade chicken soup for dinner and lemon, ginger, honey and hot water in a mug before bed time.

As I pass by Mark Segal's table, I notice that he is drinking his tea but that the saucer has remained attached to the cup. A part of me is inclined to tell him before it falls off, but a bigger, more mischievous part is taking bets on whether he notices before it falls...

Suddenly it seperates from the cup, there is a crash of crockery and the saucer hits the floor but miraculously survives its perilous trip to ground and begins to roll off under another table. I flash out a paw like lightning and scoop it up to return to the a grateful Mark Segal but fail to say, "Ahhh, keeping the saucer close to the cup, Mr Segal. I guess that makes the tea hard to spill"

Finally amidst all this waffle a hand, involving 2 guys who, assuming they are in the same seats they started in (which is a tenuous assumption I must admit) were Arulman Sivaguru and Tony Fellone and also Ian Woodley.

All 3 saw a flop of and it was checked around I beleive.

The turn came the , which elicited a bet from Arulman of 550 after it was checked to him , called by Tony (who was in the small blind) and also called by Ian.

The river was the As, checked once more by Tony, also checked by Ian, and bet to the tune of 1500 by Arulman. Tony now check raised to 4k!

Wow, some slowplay if he had a monster. Ian quickly passed and Arulman tanked for a few minutes but eventually also gae up the ghost, leaving the slickly haired, slightly mobsterish looking (and sounding) Tony Fellone to pick up the pot.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2007, 12:49:44 AM »

Steve Jelinek bet out on a flop, but dejectedly laid it down when Matt Tyler shoved his considerable stack across the line. He's down to 7k or so (it looks like less, but there was a 5k chip in front of him), and this time he looks like he wants his picture taken even less than he did last time. Sorry, Steve.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:55:25 AM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2007, 12:54:15 AM »

Reyaaz Mulla is OUT to the young gentleman below who may or may not be called Bullock. Both of them insta-all in on a three clubs flop (with not a moment taken to Mulla it over, chortle), Mulla's failed to improve against Bullock's .

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2007, 01:00:50 AM »

Did you just say 'chortle' ?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: