blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:16:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Grosvenor Midlands Masters: Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grosvenor Midlands Masters: Interactive  (Read 23804 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2007, 01:16:46 AM »

Did you just say 'chortle' ?

Yes sir. Sorry sir. The worst thing is that I actually chortled as I thought up that dreadful, desperate pun. I left it in in a kind of pathetic act of journalistic integrity.

I haven't really slept since Waterford.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2007, 01:19:42 AM »

Yes sir. Sorry sir. The worst thing is that I actually chortled as I thought up that dreadful, desperate pun. I left it in in a kind of pathetic act of journalistic integrity.

It's no problem, i just thought you might have read too many copies of the Beano...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2007, 01:24:49 AM »

Micky Wernick makes a comment about playing with the "talented Chili" and the wise old Red Dog, who has recently moved to his table.

"Give her a spanking" urges Paul Jackson from the adjacent felt.

"Oi niver spink yung loidies" says Micky, protesting (the below picture showing Micky possibly rubbing his nipple provocatively is pure coincidence)

"YES YOU DO!" counters an astonished Paul Jackson.

Red-Dog is busy laughing at this frivolity. Meanwhile a hand is being played out. Red Dog, Chili, KP nuts Kevin Parkes and one other I believe have seen the flop of

Checked round to Chili on the button, she raps the button to indicate a check too.

The turn is the

Once more check-age predominates and there are no bets.

The river is the and Kevin now picks up a 500 and 100 chip and bets out ( the bet being 600 if you are too lazy to work that out)

Chili quickly raises to 1500 and Kevin quickly calls and looks a bit bemused as he shows J-J whilst Chili shows the slowplayed A-8, with which she had flopped a full house.

"I was hoping someone would catch up! Hard to get paid off with hands like that" remarks Chili as she rakes in the medium pot... Red-Dog agrees sagely before happily posing for this picture with Chili.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 01:31:45 AM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2007, 01:25:09 AM »

It's no problem, i just thought you might have read too many copies of the Beano...

No, I mean, everything does seem sort of flat and unfunny, but that is again due to lack of sleep and not Beano poisoning. Talking of poisoning, I've just ordered some food, so I should hopefully perk up soon...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2007, 01:28:17 AM »

Also spotted-at-the-cash-table-presumed-OUT is Roberto Romanello.
glenn

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2007, 01:30:26 AM »

Go Chili ! !!  Go Red Woof !!
xx
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2007, 01:59:29 AM »

Julian Thew is OUT!

He ran his K-K into Ian Woodley's A-A. Standardly the chips went in preflop and there were no shocks of any kind.  A merry-as-he-could-be Julian picked up his things and left the table.

That propelled Woodley to what looked like it might be 30k or so, but I am having a bit of a problem differentiating the 1k blues from the 5k purples so my chips counts may occasionally lack a little accuracy...

Dave Colclough is lookign focused and possibly a tad less sniffly than before (sneaky little chicken soup Dave?) and also it appears as though either I miscounted his stack earlier or he has had a revival of sorts as he appears to have 20k+ now...

The tables have been reduced to 6 now, 58 players remain and we are on 200/400. Things may start to hot up now...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2007, 02:00:57 AM »

Assorted Chip Counts:

Red Dog -- 16k
Chili -- 30k
Smoopy -- 8k and clawing: "Well, I wouldn't mind getting Aces..."
Stuart Rutter -- 12k
Matt Tyler -- OUT - not sure how, but whatever happened, Chili informs me he muttered something about playing it badly before he wandered off. She says Julian knows, but he's out too. Oops. Poor old Matt and Julian.
Trevor Reardon -- 12k
Steve Jelinek -- back up to 30k somehow. Possibly partly off of Matt Tyler? I merely speculate. But he looks much happier.

Trevor Reardon:

Click to see full-size image.

Stuart "Scarfless" Rutter, here seen texting for emergency scarf backup:

Click to see full-size image.

Red Dog "How Come Every Time I Eat Something Someone Takes A Picture And Puts It On The Internet?" McCready, here with Chili and an omelette. Greedy greedy... Smiley :

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:25:22 AM by danafish » Logged
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2007, 02:02:22 AM »

JC - awesome impression of Mickey Wernick impersonating Paul Jackson (I think)...

dana - I am watching Nigella Lawson at the same time and she just made butterscotch.  Can I make butterscotch in one of your pans?

Chili - hooray for slowplay!

Julian - hard luck

Ian Woodley - good luck

Now get some random chip counts!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2007, 02:03:12 AM »

Oh, you just posted some.  Sorry, and thanks.  But you look silly because you put two pictures of Stuart Rutter up.

[edit - oh, of course you've edited it now so I'm the one who looks crazy.  Pass on some luck to my %age Snoopdog too!]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:07:44 AM by Djinn » Logged

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2007, 02:06:40 AM »

Hey, I just posted chip counts! And I want butterscotch! This isn't fair!

Please enjoy the just-posted counts and do feel free to harass me for more, particularly if they're for Tony Fellone. Don't know who he is, but he sounds like he's going to be cool.

And also of course go right ahead and make butterscotch in any pan except the really good new one that I love like a child in case it goes horribly wrong, but a) save me some, and b) never convince yourself that greaseproof paper is unnecessary if the recipe calls for it.

Post photos!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2007, 02:08:23 AM »

But you look silly because you put two pictures of Stuart Rutter up.

I thought I fixed it fast enough that no-one would notice. Oh my god are you actually just repeatedly hitting the refresh button? Dude, you should go watch some tv or something.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2007, 02:08:35 AM »

Chip count for Tony Fellone please.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2007, 02:09:24 AM »

Oh, you just posted some.  Sorry, and thanks.  But you look silly because you put two pictures of Stuart Rutter up.

[edit - oh, of course you've edited it now so I'm the one who looks crazy.  Pass on some luck to my %age Snoopdog too!]

Thanks, now we both look crazy. Fabulous. I'm getting more chipcounts.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2007, 02:46:54 AM »

I have a quick chinwag with Stuart Rutter, who is busy piling up a stack of chips...

"Just got lucky!" he tells me, "but I got unlucky just before that"

He had just lost a pot with Q-Q  v A-J "which sucked" when he raised in the next few hands with .

He bet out on with a gutshot on a flop of Two Clubs and was called. The turn card was a "big card for me", it being the to give him a double gutter and a flush draw. More chips went in on the turn before a magical offsuit 4 to give him the nuts arrived on the river and the rest of the chips went in. I didn't catch his opponent's unfortunate holding but Stuart was suitably grateful at his backdoor draw arriving.

I may have to stop cracking Stephen Seagal gags if Mark Segal keeps up his rampant chip accumulation.

He appears to be on 40k+ at the moment.

Chip count for Tony Fellone please.

....Sorry just to expand a little on that. I run bad at chasing mobster poker players (NB any views expressed by the cat are not necessarily those of Blondepoker, Dana or any other updates so any hits organised should be specifically carried out on the cat, beware though, I like getting whacked...)

Anyway I found Tony's seat to snap him, but his chips were gone...Just as I was regretting having not snapped our resident Soprano prior to his knockout, I turn around and  there he is!! Still in - just relocated to a different table! I prepare to point and click when Stuart catches me to tell me about the hand he had jsut played out with above....When I had finished having a pleasant chat with Stu, I turn around to find Tony Fellone has disappeared and is seen skulking around the cash tables looking very miffed.

Not wanting to get on his wrong side, I decide now is not the time to approach so I leave him be, but bad luck Tony, you'll beat those wiseguys next time...

Chip counts randomised for your pleasure....

Pete Singleton 17k

er, that's it...

Better get back to work!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: