blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:36:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 38825 times)
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2007, 02:46:12 PM »

Big news from the land of KingPoker to come shortly from Floppy involving a pot with this chappy, the guy chickens hate to meet - Joe Kuomi:

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »

Is the luckbox STILL in ??   Grin

Joe Koumi flopped top set. KP had Ten high. You don't need to guess what happened next...

Ok it wasn't that bad, the board read and Joe had , with KP holding and all the chips went in, the turn was the two hearts meaning luckbox Gareth had to avoid another heart to scoop a huge pot, which he duly did when the river was the knocking Joe out.

He ruuuuuuuuuuuunsssssssssss goooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 02:47:26 PM »

He runs so good. Luckbox.

HI HELEN!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2007, 02:49:46 PM »

LOL  goooooooooooo KP.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2007, 02:52:28 PM »

blessed, and Welsh

one out of two ain't bad

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2007, 03:02:07 PM »

Joe Koumi flopped top set. KP had Ten high. You don't need to guess what happened next...

Ok it wasn't that bad, the board read and Joe had , with KP holding and all the chips went in, the turn was the two hearts meaning luckbox Gareth had to avoid another heart to scoop a huge pot, which he duly did when the river was the knocking Joe out.

that's how you play a monster draw!..woohoooo

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2007, 03:09:52 PM »

Bugger me sideways, if you'd told me a several years back, whilst I was nonchalantly watching Beppe and his finely trimmed beard in Eastenders, that I'd be having the following conversation of surreality with TV's own Michael Greco, I would have told you to quit the whack backy and stop yanking my chain.

"Hello, young Michael," say I.

"How do you do, snoops," he responds.

"Agado?" I joke, leaning over his i-pod.

"No, I said how do you do," he replies bemused.

"I mean on your ipod," I clarify. "I didn't realise you were a Black Lace fan. Have you got the Congo too like me?"

"No, don't think so." He scours through his menu. "Abba, Atomic Kitten..."

"Is it the old stuff or the new songs?" I probe.

"The old stuff."

"Ah good, that was the classic Kitten material."

"Do you have the Eastenders theme tune on there?" I non-reluctantly ask.

"Yeah, I listen to it all the time," he jokes. "Self pleasure (he didn't quite use that term) myself to every day."

At that point, I thought it best to leave and hope he was joking.  Shocked

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2007, 03:10:18 PM »

LOL...Betfair has probably gone into overdrive.....we would be lucky to get even money for the title now Cheesy
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2007, 03:13:35 PM »

LOL...Betfair has probably gone into overdrive.....we would be lucky to get even money for the title now Cheesy

it was agreed we got 10% off him wasn't it?..I think I remember that from earlier in the week.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
gasman

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2007, 03:15:20 PM »

Good Luck Karlos & Pramesh!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2007, 03:15:42 PM »

As Mad Marty makes his presence known behind me by exclaiming, "Oy, oy, you've come to play with Mad Marty!", Irishman Dave Callagan is spotted on one of the side tables, quietly grinding away in that quiet, calculated and perhaps unIrish-like fashion that we've become accustomed to.

Not to be confused with former EPT finalist Dave O'Callaghan, the O-less Irishman is one of his homeland's rising stars, playing some of the biggest Omaha cash game around. As a cash player first and foremost, today is a rare visit to the tournament felt, but one which should show his prowess nonethless.

One to watch out for predicts Mystic Beagle.

... although I hear there are some sharks hovering around his table.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2007, 03:27:16 PM »

For some unknown reason, it seems to be Floppy and Chili who are attracting the big pots, with little old me forced to settle with long drawn out hands that never amount to anything. One of those encounters that appeared to fizz out just because I was watching was between Luton GUKPT victor Dave Clark and stripy unknown Jean-Luc Belin. A two hearts three diamonds board lay on the felt and it was up to the Clarkster, Jean Luc Picard having beamed out a 1.5k River bet.

What made me chuckle about this hand was the reaction of the players, all of whom became increasingly restless the longer Dave Clark took to make his decision. Liam Flood huffed and puffed under his breath, Sid Harris raised his eyebrows and glanced up to the heavens and Warren Wooldrdge squirmed in his seat. Dave Clark, who seemed unfazed by the obvious impatience of the table, many of whom I'm sure were tempted to risk looking rude and calling for the clock, did eventually fold allowed Jean-Luc to lap up the pot.

Does anyone know if bloggers are entitled the clock?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2007, 03:32:22 PM »

Veteran Patrick McCloskey is teaching the kids a few tricks, keeping his more youthful opponents guessing with a 2k bet on a board. Luke Trotman (pictured) was the man who reluctantly folded, but he was willing to confidently guess his foe's hand, saying, "Must be Ace King, yeah?" as he passed. Wily old Patrick refused to answer, but this didn't stop everyone continuing to guess, A-Q seemingly the most popular response. Finally, Patrick confesses, "I had an Ace." No kicker though, so it looks like he's keeping his cards close to his chest.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2007, 03:33:50 PM »

London Winner, Blackpool Finalist and generally Canadian, Leo Kam is OUT. His last 6k going in with Queens but going out to Martyn Cavanagh's Kings.

Albert Sapiano is missing hitting the backdoor draws on the turn that he calls for on the flop and is down to only around 4k.

Nik Persaud is cursing his luck having defended from the blinds with Two Clubs , flopping a straight on a three clubs board against Hurol Bekir and getting his whole stack in against the drawtastic , only for him to add two pair along with his straight, resulting in a 4-6-3-5-2 board and a chop chop.

King Poker just paid off 2k on the river to Ben Vinson on a board.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 03:36:10 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2007, 03:35:42 PM »

Anything that makes the updaters job easier I am all for, the clock, I have to say is pretty awesome but players taking the notepad off me and writing a hand out that is currently in progress is just shear laziness on my part.

The funniest part is Michael Muldoon writing out the preflop action on his table in a hand between Jason Medley & John Fletcher inclusive of the hands he THINKS both players are holding.  The action had reached the turn and which was checkraised for 8k by Meds and had Fletcher dwelling for a while.  This induced Muldoon to write a big "FOLDS" on my pad in a big circle.  Good skills Muldoon, Fletcher folds with neither player declaring their hands.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: