blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:41:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 38853 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »

There's a tough table near the door, Ashley Hayles, Praz Bansi, Keith Hawkins and Ladbrokes Poker Million winner Raj Modha all locking horns. Joining that motley crew of eclecticism is the leather clad lad (hey, that rhymes!) pictured below, Hurol Bekir. I've never come across him before, so, as with most of our pictures, if you recognise him, feel free to tell us a bit more about who he is and how he came to play in this event.

As I left, The Bear [Hayles] had his glare firmly locked on Raj Modha, the Londoner betting 3.1k on a board of Two Diamonds . "I'm winning," declares Raj. "I think you're ahead. I'm pretty sure you're winning," responds The Bear. On that note, Raj changes his mind and opts for the fold.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 04:57:49 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2007, 04:47:53 PM »

KP CL?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2007, 04:48:29 PM »

Gareth Ower   32625

Go fish go!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2007, 04:49:58 PM »

Jason DeFreitas bets 800 on a board, Steve Jelinek c/raises to 2,100. DeFreitas makes it 11,000 and it's all too much for Jelinek who mucks showing the .

A few hands earlier however Jelinek took a fare amount of Chris Bruce's chips. Bruce limped UTG with Aces as did Jelinek and a few others, the flop came 7-3-2. One guy bet 500, Bruce called, as did Jelinek, the turn was a King. First player checked, Bruce bet 1200, Jelinek made it 2,500 and Bruce was the only caller, but both checked the river which brought a possible flush. Jelinek showed a set of Threes.

An outbreak of Tobey Maguire-itis on Table 1, as many of the players don't really look like they want a photo taken. One of these, Ronald Seymour, in seat 3, is now OUT. His nickname is 'Shaft' but I think he looks more like Frost from the classic film 'From Dusk Till Dawn'.

"Come on, Sex Machine!"

Finally, here's Andrew Feldman folding to Brian Johnson's 1.5k bet on a board.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2007, 04:51:19 PM »

Paul Bracken is down to just 4k after tangling with (1) Anna Kournikova and (2) Phil Curtis, the latter, who, incidentally, is pictured below, possibly being the less desirable tangles of the two. It was a relatively straight forward hand in the end, the Blackpool GUKPT winner calling opponent Curtis' all-in on the Turn of a Two Clubs board. Bracken had , but found himself in all sorts of trouble to Curtis' Two Diamonds Two Clubs. An academic hit the River leaving Curtis to rake in a timely double up.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2007, 04:51:42 PM »

KP CL?

woohooooo...

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2007, 04:51:54 PM »

Dan Owston  19,500

Martin Cavanagh  23,000

Ian Cox   16,200  (looks mishcievous)

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2007, 04:59:08 PM »

Ooooooo I have a small treat for you all now.  In honour of Kevin O'Leary winning the first UK Heads Up earlier this week, blondepoker (or floppy) have allowed me to try out my little camera's video capacity.  I picked a proud moment for Kevin accepting his trophy from Jon Raab just before the restart.  Here we go:

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2007, 05:00:03 PM »

Marc Inizan has been caught with his pants down, Joshua Tyler (pictured) the man approaching from behind. With a board of Marc had , but came up a cropper against Joshua's . I believe Marc tried to muck his hand, but either a player or the dealer made him turn it over.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 05:02:38 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2007, 05:00:40 PM »

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2007, 05:06:03 PM »

Michael Bale is down to shrapnel, and by now, quite possibly out. He was virtually all-in against neighbour Mark Gray with Tens v Kings on a 6-9-9 Flop. The Ace Turn and Three River made no difference giving Gray the pot.

Lucky Bale uses Right Guard, although we didn't check the cardroom for dead squirrels.

palacedeano
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »

has mark gray borrowed that shirt from stuart clutterbuck?
ihatethevic

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »

There's a tough table near the door, Ashley Hayles, Praz Bansi, Keith Hawkins and Ladbrokes Poker Million winner Raj Modha all locking horns. Joining that motley crew of eclecticism is the leather clad lad (hey, that rhymes!) pictured below, Hurol Bekir. I've never come across him before, so, as with most of our pictures, if you recognise him, feel free to tell us a bit more about who he is and how he came to play in this event.

As I left, The Bear [Hayles] had his glare firmly locked on Raj Modha, the Londoner betting 3.1k on a board of Two Diamonds . "I'm winning," declares Raj. "I think you're ahead. I'm pretty sure you're winning," responds The Bear. On that note, Raj changes his mind and opts for the fold.

Hi
The 1st pic is Tommy, a regular cash games player at the Vic. A real nice guy and also a bit of a loony. I don't  think the money is of any interest to him, he just likes to play. As he has absolutely no fear of going broke, he could be very dangerous with chips.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2007, 05:14:51 PM »

Gissa job.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2007, 05:28:21 PM »

Karl Mahrenholz has around his starting stack, even after pushing Kevin Jenkins off a 2s-Kc-2h-8d board with a 1.2k Flop and 1.7k Turn bet.

Meanwhile, Mike Ellis was last spotted re-re-raising Ben Vinson. Mike made a standard raise pre-flop and in late position, Ben said 2.3k to play only for Mike to up the ante to 6.3k. Ben folded allowing Mike to take the pot uncontested. Vinson still has 13k though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: