blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "To Blog or Not To Blog" that is the question
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "To Blog or Not To Blog" that is the question  (Read 65901 times)
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 09:13:33 AM »

Has anyone mentioned scantily clad ladies...?

Seriously tho - as well as poker it's great to hear about those slices of life away from the tables... the weirdos - the oddballs - the great meals etc.  Kinda Edwin Hopper in words blog.

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 10:25:24 AM »

wow,
i didn't know big changes were afoot jim...gl out there, i'll sure you'll make a good living.
i'd like to be kept informed about where & what you are eating please,
good luck!

Translated = let me know where you are so I can come and stay for free.

I would love to read a blog about your experiences Jim. You will be missed at Luton and it would be great to keep in touch with what you're doing do when we come and stay see you you don't have to go through it again and again and again. 

I have found writing a blog very cathartic, and it helps me keep things in perspective it makes me realise what an idiot I have been.

Please do it Jim - I for one would live to read it.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 10:45:13 AM »

I hardly read blogs..there are too many people who think someone gives a crap about their bad beat stories that I've given up on reading most poker related blogs.

If you are only going to post about how the drunken tourist made a stupid play and took all your money by hitting a one-outer on the river than I would say noone will give a crap about your blog. If you give an honest account on live in Vegas and the poker scene and it's ups and downs it could be well worth a read and I would surely give it a whack. Don't just write about poker hands also write about the atmosphere (which Snoopy for instance does very well) of the places you play..and write, like I said, about Vegas and what it's like to live there as a poker player.

Best of luck to you..I'm sure you'll do well.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 08:52:36 PM »

2/5,No Limit No Looky.blogspot.com ?

It's your blog (or it would be) so write what you want to.

If you want some topics of interest to me:

• Las Vegas off-strip.  Where's good to eat, where's best to avoid, non-poker things to do.  I have rarely ventured out of tourist areas.
  • Poker rooms offering exceptional value.  Overlays, promos, fishiest players and why they are there.  Why you are choosing to play in a certain place at a certain time in preference to anywhere else.
  • Sick puppy action.
  • Any decent repartee at the table
  • Any observations about your own style of play in key hands.  It is always interesting for me to see how others arrive at a decision, particularly the same decision for a different reason,  and particularly those with differing styles from myself.

Best of luck out there.

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 09:18:31 PM »

Jim

Its your blog - write what you want.

Blogs make great reading - and by that I mean your own. I find it a good way to improve your own Game.

Whatever you write, I am sure many (including me) will read.

Best of Luck.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 02:13:47 PM »

I would find it interesting to get more of a feel on the way the americans value their hands. I have always found that they are looser but I would love to really get into their minds a bit more - give us examples of their play etc.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 03:37:58 PM »

I for one would love you to do it Jim and wish you every success in the desert.......Luton will not be the same after you go. Mind you it wasn't the same whilst you were here.........your insights into life in Vegas would be valued by all of us

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 05:46:16 PM »

You in Vegas, its like sending a heroine addict to Afghanistan!

Gl m8, when exactly are you going?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 05:56:49 PM »

You in Vegas, its like sending a heroine addict to Afghanistan!

Gl m8, when exactly are you going?

Please more like opium

looking at about 1st feb

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 06:01:01 PM »

Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on Go on go on go on............Go on!

Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   Copy and Paste?   

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 06:03:18 PM »

Blogs are great, however mine is a moan fest so avoid that and i expect you will get more than the 11 visiters i get!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 06:38:36 PM »

I like reading blogs that are different, I certainly think you should start your blog early as you embark on the adventure.  Warts an the good, the bad and the ugly.

Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 04:25:53 AM »

Jim, as l said to u in Luton mate, make it your diary and l think many people would love to read about your dream being realised which at the end of the day is the dream of many on this forum.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 08:57:33 AM »

many people would love to read about your dream being realised which at the end of the day is the dream of many on this forum.

I don't think so. Not that many on here fancy a menage a trois with Hinge and Bracket.

The older I get, the better I was.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 04:23:43 PM »

many people would love to read about your dream being realised which at the end of the day is the dream of many on this forum.

I don't think so. Not that many on here fancy a menage a trois with Hinge and Bracket.

animal vegtable or mineral

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: