blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:12:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "To Blog or Not To Blog" that is the question
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "To Blog or Not To Blog" that is the question  (Read 66177 times)
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2008, 03:29:40 PM »

As things stand I fly back the day after BB6.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Xpressman

NEW ADVENTURE..... WITH THE GILLS !!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »

Mazzletov, congratulations and wishing you both a Happy, healthy and prosperous future together.

Xpressman.

gasman

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »

really great blog, best around at the moment...congratulations to you and wife
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2008, 08:19:05 AM »

Congrats Jim, chuffed for you both

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2008, 08:32:49 AM »

Mazzletov, congratulations and wishing you both a Happy, healthy and prosperous future together.

Xpressman.

Ditto Jim
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2008, 05:38:44 PM »

Thx Ian and paul

Thx Karl and is gasman Sunny? either way thx HitSquad be seeing you guys soon for the WSOP

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2008, 12:58:51 AM »

Ok it back im gonna rejump on the diary bandwagon and revive my blog through this diary.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2008, 01:01:52 AM »

Ok it back im gonna rejump on the diary bandwagon and revive my blog through this diary.

good man.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2008, 01:24:05 AM »

Ok so i guess i owe a long post seeing as i havent posted on my blog since i got married on March 26th. Well i have been married for just over 2 months now and i have to admit that i have been very happy for most of it. This is mainly because our 3 months was up and we had to return to sunny England. I could only stomach a week there but Nancy stayed for over 3 weeks to visit friends and family both in England and Ireland.

Well i went against Kev's advice and got married and i have to say i have never been so happy. i honestly wish we had done it sooner. Im suprised at how well Nancy has settled in to life over here and how settled in she is. When we were on our way to the airport to fly to the UK she said to me cant we just stay i dont want to go back. I never expected to hear those words from her 3 months ago.

Vegas life is amazing. The weather is amazing. I come down in the morning at 7am and its bright blue skies and the temp is mid 70s perfect. Its getting to the mid 90s in the afternoon so its not too hot just yet. As long as you have plenty of water it is never a prob and everywhere you go has air con anyway. I was in the Red Rock today and a player was complaing that the air con was too cold you can never keep poker players happy.

We have found a house. offer excepted and all things going well we should be in by the last day of this month. After seeing it for a 2nd time we put on offer in of $40k under the asking price and they snapped our hand off. The market over here is really carzy its amazing what you can buy compared to back home. Our rental house doesnt have a pool so it will be good to get into the new place and be able to soak in the pool when the heat gets crazy.

On a poker front i havent been playing too much. I know play for a living and i find that i play less than when it was more of a hobby. When i tell people im just playing a few hours a day and a few days a week i find people not believing me. 90% of my poker is at the Red Rock and i have just checked my records to discover i played 1 session on the strip in May. That was a 5/10 game in the Venetian. Im making a good steady no stress living playing locally at the RR so why go chasing action down at the strip. I do find it boring playing holdem cash day in day out. If i could get some good live omaha action on a regular basis things would be a bit easier. It does suprise me that if you say you play poker it means you play holdem.

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2008, 07:20:19 AM »

im going to the airport tomorrow for the 4th time in 7 days. I have always found it strange for the airport to be so centrally located. I wonder how many other major cities in the world have an airport in the city itself.

i have 2 friends from Luton staying with me for the next 2 weeks dave pokermuppet colton and dave johnson. Should be a good laugh having the 2 of them around and ill try to show them a different side of Vegas to what they have seen in the past.

it will be good for me having them about as they will want to see a lot of the wsop and hit the cash action on the strip.

relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2008, 07:22:10 AM »

im going to the airport tomorrow for the 4th time in 7 days. I have always found it strange for the airport to be so centrally located. I wonder how many other major cities in the world have an airport in the city itself.

i have 2 friends from Luton staying with me for the next 2 weeks dave pokermuppet colton and dave johnson. Should be a good laugh having the 2 of them around and ill try to show them a different side of Vegas to what they have seen in the past.

it will be good for me having them about as they will want to see a lot of the wsop and hit the cash action on the strip.

Chuck and Muppet. Sounds like a fun week.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2008, 07:30:23 AM »

I found it so strange being back in england last week. You forget just how green the place is. In saying that i had lived in Romford and where i live in Vegas def has moe greenery. Everywhere i went seemed to be dirty and rundown. The weather had been nice the week before i got there but it was totally miserable the whole time.

I know the steriotype that we all have of Americans but im kinda getting used to it now. All the Have a Nice Day Now really is meant with the nicest of intentions whereas if in England you speak to someone you dont know in the street your classes as some kind of wierdo. I got on the train to Luton and i have never seen so many people not look at each other.

jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2008, 12:39:49 PM »

I am glad you started this again - good stuff.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »

good old Virgin. The flight in from Gatwick has been delayed by 6 hours it now get in just after 6pm so they are making up a bit of time.

i wanted to get to the Rio to see some action in the $1500 i hope James Aikenhead all the best i think he has great talent. 1 time more for the hitsquaders.

ESPN are covering the FT so i hope he gets some good TV time and maybe even signed up for a sponsership deal from it.

I remember Chili and James sitting in the grandstand drinking beers and watching Alan Smurfit winning his bracelet. What a difference a year makes

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2008, 06:17:55 PM »

Had the 2 Daves staying with me for a couple of days now its been a good laugh having them around.

you def have a different outlook on life when the 2 of them are around.

there flight was delayed 6 hours in the end so the 2 weary travellers just had a quiet night and an early night. We did a little tour of where i live and we went to the Red Rock for dinner. They got to see the poker room and were impressed by the place but both decided it was no Luton

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: