blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:40:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Prague: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Prague: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 44634 times)
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »

We will NOT be covering the WSOP or WPT again, in the near-term, but that's nothing to do with money, it's because they just treat us, & more importantly, our Staff, badly, & expect us to pay them fortunes for the right to part-Update their Events. They can whistle. We are free-to-view, & so should they be.

It's a real shame what has happened with regards to the WSOP and WPT coverage and selling off the coverage rights to one media outlet will IMO hurt poker in the long term. I am relatively new to the poker industry, but there used to be a saying something along the lines of 'what's good for poker is good for poker'. And I can remember as recently as the 2006 WSOP there being a really good camaraderie between the updaters and the sharing of info, the sort of atmosphere that still exisits in the press room at the GUKPT events.

But it seems, in America at least, Bluff, Cardplayer and Pokernews, by proxy of Bluff selling the updates, have become embroiled in a poker turf war. When it comes to big events such as the WSOP this hurts British poker fans as these sites for the most part seem to focus on American players. For instance i'm fairly sure Skalie barely got a mention at the WSOP main event until they were near the final table.

End rant.

The beauty of updates on Blonde aside from their being the best is the ability to interact with the updaters and request copious amounts of norkage on occassions.

Hehe, which I am not obliging with lol.  Ok, since you ask so nicely  - I'll see what I can find in the form of dealers or lady players and I can always post Pokerstars Swedish updater Lena who is a stunning young lady  Wink

LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2007, 05:00:58 PM »

We will NOT be covering the WSOP or WPT again, in the near-term, but that's nothing to do with money, it's because they just treat us, & more importantly, our Staff, badly, & expect us to pay them fortunes for the right to part-Update their Events. They can whistle. We are free-to-view, & so should they be.

It's a real shame what has happened with regards to the WSOP and WPT coverage and selling off the coverage rights to one media outlet will IMO hurt poker in the long term. I am relatively new to the poker industry, but there used to be a saying something along the lines of 'what's good for poker is good for poker'. And I can remember as recently as the 2006 WSOP there being a really good camaraderie between the updaters and the sharing of info, the sort of atmosphere that still exisits in the press room at the GUKPT events.

But it seems, in America at least, Bluff, Cardplayer and Pokernews, by proxy of Bluff selling the updates, have become embroiled in a poker turf war. When it comes to big events such as the WSOP this hurts British poker fans as these sites for the most part seem to focus on American players. For instance i'm fairly sure Skalie barely got a mention at the WSOP main event until they were near the final table.

End rant.

The beauty of updates on Blonde aside from their being the best is the ability to interact with the updaters and request copious amounts of norkage on occassions.

Hehe, which I am not obliging with lol.  Ok, since you ask so nicely  - I'll see what I can find in the form of dealers or lady players and I can always post Pokerstars Swedish updater Lena who is a stunning young lady  Wink

Just gotta say that Chili is a top bloke and definetely puts the Beagle to shame with regard to the quality of pictures.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2007, 05:05:30 PM »

Hi,

I just checked-in and great updates so far.

Can you do me a favour and see if you can find if fellow Brit, James Finigan, is still in and how he's doing (photo would be good too - he answers to the name Jim or Jimbo). You had him on the alphabetical list in an earlier post.

Cheers,

Stu

Ask, and ye shall receive. James only has around 4k though.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2007, 05:06:25 PM »

End rant.

If it helps, here's some bus norkage.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2007, 05:10:24 PM »

Jeff Kimber is OUT. He raised with A-Q, called a re-raise all-in versus K-Q. The King came and then a flush as well to add to insult to injury.

Running out of Brits today, though it seems there's a lot more playing tomorrow including Priyan De Mel who won a sattelite last night.

LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2007, 05:13:13 PM »

Eh, yes please!! 

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2007, 05:14:54 PM »

Nicolas Levi, the almighty 'Hatpimp' is out, he'd raised out of the small blind with Sevens getting one caller, bet a 2-3-4 flop before pushing on the King turn which he reasoned was most likely a blank, except his opponent had called his raise and flop bet with K-8...

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2007, 05:15:25 PM »

End rant.

If it helps, here's some bus norkage.

and a train.

image removed

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:17:59 PM by taximan007 » Logged

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2007, 05:22:21 PM »

Back in the real world norkage - Voila!

and my personal favourite

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2007, 05:28:47 PM »

Chili, thats no good, we need a pic of Jen dealing - she's dealing the Cash Games I believe.

Get a pic or else I'll Post some more Buses & Trains. Get my meaning?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2007, 05:29:36 PM »

Your personal fave is my personal fave.

Good work Smiley

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »

I don't see many big big names in the list for today although Natalio Jose Camacho Casado seems quite meaty.

We've got a photo of that nobody Jeff 'Jaffafish' Kimber, but surely your viewing public deserves a picture of one of the biggest names of poker?...
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2007, 05:38:27 PM »

Chili, thats no good, we need a pic of Jen dealing - she's dealing the Cash Games I believe.

Get a pic or else I'll Post some more Buses & Trains. Get my meaning?

Yes that's right, we all went and embarrased her last night, but she got lucky on us and had a break just as we arrived.  Ok, I'll hunt her down since we are on a 15 minute break here, then its only 2 more levels for the night.  Would be cool to sit and play cash at Jen's table and tip her like mad and make sure the table followed suit!!

Booo, Floppy just told me he just had a Jen gander but no sign yet!

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2007, 05:42:16 PM »

I don't see many big big names in the list for today although Natalio Jose Camacho Casado seems quite meaty.

We've got a photo of that nobody Jeff 'Jaffafish' Kimber, but surely your viewing public deserves a picture of one of the biggest names of poker?...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2007, 05:45:33 PM »

Assuming the smilie is because my request came across as gobbeldygook (which often happens), I was just asking if we could have a picture of the wonderfully named Natalio Jose Camacho Casado, if only because she sounds like she has the norkage potential to keep Llevan quiet.  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: