blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:00:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD January £500 NLHE: Day 1 Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD January £500 NLHE: Day 1 Interactive  (Read 45875 times)
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2008, 03:02:47 PM »

I enjoyed the updates.

Fran is Miss Poker in Nottingham if this is a monthly update thingy for the DTD 500, it would be good
to see LMC helping with the updates, giving you the who's who and some history of the local players.

Just a thought

Regards

M

madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2008, 03:05:32 PM »

I enjoyed the updates.

Fran is Miss Poker in Nottingham if this is a monthly update thingy for the dtd 500, it would be good
to see LMC helping with the updates, giving you the who's who and some history of the local players.

Just a thought

Regards

M

Good idea:)  The updates last night were great and I followed them right through (which is unusal for me). More of the same please:) It even made me feel like I wanted to be at DTD playing. One day!

Patience is a virtue.

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »

I enjoyed the updates.

Fran is Miss Poker in Nottingham if this is a monthly update thingy for the dtd 500, it would be good

Just a thought

Regards

M

Good idea:)  The updates last night were great and I followed them right through (which is unusal for me). More of the same please:) It even made me feel like I wanted to be at dtd playing. One day!
it will be great to have you here mad..x

thanks jon very nice of you to say..i hope to be playing the next one and im more than happy to help with names and info if anyone wants to know
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 03:09:02 PM by littlemissC » Logged
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2008, 03:10:07 PM »

Mr Reddog

Was it the fast clock and to few chips that made you shove 12k in with AQ

Just wondering

Regards

M

Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2008, 03:13:34 PM »

Mr Reddog

Just wondering

Regards

M

10k chips/1hr clock...instareddogfoldaments

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2008, 03:30:55 PM »

Fantastic update guys.

And no offence to snoopy and floppy, but I for one have read THIS update a hell of alot more than the EPT bahama's update - nothing to do with their style of updating, just that I feel there is alot more interest in this comp than the EPT?

Also, dtd has a 2 day event which finishes in a day - maybe a good argument for changing the structure?

But then again, if the numbers were greater, it wouldn't of finished in a day - so maybe the structure is spot on?

Anyway, sounds like a great comp. Just wish I was there.

however i will probabaly increase the starting stack to 10,000 and a 45 minute clock.

2 day tournament at THE place to play poker........Good to hear  thumbs up
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »

slate me all you want.

last night was the first time I came on blonde for many months as I wanted to watch how womble and zach did at dtd. I have to say I was dissapointed with the updates as there wasn't much poker content on most pages. The fact there were 6 or 7 tables and more than one updater doesn't really wash with me as most updates you do have many more than 6 or 7 tables. So many big names went out early without even a mention. I can understand the updaters may have been busy watching ironside/red or drinking and the real updaters are away at another tourney (ecellent reports from the PCA). Can I ask how many blondes are from Nottingham? surely it would make more sense having locals updating rather than sending people each month.

ariston

better lucky than good
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2008, 03:46:45 PM »

Again, all feedback is welcome

Whilst it is true I/we missed the exit of Simon Zach (early I assume) we did follow Womble through the evening and I believe, re-reading, that there's plenty of poker content as we went through the night

I don't think any of us touched a drop either!

The point about using local blonde players to help with updates is interesting, and something I'll pass on

Thanks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2008, 03:51:30 PM »

For the record, I thought the content and pics were excellent.....especially considering the A team were elsewhere!
 A good mixture of info and blonde watching.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2008, 03:54:43 PM »

not just simon and I wasnt meaning that, we didn't see many of the early eits seeing as so many players were commiting suicide early on. Wasn't meant as a personal dig but something I have noticed on a couple of updates . I like Tom, Tikay, Ironside as much as anyone else but there is more to the pokerworld than the chosen few.

I think the using local updaters has some merit to it as most would happily do it free of charge I'd imagine and we could see some different writing styles.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 03:59:28 PM by ariston » Logged

ariston

better lucky than good
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »

In all fairness this was not a scheduled update (or was it?) and Tighty and Tracey did very well IMO for complete newbies, ok they don't know the notts crowd but who cares this isn't a notts forum.
When folks request chipcounts and updates this happens (mostly) so i don't see the problem, if the Notts crowd want a secular update then do it yourselves or ask the updaters for erm updates...........
I do think you should use locals though rather than peeps driving 100 miles, only so you don't have to add extra banners/more rake to cover the petrol money.

BTW norkage was lacking, you'd think Djinn was still in control...............

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »

not just simon and I wasnt meaning that, we didn't see many of the early eits seeing as so many players were commiting suicide early on. Wasn't meant as a personal dig but something I have noticed on a couple of updates (the last one was the gukpt at blackpool where I went very deep and was involved in some serious pots to take chip lead and some more than interesting plays reported on every other major update site present). I like Tom, Tikay, Ironside as much as anyone else but there is more to the pokerworld than the chosen few.

of course, I didn't take anything as a personal dig

As we've discussed recently elsewhere on blonde (tikay raised the question of what type of updates people wish to see and from where) we strive to provide a balance on live updates between following people who we are requested to follow or we know are popular and the wider event.

and I do believe there is an element of luck involved as to whether you as an updater are actually on hand to record a key pot...last night it certainly wasn't for the want of putting the effort in.

that said, the more experienced (and better than me!) updaters have more of a chance of doing this and getting that balance right I think.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2008, 04:01:49 PM »

the one bit of norkage I thought was fine and would suggest a thread devoted just to the head valet- bikini shots if possible (happy to do potography free of charge for you guys).

ariston

better lucky than good
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2008, 04:03:42 PM »

Mr Reddog

Just wondering

Regards

M

No, I can't say that at all. I didn't play last nights event particularly well, but I was in no immediate danger.

I had been card dead and short stacked for a while, but was a relative newcomer to this table when I picked up two good hands in quick succession. As it happened, I re raised early position raisers with both these hands and won two decent pots.

A couple of hands later, the AQ hand came up, there was a raise and as the action was passed around to me I thought that if I were to re raise again, the original raiser might fold, or, because of my apparent bullying tactics, call me with a worse hand.

IMHO if you are going to play AQ you need to get your chips in first and force your opponent to find a big hand or pass. Had he flipped JJ or lower pair I would have been happy to race at that point.

If I have more chips at this time, I probably do play it differently, but my situation was down to my poor play, not the structure.

The older I get, the better I was.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2008, 04:06:34 PM »

Mr Reddog

Just wondering

Regards

M

No, I can't say that at all. I didn't play last nights event particularly well, but I was in no immediate danger.

I had been card dead and short stacked for a while, but was a relative newcomer to this table when I picked up two good hands in quick succession. As it happened, I re raised early position raisers with both these hands and won two decent pots.

A couple of hands later, the AQ hand came up, there was a raise and as the action was passed around to me I thought that if I were to re raise again, the original raiser might fold, or, because of my apparent bullying tactics, call me with a worse hand.

IMHO if you are going to play AQ you need to get your chips in first and force your opponent to find a big hand or pass. Had he flipped JJ or lower pair I would have been happy to race at that point.

If I have more chips at this time, I probably do play it differently, but my situation was down to my poor play, not the structure.

I'd rather push with AQ than call with AK but maybe thats just me.

ariston

better lucky than good
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: