blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  norman wisdom
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: norman wisdom  (Read 2396 times)
turny

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:03:27 AM »

just watched the programme on bbci about norman wisdom aged 92 3/4. recommend it to you all if you have n't seen it yet,

the guys a legend and even to this day wants to lark around and entertain. rather sad seeing him so old now but for 92 hes still fairly agile.

some greats films watched in my younger years and was fortunate enough to see him live about 20 years ago.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 10:12:35 AM »

got it sky+ed (is that a word now?)

half looking forward to watching it and half dreading it. from the clips it looked like everything but the clown was turned off.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:17:59 AM »

Heard about it on the radio.  Loads of people have been giving the family stick for putting him in a home.  It was a doctor who advised them to, and not a decision they took quickly or lightly.  People are all too eager to criticise about things that aren't really anything to do with them - as though Norman Wisdom's welfare is their concern because they've seen his films.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:30:10 AM »

Heard about it on the radio.  Loads of people have been giving the family stick for putting him in a home.  It was a doctor who advised them to, and not a decision they took quickly or lightly.  People are all too eager to criticise about things that aren't really anything to do with them - as though Norman Wisdom's welfare is their concern because they've seen his films.

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »

So very true: 

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »

Very much agree Kin.

I watched this the other night with tearie eyes, was a big fan of Norman Wisdom. It was great to see him still hamming it up for the public and cameras alike.

Quite correctly the doctor's advice was probably the biggest factor in the decision to place him in a home where he has full time proffesional care.

The family found him a place on the Isle of Man where he has lived and loved for many years. The prog finished with Norman sitting on a chair surrounded by a captive audience within the home singing his heart out and as happy as ever.

God bless.............a true legend

Geo.

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 01:20:36 PM »

it was sad when they were contemplating putting him in the home and i must admit at the time i wasn,t happy with the families decision but once you see him in there you could see how happy he was and how this man was born to entertain and craves an audience you could see the right decision had been made.

dont laugh at me cos im a fool still makes hairs stand up on the back of my neck

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »

Used to live near the great1 in epsom and bumped into him in a petrol garage he asked every one in the garage what they wanted on him i got a AtoZ and he signed it Result!!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »

Colch Kev doesn't like him

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »

Colch Kev doesn't like many people

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 04:12:49 PM »

he used to come into where I used to work every once in a while. after a couple of times everyone used to do a runner when they saw him coming in. if he weren't norman wisdom he would probably have been asked to leave.

i used to love his films too
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 04:55:53 PM »

Norman didnt really care that much for coach kev!!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 10:19:40 PM »

I love Norman Wisdom, i can do a mean impression "MR GRIMSDALE" ... but i do tend to get the hump when some mug is playing a norman wisdom film at silly o clock in the morning when i have been up all night playing cards ... Booder is a nightmare room share ... be warned !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 11:07:32 PM »

There is no veiled criticism intended but did the program cover the reason why the family felt compelled to take part in a documentary showing their father being institutionalised?

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 01:45:50 PM »

I love Norman Wisdom, i can do a mean impression "MR GRIMSDALE" ... but i do tend to get the hump when some mug is playing a norman wisdom film at silly o clock in the morning when i have been up all night playing cards ... Booder is a nightmare room share ... be warned !!

no sky+??
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: