blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:50:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 ... 2347 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3641609 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10035 on: September 08, 2010, 01:49:18 PM »

This is how I feel today. (In fact, this is how i feel most days)

Very nice, Tom.

After we spoke today, I entered "obdurate" into an online thesaurus.

It came up with....

adamant, bullhead, callous, cold fish, dogged, firm, fixed, hanging tough, hard, hard-boiled, hard-hearted, hard-nosed, harsh, immovable, implacable, indurate, inexorable, inflexible, iron, mean, mulish, obstinate, perverse, pig-headed, relentless, rigid, set in stone, stiff-necked, stubborn, thick-skinned, tough, tough nut to crack, unbending, uncompromising, uncooperative, unimpressible, unrelenting, unshakable, unyielding.

Just saying, that's all. Wink

That's strange, I entered "Elusory" and it came up with this...

ambiguous, baffling, cagey, deceitful, deceptive, difficult to catch, elusory , equivocal, evanescent, evasive fallacious, fleeting, fraudulent, fugacious, fugitive, greasy, illusory, imponderable, incomprehensible, indefinable, insubstantial, intangible, misleading, occult, phantom, puzzling, shifty, shy, slippery, stonewalling, subtle, transient, transitory, tricky, unspecific.

If the cap fits....

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: September 08, 2010, 02:12:04 PM »

"fugacious"?

You might be the first person to suggest I'm "short-lived"!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10037 on: September 08, 2010, 02:18:14 PM »

"fugacious"?

You might be the first person to suggest I'm "short-lived"!

I was referring to your veracity.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10038 on: September 08, 2010, 02:21:18 PM »

Google Logo September 8 2010 : New Google Doodle Hidden Message  – Believe it or not Google has unveiled a new doodle today. After yesterday’s crazy bouncy balls they now have an all grey/white logo on their homepage but when you start searching/typing for a word or term -the letters that spell out GOOGLE magically regain their colors.

Now time for the million dollar question what is the purpose/meaning behind the doodle?

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10039 on: September 08, 2010, 02:45:28 PM »

Probs doesn't mean anything - maybe some Google employees came up with ideas for things they could do with the logo which they couldn't tie in to a particular date, so Google just put them up on some random days.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: September 08, 2010, 03:09:41 PM »

Probs doesn't mean anything - maybe some Google employees came up with ideas for things they could do with the logo which they couldn't tie in to a particular date, so Google just put them up on some random days.

As a google geek, I know you will be thrilled & fascinated if I remind you that the buzz name for google employees is googlers, & they work not at google's Offices, but at the googleplex.

In 2008, the google Company revenue per googler were in excess of $1,000,000 pa, & the earnings (profit) per head some $210,000.

http://royal.pingdom.com/2009/05/14/congratulations-google-staff-210k-in-profit-per-head-in-2008/

I still think the google Home-Page, devoid as it is of any flashing pop-ups & ads, is the greatest Home-Page of anything, anywhere. And that's despite it being, as an advertising medium, surely THE most valuable piece of advertising space in existence.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: September 08, 2010, 03:50:42 PM »

pm sent tom

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: September 08, 2010, 03:50:54 PM »

I only ever visit the google homepage when to look at their fancy logos.

Another interesting google fact:

"(they) know where you are, (they) know what you like".

They also think everyone should be able to change their name at the age of 18 to leave behind the embarrassing mistakes of their past that are archived online and would prevent them from finding employment.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: September 08, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »

ah - it looks like google have a new feature - 'google instant'.   It anticipates what you're going to ask and brings up results as you are typing.  Guess the doodle today was in anticipation of that going live.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10044 on: September 08, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »

ah - it looks like google have a new feature - 'google instant'.   It anticipates what you're going to ask and brings up results as you are typing.  Guess the doodle today was in anticipation of that going live.

Mine has always done that.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: September 08, 2010, 06:29:33 PM »

the anticipating what you're going to ask bit maybe, but has it brought up search results as you type on the same page?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10046 on: September 08, 2010, 06:37:59 PM »

the anticipating what you're going to ask bit maybe, but has it brought up search results as you type on the same page?

No, but wouldn't that be a nuisance? Especially if you're researching cockatiels or some such.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: September 08, 2010, 06:44:41 PM »

ah - it looks like google have a new feature - 'google instant'.   It anticipates what you're going to ask and brings up results as you are typing.  Guess the doodle today was in anticipation of that going live.

No, but wouldn't that be a nuisance? Especially if you're researching cockatiels or some such.

potentially.  i'm gonna try that:

cocktails, cockapoos, cockateils.  seems safe enough, and now I've learned what a cockapoo is.  could be a good way of stumbling on some hidden gems

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: September 08, 2010, 06:51:43 PM »

been playing with it a bit more - it's very clever actually.  If you put anything vaguely, ahem, 'dodgy' in, it waits for you to press enter rather than bringing the results up immediately.  that's with safe search turned off.  appreciate that might not be a good feature in some people's eyes Cheesy

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10049 on: September 09, 2010, 08:16:57 AM »

Holier than thou?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11238062

Pages: 1 ... 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 ... 2347 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: