blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:37:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610114 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11040 on: January 21, 2011, 09:25:55 AM »

That weight loss would make a great graph, Tom, very well done.

Odd how it "sticks" sometimes, & at others, seem to suddenly lurch south.

A tremendous effort, you must be delighted.

Yes, I'm chuffed, and I feel so incredibly well. (cept for my arse)

I dunno how to do a graph on here.

Me neither. A kindly Gent, Machka, sent me instructions on how to do it, but my eyes glazed over at step 47. I think he said you set ut up on google docs & then link to it. If I could remember what medium he used to write to me, I'd Post it for you.

Incoming stuff comes in so many ways now - e-Mail (I have 4 addys), PM's here, PM's next door, Twitter, FB, texts, etc. Never by letter though! I miss letters, the postman calling was always a delight.

Great to hear you are feeling so chipper. A sure sign the diet is doing the trick.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11041 on: January 21, 2011, 09:33:59 AM »

That weight loss would make a great graph, Tom, very well done.

Odd how it "sticks" sometimes, & at others, seem to suddenly lurch south.

A tremendous effort, you must be delighted.

Yes, I'm chuffed, and I feel so incredibly well. (cept for my arse)

I dunno how to do a graph on here.

Me neither. A kindly Gent, Machka, sent me instructions on how to do it, but my eyes glazed over at step 47. I think he said you set ut up on google docs & then link to it. If I could remember what medium he used to write to me, I'd Post it for you.

Incoming stuff comes in so many ways now - e-Mail (I have 4 addys), PM's here, PM's next door, Twitter, FB, texts, etc. Never by letter though! I miss letters, the postman calling was always a delight.

Great to hear you are feeling so chipper. A sure sign the diet is doing the trick.

When we were travelling, we never used to get letters obv, now we get a pile of stuff every day.

Mrs Red loves to get mail, the novelty never wears thin for her.

I hate getting mail though, 90% of the time I'm worse off, the other 10% things stay the same and I feel like I've had a result.

The older I get, the better I was.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: January 21, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »

I'll do a graph for you tom and send it to you. Can you pm me your email address?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11043 on: January 21, 2011, 10:08:57 AM »

I'll do a graph for you tom and send it to you. Can you pm me your email address?

Yes. Thanks.

Will I be able to drive it?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: January 21, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »

Yes. Thanks.

You need it in Stones & lbs Tom!

I could work the "kilos" graph, easy-peasy, but kilos are no good to me, I want to weigh myself in real money. For some reason, it's harder to do (graph) in st & lbs.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11045 on: January 21, 2011, 10:46:21 AM »

Yes. Thanks.

I could work the "kilos" graph, easy-peasy, but kilos are no good to me, I want to weigh myself in real money. For some reason, it's harder to do (graph) in st & lbs.

Because Excel is a 21st century tool, whereas st and lbs is a 15th century way of measuring weight.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: January 21, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »

Yes. Thanks.

Why not simply do it in lbs.?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: January 21, 2011, 11:01:12 AM »

Yes. Thanks.

Because I then have to - in my mind - re-convert that to stones & lbs. I am currently 187.4 lbs, which means absolutely nothing to me. But 13st 6lbs is a measure I can relate to, & understand.

A target of, say, 12st, I can relate to, "see" in my mind. 168lbs is just a vague number.

What is your current weight Ralph? 15st?, or 210 lbs? I'm sure you see it as the former, rather than the latter.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: January 21, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »

Yes. Thanks.

Because I then have to - in my mind - re-convert that to stones & lbs. I am currently 187.4 lbs, which means absolutely nothing to me. But 13st 6lbs is a measure I can relate to, & understand.

A target of, say, 12st, I can relate to, "see" in my mind. 168lbs is just a vague number.

What is your current weight Ralph? 15st?, or 210 lbs? I'm sure you see it as the former, rather than the latter.

My current weight is 12st. 4lbs., about half a stone more than my ideal fighting or golfing weight.

I merely suggested doing it in lbs. as it might make the graph simpler to organize.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: January 21, 2011, 11:21:27 AM »

Simples.

=ROUNDDOWN(/14,0)&"st "&ROUND((/14-ROUNDDOWN(/14,0))*14,0)&"lb"

from my own weight loss spreadsheet graph. Or as I like to call it, the flat line.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: January 21, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »

Yes. Thanks.

My current weight is 12st. 4lbs., about half a stone more than my ideal fighting or golfing weight.

I merely suggested doing it in lbs. as it might make the graph simpler to organize.

12st 4lb? A mere lightweight! How you keep it that low on those dinners you cook I'll never know. I've barely recovered from Xmas Day's Yorkshire Puds yet!

Yes, I agree a "lbs" graph is easier to organize, but I'd just prefer it were all in proper old money, st & lbs.

It's like getting used to decimalisation, you & I still work in £, shillings & pence, because that's proper money.

You playing the DTD thing this weekend?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: January 21, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »

Simples.

=ROUNDDOWN(/14,0)&"st "&ROUND((/14-ROUNDDOWN(/14,0))*14,0)&"lb"

from my own weight loss spreadsheet graph. Or as I like to call it, the flat line.

Got that, Tom?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: January 21, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »

Grrr, I can't do it in stones and our resident excel expert is out.

Would you like it in pounds?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: January 21, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »

that's the excel code in longines' post isn't it? or was it just jibberish?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11054 on: January 21, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »

that's the excel code in longines' post isn't it? or was it just jibberish?

It was the Excel code you need.

(If you put that code in cell E5 and 205 in , E5 would show = 14st 9lb)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:21:21 PM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: